Don't Look Back

05

I woke up the next morning with the sun shining through my window. I looked over too my digital clock and it red in bright red 9:49am. I sighed and got up too take a shower. I was actually kind of glad I had my own bathroom, I wouldn’t have too wait for anyone. After (finally) taking a nice hot shower, I got dressed and headed out to the kitchen. As I entered, I saw Kobra Kid eating at one of the tables. I rolled my eyes and went too look in the cabinets.

“What are you doing?” I looked at him while he gave me a stern look.

“Looking for something too eat. Why, is it a crime for me too eat too?”

“I could make it a crime.”

“What’s your problem?”

“What do you mean?”

“You’re so fucking rude too me and you don’t even know me.” All he did was get up, put his bowl in the sink and walked away. What is with him? I know I’m right, he’s just being stubborn and mean. But why? What if he knew I worked for Better Living, but he can’t know. I’ve never seen the Fabulous Killjoys because my uncle never sent me on a mission for them.

As I was in deep in thought, a voice interrupted me.

“Good morning Steph!” Grace said as she sat at the counter.

“Good morning Grace.” I smiled at her as I kept looking for food too eat.

“Can you make me pancakes?”

“Sure. Where’s the mix?”

“Top left cabinet.” I grabbed the mix and began too cook for Grace and I. After I was finished, I make a stack for her and myself.

“These are so good. Where did you learn too cook so well?” Grace was taking large chunks of pancakes in her mouth. I laughed and lowered her hand before she took another huge bite.

“Okay number 1 slow and little bites, I don’t want you chocking. And number 2, my brother taught me. We taught each other.”

“Didn’t your mommy teach you how too cook?” I put my fork down. I looked at Grace with a serious face.

“I had no mom growing up.”

“No dad either?”

“Nope.”

“What happen? Did they die?”

“Oh no they didn’t die. They went off on their own, to protect my brother and I.”

“Protect you from what?” How the hell was I going to explain too a 10 year old girl I worked with the enemy?

“It’s actually kind of personal, I rather not talk about it if you don’t mind.”

“I don’t mind. That’s like Mikey and his story.”

“Well what’s Mikey’s story?”

“I rather not tell, he’ll tell you when he lightens up.” She laughed and took another bite of her pancake. “So, Gee told me you’re going too teach me how too shoot and other stuff right?!”

“You bet! Your first lesson is when you’re ready today!”

“I’m ready now!”

“Well okay then! Let me clean up and then we’ll begin!”

“YAY!” Grace popped down from the counter seat and ran towards the back. I didn’t know where she was going but I can tell she was pretty excited about all of this. I quickly cleaned up and waited towards the front for Grace. She came walking back soon enough. “Party wants us too practice in the backyard.”

“Okay let’s go.” I followed her too the backyard, which was really lots of open land filled with cacti and sand...and nothing else.

“Oh and here. I grabbed an extra ray gun for you.” Thank god they had extras, I left mine back with Derek.

“Thanks, I did need one. Now, we’re going too start with shooting, okay?”

“Okay!”

“What you want too do is point the gun at who or what you want too shoot. You also want to keep a steady hand; if you’re too shaky, you might loose focus and miss your target. Now, see that cacti all the way down there?”

“Yes.”

“Watch me shoot it and then you can try one that’s closer. Like that one.” I pointed too one not too far away. Grace was little, I didn’t want her too have too big of a challenge, yet.

“Okay.” I bent down on one knee and pointed the gun towards the cacti. I shoot it and it soon exploded into the little pieces. “That was SO COOL.”

“Why thank you miss.” I took a pretend bow while Grace laughed.

“Now my turn?”

“You bet. But I’m going too help you aim.” I got back down on one knee and straightened her arm. “Okay, aim now shoot!” She fired the gun and it hit the cacti.

“Wow...”

“What did you think?”

“I love being a Killjoy.” I laughed as we continued our lesson.

Later that night

It was around 11pm and I was not tired at all. I’ve been teaching Grace all day and I felt the need too stay up instead of sleep. Maybe a midnight snack would help? I got up from my bed and started walking towards the kitchen.

“I still don’t trust her.” I heard Mikey talking. I looked in and saw all the guys in the kitchen. I hid behind the wall leading into the kitchen and listened too them.

“And why is that?” Ray asked.

“I don’t know, I just don’t.”

“Listen Mikey, just because of what happened-”

“DON’T TALK ABOUT IT.”

“I’M NOT. Just because of what happened doesn’t mean you have too distrust everyone you just meet.”

“I know but she’s a girl and she reminds me...I can’t even think straight right now.”

“Look if we talk to her tomorrow, and I mean all of us, will you feel better?” Frank asked.

“I guess I would.”

“Alright so it’s settled, we’ll talk too her tomorrow. But Mikey please try too be nice.” Gerard stated walking towards him.

“Fine.” I heard him mumble.

I quickly ran back too my room and ran into my bed. What would I say too them? Great, now I have too lie? I can’t tell them I worked with Better Living, they will kick me out for sure and I won’t have no where else too go. I guess we’re just going to have to wait and see.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the lack of updates everyone; but please remember I have a life and school :) lol.

So ta da? What did you think? :)