‹ Prequel: City Lights
Status: Active !

Tell Me That You Need Me Cause I Love You So Much

Busboy.

I had just gotten Nick to sleep. What the hell did Ricky give him? I’d never seen him act this hyper before. I started stroking his hair and I noticed something on his forehead. I moved his hair and started to look at it.

I took out my phone and flashed the light on it. Oh my god, it was a fucking bruise. I needed to talk to Ricky now. I got up and walked out of the room, trying to be quiet. Usually when Nick got up, he wouldn’t go back to sleep.

I dialled Ricky’s cell hoping he would answer.

“Hello?”

“Mind telling me why Nick has a huge bruise on his forehead?”

He was silent.

“I’m talking to you.”

“Don’t get mad but, uh, Chelsey dropped him earlier today.”

“What the fuck, Ricky? I fucking told you to keep Nick away from her!” I yelled into the phone.

I was beyond pissed off. Why did Ricky allow her to hold him? He knew how much I hated her.

Ricky and I started yelling at each other and calling each other every name in the book.

“Goodbye.”

I hung up the phone and started crying. Chelsey and I have been best friends for the longest time, back when I was living in Toronto of course. We first met at the age of 9 and been best friends up until 8 months ago. Once she moved to Scranton, she became a completely different person. She turned Chris, Josh, Ryan and Ricky against me by saying I’ve been shit talking behind their backs. I was still friends with Angelo and Violet. Right now they were the only friends I have at the moment.

Ashley and I made up but it wasn’t easy, I had to tell her everything bad I’ve ever said about her. She did the same but moved to Seattle 3 weeks into our friendship. We’ve kept in contact with each other but after a month, we just lost touch.

After crying for what seemed like an hour, a lump formed in my throat. Fuck I hated when that happened. I slipped 2 pills in my mouth and drank some water. I sat back and started thinking. Why the hell did life have to be so hard? My eyes began to close and soon I was asleep.

***

I was woken up to someone knocking at the door.

“Miss Taylors? Miss Taylors? It’s me, Judy.”

I got up to open the door for Judy. Judy was my neighbour and she was great. I opened the door and rubbed my eyes as the light beamed down on them.

“Miss Taylors? Sorry to bother you this late but your mail was in my mailbox again.” She said and smiled.

“Oh thank you Judy and please, call me Juliet.”

“You’re welcome dear. I’ll let you get some sleep now. Night hun.” She said and walked to her apartment.

“Good night Judy.”

I closed the door and opened the light. It was for me alright. I opened it up and I jumped for joy after reading the first sentence.

This letter that was mailed to Judy was a letter saying that I got the job at local diner. I read the letter a bit more and realized I started on Thursday, which was 2 days from now. Shit. I needed to find someone to look after Nick when I was gone. But I’d figure all that out in the morning.

***

“It’s okay, Mrs. Andrews. I understand. Have a good day.” I hung up the phone and rested my head on the table.

It was hopeless. Nobody was going to be able to watch Nick.

“Juliet!”

That was it; I’d ask Judy if she could watch him for me. She never turned me down when ever I asked for favours.

“Hello Judy.” I smiled.

“Look at you. I haven’t seen you this happy in a long time honey. Whys that?” she asked.

I let her in and she sat at the table and I started to make some coffee.

“You know that letter you got last night? Well that letter said that I got the job at that diner. You know the 1, 15 minutes from here?”

“I’m so happy for you.” She said and smiled. “If you don’t have anyone to watch Nick, I could watch him for you.”

“I was just going to ask you about that. Thank you Judy, you’ve made my life easier.”

“No problem hun.”

I poured Judy a cup of coffee and we talked. Judy was in her 50s and she was the first person I met when I first moved to this apartment. I told Judy everything that was going on. She was never nosy or anything. But she lived by herself because her husband, Greg, passed away 3 months after I moved here. Greg was a nice guy and she took his death hard but she was alright now.

“Well you bring little Nicholas over when you leave, alright?”

“I will. Thank you so much.”

She walked out the door and I went to go check up on Nick. He was just playing in his play pen like always. I smiled down at him and went into my room to do some laundry. I always had to bring Nick with me when I did laundry but it wasn’t easy. You see I was on the 7th floor and it was torture walking up and down the stairs.

&&&

“Have a good time at work today.”

“Thank you.”

It was my first day of work and I was excited. I would be getting paid and I wouldn’t have to depend on other people’s money like I always did. It was hot out so I wore something suitable.

It was like the morning of Christmas, opening presents. Well this was mine, working. I didn’t have a car so I walked, at least I was in shape or I would have died. The entire way I was smiling to myself.

The building came into view, growing and growing as I got closer. I took a deep breath, taking in the summer air and the smell of pancakes. I walked inside and headed straight to the back.

“Can I help you?” a lady asked.

“I’m here to see Josey.” I replied.

“Juliet Taylors?” she asked.

I nodded my head and she took me to the back. I walked into Josey’s office and she looked up and smiled at me.

“It’s good to see you again Juliet.” She said.

I sat down and she began telling me all the standard stuff.

“So for now, bus boy.”

I nodded my head and walked outside. The lady that greeted me had a apron and I took it from her.

“So I’ll just show you what to do then you’ll go from there. Oh and my name’s Robin.”

“Thanks and I’m Juliet.”

I studied what Robin was doing and started working.

“I’ll check up on you in a bit.”

“Okay.”

I started cleaning the dishes and looked around. It wasn’t to crowded and it was nice. I liked the atmosphere here, the people were nice and I could tell the customers were also friendly.

I looked at the clock and it was only 10:29, my shift didn’t end until 4 so it was still far away. But I wasn’t complaining. I watched some more of the people and that’s when I saw him.

This guy was breath taking. I watched him and he sat in the corner. A few seconds later another guy joined him. He looked around but stopped when he saw me staring at him. I quickly looked away, feeling embarrassed.

Now wasn’t the time to be awing at guys. I needed to focus on Nick and myself but I couldn’t help myself. Every now and then I’d look over to the guy and he would be looking back at me.

“How are you holding up?” Robin asked.

“What? Oh I’m good.” I said and smiled.

“Okay.” She said and walked away.

I took 1 more glimpse at the guy saw that he was walking in my direction. Great. He was probably going to get mad at me for staring at him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I liked writing this chapter, it wasn't as sad as the last 2.

This is what Juliet wore to work.

Leave a comment?