Life's a Lot Easier With Your Best Friend By Your Side

Moving in Has its Surprises

“You’ll never guess what?” I replied
“Lizzy?” he asked I rolled my eyes. You’d think the dumbass would check his caller ID before he answered the phone.
“Yes dumbass, now guess what”
“Your mom signed the papers and you have the kids and are coming to live with me?” He said and I could hear the hope in his voice.
“How the fuck did you know that?” I asked
“Because I say that every time you say guess what- wait do you mean your mom really did sign them?” He asked
“Yes dumb-dumb and I am packing clothes as soon as I get off the phone with you.” I replied smiling I could tell he was smiling too.
“Sweet, what about the rest of your stuff” He asked
“We’re getting it tomorrow when my mother leaves”
“Okay great I’ll see you when you get here love you Lizzy”
“Love you too Bri-Bri see you soon” I hung up my phone and started shoving clothes into my duffel bag, followed by my laptop and changers and an extra pair of chucks. I ran to my bath room and grabbed my meds. I don’t need to grab my shampoo and other bathroom shit because I have all of it at Brain’s house. I finished shoving things into my bag and walked to Lilly’s room and started putting her clothes and things into another bag. I then walked to Lisa room to see her staring at her stuffed animals (all of them Brian bought her).
“Whatcha doing baby?”
“I don’t know which one to bring with me” she turned to look at me then back at the animals
“Well just pick one you’re getting the rest tomorrow anyway” I crossed my arms. As her hand reached out and grabbed her teddy bear that says ‘Uncle Brian loves you’ yeah he got it personalized for her.
“Okay ready?” I asked as she put her bear in her bag and nodded.
I walked back to Lilly’s room and got her car seat out and picked her up to put her in it. She woke up as I was strapping her in but fell back asleep as soon as I was done.
“Come on Lisa” I called out grabbing mine and Lilly’s bag. Lisa came running out of her room and followed me down the steps. I looked to see where my mother was and she was passed out on the couch. I rolled my eyes and made my way outside and to my car.
“Ready?” I asked after strapping Lilly and Lisa into the car. Lisa nodded.
“Alright then were off” I said putting the car in drive and driving out of the drive way and away from that terrible place.
About 5 minutes later we had arrived at Brian’s rather large house. Wanna know why he bought such a big house if only he’s living in it? Well I’ll tell you it’s because he had wanted me and the kids to move in from the beginning so he made sure he had enough room for us as well.
So anyway I pulled in Brian’s driveway and low and behold Brian comes running out the door and tackles me in a hug as soon as I got out of the car.
“Nice to see you too” I said.
“Yes it is I’m just so happy” He said then kissed me on the lips. This was nothing new for me and no we’re not dating as much as I would like us too I doubt he sees me that way he’s my best friend.
“Uncle Brian!!!” Lisa yelled inside the car. Brian looked over at her and smiled before walking around the car and unbuckling her from her car seat.
“Did you miss me, squirt?” He asked and she nodded vigorously before attacking him in a hug.
“Bri-Bri when you get a minute get the pack ‘n play out of the trunk please” I said pulling Lilly’s car seat and mine and Lilly’s bag out of the car. Brian put Lisa down and she grabbed her bag as he grabbed the pack ‘n play out of the trunk and we all walked inside.
As soon as we got inside Lisa made a break for the stairs.
“Whoa, whoa slow down there your room will still be there.” I said to her and she slowed to a walk. We got upstairs and I walked into the room that would be Lilly’s and froze where I stood. The room was panted like a nursery and had a crib and everything. I turned to face Brian with tears in my eyes.
“When did you do this?” I asked looking up at him
“A couple of weeks ago when you got the papers” He replied rubbing the back of his neck. I put Lilly’s car seat down and jumped on him wrapping my legs around his waist and kissing him on the lips hard.
“Thank you, you have no idea how much this means to me.” I said getting off of him.
“Go see Lisa’s room I’ll put Lilly in her new crib.” He said picking up Lilly’s car seat and putting it on the changing table so he could take her out. I did as he said and went to check out Lisa’s room. It was painted like the ocean and had different fish all around it.
“Wow” I whispered.
“Isn’t it amazing I love it, don’t you?” Lisa asked looking up at me from where she was playing
“Yes baby, I love it.” I said turning around and walking back to Lilly’s room to find Brian. He was standing in the middle of the room holding Lilly and talking to her.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments please?