‹ Prequel: Irresistible Player
Status: Finished One-shot For Contest

Without Love

Part 3/3: Days without him

“Melissa,” I listened to my voice mail. It was Keith once again. I stared straight ahead as I slowly sunk into my soft bed. “Please, talk to me. I really did mean it.” I held my head between my hands. Slowly, tears began to fall from my eyes again. I didn't know whether to believe him or not. I wrapped my arms around myself as a fist rapped against my apartment door.

“Melissa…” My name floated to me from the other side of the door. His voice was broken. He was worried and angry as he kept knocking. “I know you're in there.”

I wanted to talk to him, I had to sort things out but I wasn’t ready. I loved him so much and it hurt me that we were like that but what could I possibly do? He was drunk that night, how could I believe him? What if he regrets it later? Both of us will be hurt even more. Besides it wasn’t like he told me he loved me.

I had to put an end to this right now. We were just friends, best friends. He was drunk so it was like nothing actually happened. We’ll both forget about it and everything will be back to how it used to be. Yeah, that was what I had in mind to do. I slowly got to my feet and opened the door. All of a sudden Keith's lips were on mine.

“ I really do love you.” He said and my eyes widened. I couldn’t believe what I heard.

‘’What did you just say?’’ I asked but it sounded like a whisper.

‘’I really am in love with you.’’ He said and his words sounded true to me. I could tell they were because his eyes began to water as he kissed me again. ‘’I’m not kidding…’’ He added. If this is a dream, I didn’t want to wake up. I wanted to keep on dreaming…forever and ever.

“I love you too, I always had.” My voice was barely audible as I hugged him. Tears of happiness were on my cheeks as he gently picked me up. I felt my self being spun through the air and my breath hitch as he kissed me on the forehead. I smiled down at him with my feet around his waist.

“Seven days without you were a living hell!” He honestly said to me and I smiled at him.

‘’You know… Seven days without love makes one weak.’’ I said and connected our lips in a soft, loving kiss. He smiled down at me as he waltzed me through my door. He was finally mine, we were together and that was all that mattered to me at that time.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you like the new version better. XD