Status: Ohhaii(: This story is UNCOMPLETED. I hope to make it AT LEAST 25 Chapters Minimum(:

Tail of the Wolves

Trois (3;Three)

Recap;

Malikai looked at her for a heartbeat before getting up and walking over to her, curling up beside her before she could protest and laying his head on her side. Kenzie laid there awkwardly, unsure of what to do before laying her head down and letting sleep overtake her. Malikai’s tail thudded against the ground softly, repeatedly as Kenzie snuggled a bit closer to him, stealing his warmth. Within a little while, they both fell into a deep sleep, dreaming of eachother. (:

Kenzie's Dream; Kenzie's p.o.v.
~ ~ ~

Running through trees, I can feel the wind in my midnight black fur. The moon was full and bright, covered by only a few black clouds. The stars were shining brightly in the velvety black sky. Why couldn't every night be like this? I feel free. I feel like myself. I feel... not lost, for once. I feel accepted, unseen by judgful eyes. Free to be as I am. That was all fine and dandy until, SMACK!

I stumbled back onto my bottom, rubbing my nose with my paw and glaring at the thing I slammed into. He had gray fur that was silver with the moonlight. He was looking out across the field, tail wrapped neatly around his paws, muscle showing through his pelt, despite his fluffy fur. His left ear was perked, while his right was laying flat, angled to hear behind him. I scoffed, growling quietly at him being in my way. I was enjoying my moonlit run. He turned around at my growl, looked at me with big brown eyes that turned a bright amber-gold when the moonlight hit them. My growl caught in my throat and I choked on my breath.

Malikai. Malikai was here, sitting right in front of me. Looking at me with those beautiful brown eyes of his. Looking at me with eyes that held no judgment, no hatred. Looking at me with eyes that held nothing but understanding and regret and something else. Regret? what could he possibly have to feel sorry for, he's done nothing wrong.

I took a step back, meaning to turn around and run away, but the "something else" in his eyes held me, gaze locked with his. He walked towards me closing the distance between us. He lowered his grayish silver head, his nose touching mine. A spark jolted through me, like a lightning bolt, shaking my insides, right down to my core. All the fur on my spine and neck bristled at the touch, and I jumped back, started at the shock, and slammed into a rock.

Malikai's dream; Malikai's p.o.v
~ ~ ~

I was sitting at the edge of the field, covered by trees. I could see the moon in the dark sky, covered by a few dark clouds. Stars were shining all across the black, a bright gleaming white. I was thinking. Thinking about the decision I made to make Kenzie my mate. I was glad I chose her. She had the qualities that would make her a good leader. She was deteremined, stubborn. A bit lazy, but, she knew how to have fun. She stood up for herself and didn't take crap from anyone, not even her parents, or the elders. She had the qualities that I liked in a she-wolf. I can never get those sparking green eyes out of my head. Every time I close my eyes I see her face.

Smack! I stumbled forward as something slammed into my back. I turn around to look at my attacker, shocked to see Kenzie there. A low growl ripped out of her chest and I flattened my ears against my head. She never wanted to be my mate. I heard what she'd said to Scotty this evening. "I'd rather die than sleep with him." It had stung. She didn't know how I felt about her, and it was clear she didn't feel the same. I had considered taking Kendall as my mate, like the elders wanted me to. She was responsible and respectful. Quiet in her own way, but I didn't like that. I liked Kenzie. She was tough, didn't take crap. Plus, she chooses her sister over everyone else, even herself. There'd be no way she could be an Alpha Female. It'd be too much for her. Kenzie coughed, and I focused back on her.

She looked so cute, I couldn't help myself. She took a step back, but stopped, looking like she wanted to turn but couldn't. I walked closer to her, expecting her to turn and run away, or at least lash out and hit me or something, but she didn't, and that both surprised me, and worried me. I leaned my head down toward her, my ears flattening when she didn't pull away as my nose touched hers. I felt a shock go through my body, like a lightning bolt of desire. I wanted her. Needed her. Needed to have her by my side.

I knew I could have any of the she-wolves in the pack, I could tell by looking at them during the ceremony when I chose Kenzie as my mate. They all looked at me with that same lustful gaze. Everyone except her. She was sleeping, uncaring of who I picked. Indifferent to who would be the new boss of her, like she would even listen to them anyway. It made me want her even more, just remembering it.

Kenzie jumped away and the next thing I knew, there was a loud crashing sound, like rocks falling.


The Story Begins; Third person p.o.v.

~ ~ ~

Kenzie bolted awake, jumping back and slamming into the wall of the den. Rocks came crashing down around her, some of them landing on top of her, pinning her to the ground. Malikai stood up swiftly, looking around, eyes wide and anxious at the crashing sound. He looked at Kenzie and ran to her, pushing the rocks off her with his nose, feeling the same jolt he felt in his dream when his nose touched her fur. Kenzie pulled back from his touch, feeling the jolt, as well. She stood up, and shook dust and pebbles from her fur and glared at him with hate-filled eyes. Malikai stood still, watching her. He saw a small bit of fear mixed with her fury. He took a small, tentative step forward, his head lowered as he looked up at her. Her fur was bristling all down her spine and her ears were flat against her head as a low growl ripped from her chest, louder than the one from her dream, but quiet enough to put a bit of fear in Malikai's mind.

"Kenzie...?" Malikai said quietly, taking a step forward. Kenzie stepped back, growling louder. Malikai stepped back. "Kenz... whats wrong?" he said, lifting his head just a bit, steadying his gaze to meet hers. All the confidence she once had was gone. She was shaking on her paws as the adrenaline faded from her veins, leaving her weak and weary. The fury and fear that was replaced by exhaustion. Malikai walked over to her, ignoring her small growl, knowing she was too tired to put up a fight. He grabbed her by the scruff and pulled her to the middle of the den, where it was warmest and pushed her down gently, forcing her to lay down.

Kenzie went, as Malikai expected, without a fight. She had realized she wouldn't stand a chance at the state she was in. The jolt had, once again, shaken her to her core, leaving her confused. She had always liked Malikai, though she lied through her teeth if anyone asked her about her feelings towards him. She lied to herself, telling herself she didn't like anyone. Malikai was far from the type of wolf she liked. He was too caring, too... popular. She had seen the jealous gazes that watched her as Malikai stood in front of her, saw the hatred in the she-wolves' eyes as his nose touched to hers. Saw the expression that said she wasn't good enough and didn't deserve him as she fought him last night. But deep down she wanted him. Lusted for him to want her back. He'd told her he liked her, it shocked her. A part of her said he was lying, messing with her head and her emotions. But even she couldn't deny the genuine look he had in his eyes as he said those words.

Malikai laid down next to her, keeping her close as she shook with exhaustion. He looked down at her, watching the rapid rise and fall of her chest as she breathed unevenly. He nuzzled her cheek with his nose and licked the top of her head, between her ears softly, trying to calm her. She jerked away involuntarily and Malikai's ears went flat against his head, feeling hurt. He mentally shook the feeling away, and pulled her back to him gently by the scruff, laying his head on her side to keep her from pulling away. Kenzie sighed, too tired and weak to argue and laid down, not completely relaxed, but relaxed enough to fall asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment/Rate/Message, banners? (: Tell me what you think(: Also, read my journal about this story, and do as I say on it? All it is is asking for your opinion and such on the story. (: Thanks for reading, guys. (:

OHKAIGO!