Sequel: Yesterday's Feelings

I Woke Up in a Car

12

You should come for a visit.” The text from John read. I'd been texting back and forth with John most of the night at this party. We were at a premiere for some show, Eric wasn't in it but several of the Lib Tech team riders were so Eric attended to show his mutual support for them, which was great. It also meant I was forced to get all dolled up.

I was the only girl this time on Eric's arm tonight and I was dressed up in heels and my pink and zebra dress. I was sure I was overdressed but I was assured by Eric that I was doing fine. I was nervous as I ushered him in through the red carpet. Once inside Eric went to get me a drink, leaving me to my own device when I felt a nudge at my side.

“You look pretty amazing.” The voice said, leaning down to my ear.

I looked up to see John. I threw my arms around him in excitement, “Oh my god, I didn't know you were going to be here!” I said.

John shrugged a little, “Well, I didn't have a lot going on tonight and I thought I'd come check out the movie. You really do look amazing.” John said a he took my hand and twirled me a little. He was checking me out, but I didn't care.

I was blushing real bad. I was a little thankful when Eric came back with a soda for me. Since I didn't drink, I stuck to non-alcoholic beverages all night long. Eric hugged John, “I'm glad you came man.” Eric said.

John nodded, “and miss this man? No way... Plus, Ari in a dress, smokin'.” John said winking at me.

I smiled and looked down into my drink before looking at Eric who was shooting John dirty looks, “Dude.. really?” Eric asked.

I bit my lip, “Come on, play nice.” I said, my voice a little tense, “Besides, I'm nothing special.” I said, heading for the auditorium. I always felt odd when they started to fight over me, of all people, me.

Eric and John followed, we picked spots in the auditorium in VIP, John and Eric on either side of me. They started by introducing the riders in the movie and then showing the movie, which was incredible in and of itself. I was blown away by the risks these guys take with their lives. I mean, I had seen Eric do it in person and it was heart stopping and all but this made what Eric did look like childs play.

After the movie was over everyone headed out and I was worried that they would ask for ID however I was so tiny and there was such a big group of riders that they just put me in the middle and I was all but forgotten. Easy as pie. We headed to a section in VIP and everyone was hugging everyone, congratulating them on the movie. I took a seat next to some other girls and ordered just a cranberry juice.

One of the girls turned to me, she swayed the cosmo in her hand and talked to me, “Who are you with?” She asked.

I looked at her confused, brows furrowed together, “Uh I'm Eric's personal assistant.” I said, confused if that was the answer she was looking for.

The blonde leaned over to her brunette friend and whispered in her ear before turning back to me, “Oh, yeah, all the boys have “Personal Assistants”.” she said using the air quotes with her hand. “We saw you at the movie, you are dressed way too nice to be a personal assistant.”

I wrinkled my nose and looked at them as the waitress returned with our drinks, “You know, not everyone is sleeping with who they're here with.” I said, shrugging and turning away from them just as John came over.

John smiled at the ladies, “Hi ladies.” he said to them. John turned his attention to me as the girls started giggling amongst themselves, “Do you wanna go dance?” John asked.

I looked at the girls who were looking at me. I looked back at John, “I'd like that.” I said taking John's outstretched hand. John led the way to the dance floor, bypassing Eric who was standing and talking to another Lib Tech teammate.

Eric caught us walking by, “Where you goin'?” He shouted.

“Dancing! We'll be back.” I shouted, following John out of the VIP area.

John led me down to the dance floor. He was so much taller than me, heck, even Eric was taller than me, but not by much. John was nearly six-foot tall. I was nervous as I danced with him, I could feel eyes on us, on me. I looked up and could see Eric watching us from VIP. It made me nervous.

John's arm wrapped around me and pulled me close to him. I looked up and smiled a little, “You okay?” He asked me, watching me.

I gave a nod as I closed my eyes and just started moving my body to the beat, slow at first, “Yeah, just never been in a club really before. Just only homecoming when I was in school.” I said, “And no one ever danced.”

John smiled, leaning down to talk in my ear as we danced, his body against mine, “I forgot how young you are.” John chuckled, “It's been a long time since high school.” John grinned, “It's cute.”

I turned to face John as we continued to dance on the floor for a few songs. I only stopped because I was getting hot, sweaty, and had to pee. I headed to the bathroom as John headed up to VIP. I walked in and saw the girls from earlier in there talking.

“Oh my god, did you see her?” One said.

“Eric's 'Personal Assistant'..” the other asked.

“Did you see the way she acted when John came over to talk to her?”

“Oh, you mean the way she just took off with John like Eric wasn't even there? What a bitch. If I was him I wouldn't even bother with her anyways.”

“Really,” the first one that spoke paused, “Both of them could do far much better.”

