Don't Look Back

06

It was around 2 in the afternoon. I was pacing back and forth in my room. What was I going to say to them? If I told them I worked for Better Living they would kill me right off the bat. I’m so scared. I know Kobra Kid will think all my answers will be a lie, which I know many of them will be. I don’t want to lie to the guys but I can’t tell the truth. What if I did tell them the truth though? Maybe they would accept me no matter what? Yeah, right.

I’m thinking too much. I sat down on my bed and sighed. What about Grace? I know she would be mad if she found out I was lying. This is all too much, maybe I should just leave. But where would I go? I have no where to go. That little hut I was staying at? Maybe everything is working again, or it could be gone by now.

There I go thinking too much again. I heard a crack coming from my door and jumped up.

“Whoa there, calm down just me.” Frank walked in and closed the door.

“Oh, yeah sorry. It’s just...yeah you just scared me.” I was getting nervous already and the questions haven’t even started yet.

“Well sorry about that. Look the guys and I wanna talk to you, is that okay?”

“Right now?”

“Yes. And please, mind you we’re just doing this so Mikey can shut the fuck up.” He laughed and I laughed back. Well, as long as it is to shut up Mikey...

“Okay, let’s go.” We walked out of my room too the front of the diner. Everyone was sitting at the counter.

“Stand behind the counter please?” Gerard asked. I nodded and walked behind it. Frank took a spot between Gerard and Mikey. I took a huge breath and spoke up.

“So, what’s up?”

“If you don’t mind. We would like to ask you a few questions.”

“Sure no problem.”

“Okay, what’s your full name?”

“Stephanie Rubano.”

“Age?”

“19.”

“Where were you on October 6th, 2008?” Mikey screamed.

“Wait...what?”

“Kobra, don’t get stupid now.” Ray said. I just smiled and tried not to laugh. Why the fuck would Mikey ask me that? I don’t even remember that day. “Anyway, now we want to get serious.”

“No problem.”

“Where are your parents?”

“My parents left my brother and I when we were young. They left to become Killjoys actually.” Well there’s one honest thing.

“Brother? You have a brother?” Frank asked.

“Yes, Derek. He’s 23.”

“Why did your parents leave you, if you don’t mind me asking?”

“They didn’t want to follow Better Living. They were more of leaders then followers. So they left us.”

“Well why didn’t they take you and Derek with them?”

“They didn’t want too risk our lives if they got caught, so they left us with our uncle?”

“Well where’s your uncle?” Oh you know, just Korse trying to kill you! No big deal!

“My uncle passed away about a week ago. That’s when I decided to go out on my own.”

“But why? I’m sure Derek misses you and I’m sure you had a house.”

“Well that’s it. You see...well..my uncle’s house...was invaded by Better Living! And he died. Derek was out for the day and I haven’t seen him since. My uncle actually knew they were going to attack....so....I packed my shit and left. I don’t want to go back because I’m afraid Better Living will come back for me when I have done nothing wrong.” Bam, there was the lie.

“Well how did your uncle know-”

“I know don’t he just did!” I screamed throwing my arms up in the air. They were asking way too many questions now.

“Whoa, okay...sorry.”

“No no it’s okay it’s just hard to talk about it.”

“I understand.”

“Is that all you need to know?” I asked.

“I think that’s it. If we have any more questions we’ll just ask okay?” Gerard asked.

“Yeah sure no problem. Am I free to go?”

“Yeah.” I walked back to my room and closed the door. I leaned on the door and slid my way down to the floor. That was so hard to do. Like I said, I did not want to lie to them. Now what? The more I ask the more I lie? I have build up this damn story, which sucks. Oh joy, I can’t wait.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is short I know. I'm sick so I decided to update because I'm bored.

I got my Kobra Kid jacket in the mail yesterday and I'm super happy with it :)

Thoughts? Leave a comment! :)