I bit my lip but put on a stone face as I exited the stall and washed my hands. I wasn't about to play fucking politics and agendas with these girls. I didn't even know them and my situation had absolutely nothing to do with them.

I exited the bathroom and headed back for VIP. I was upset, and visibly so, almost to the verge of tears. Eric caught me on the way in, hand reaching for my arm, “How was dancing?” Eric asked. He looked me over, his face softening, “Are you okay?”

I shook my head, “No. I'm.. I'm going to go, I'll get a cab.” I said, biting my lip as I looked at him, pulling my arm from him a little. Eric let go of my arm and let me grab my things near John. John didn't really pay me no mind as I grabbed my things in a hurry, he was talking to another rider and they were engrossed in conversation.

I made a bee-line for the door but what I didn't realize was that Eric had followed me. “Hey.” He said, once we were outside. “You wanna talk?” He asked.

I looked out towards the road, cars driving past, looking for a sign of a taxi. I looked at Eric and then at the street. I headed closer to him and then started walking toward the parking lot of the club, “Do you realize that people think I'm sleeping with you?” I asked.

Eric ran his hands over his face, “Who told you that?” He asked, “Some.. some drunk girl?” He sighed.

I nodded a little and pushed my hand through my hair, “Look, I don't.. I don't want that reputation.”

Eric sighed, “Every girl in this business hears it from someone that they're sleeping with someone else regardless of whether it's true or not. It's nothing to take to heart.”

“That's easy for you to say Eric. You're not the one peeing in the bathroom and having to listen to other girls analyze your working relationship and friendships.” I said, my voice raising, “All you men do when one hears you nail some chick is fist-bump each other like it's some celebration.”

“So you're mad at me for what some girl in the bathroom said?!” Eric asked, making a face.

“Where'd she hear it then? You could always say no, that you didn't. That I'm not that way and that you gave me this job out of the goodness of your heart.” I shook my head as John came out and started coming near.

“What do you want me to Ari?” Eric asked, “Want me to take it all back? I would if I could but it's too late for that now.” Eric said, “I'm sorry!”

I shook my head in frustration, “No. Do nothing. Please, Continue to do nothing Eric. You haven't done anything this far.” I shouted, heading away from Eric, starting to walk down the street, just as John arrived.

“I haven't done anything? I gave you a place to stay when you didn't have one. I gave you a job. I haven't done anything?!” Eric asked, shouting, “I want you out of my house!” He shouted, with my back turned to him.

I was hurt and frustrated. How could Eric just.. perpetuate this. It didn't seem like him, at all. I stopped at the corner and started sobbing, my hands in my face, screaming in frustration. Before long I felt a hand on my shoulder, “Hey.” John's voice said, calm, quiet, soothing.

I couldn't even bear to look at John I was so embarrassed. I was a mess, sobbing and crying. This was no way to see me, “Go away. Please.”

“No.” John said stubbornly as he turned me, pulling me close and hugging me tight. “Those girls ain't shit you know. They're just jealous.” John said, kissing the top of my head. “How are you getting back to your hotel?”

I shrugged, “I don't know I'll take a taxi.” I said, wiping at my eyes, sniffling.

“Nonsense, I'll take you back.” John said.

I shook my head, “John that's silly. I can take a taxi.”

Before I knew it, John was leading me to his car. He took me back towards the hotel where Eric and I were staying. It was a quiet ride. I was still upset at Eric and the whole situation. I sighed as I headed in to the hotel John insisted on following me to my hotel room, to make sure I was okay.

We took the elevator to the fifth floor, I stepped out and headed to my room. 508. I put the key in and sighed. I had to now find somewhere else to live and in a hurry. I wasn't even sure if Eric would tell his management company, who would fucking know.

I turned around as John stood in the doorway, “Thanks.” I said quietly, my voice starting to get hoarse. I leaned up to kiss the older man's cheek, “For bringing me back here.”

John smiled, “You're welcome. Any time.” He said, leaning down to kiss my cheek.

I blushed, deep red. Maybe I'd been spending too much time with Eric. Maybe it would be good for me to get away for a while, “Um, You uh, you know how you said that if I needed a vacation, I could stay with you for a few days.” I paused, “Does that offer still stand?”

John smiled and nodded, “Hell yeah it does. You're welcome to come hang with me for a while.”

I reached up and wrapped my arms around John, the older man. I guess if I was out of Eric's home, not working for him, I could spend time with John. We weren't off limits anymore, especially if I wasn't obligated to Eric anymore. A few days away, to give us time to cool would be good anyways.

I bit my lip as I pulled back from John, “Would you like to stay with me tonight?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Sold My Soul by The Used

As always, Red & Review!

Happy Frends Day, enjoy and go spend some quality time with your Frends!