Saving Darcy

#13

Zacky had got a blanket and slept on top of the bed covers, while Darcy got underneath them. She was still trembling and could no longer hold in the sobs when she thought Zacky was asleep. Her whole world was crashing down around her, and there was nothing she could do to stop any part of the abuse. It was mentally torturing her.

“Are you okay?” Zacky whispered, feeling the bed tremble every so often.

Darcy sucked in courage to answer him, “Y-Yeah I'm fine.”

She felt the bed move and peered over her shoulder to see Zacky leaning against her elbow and staring down at her. She thought, for a moment she felt her heart speed up.

“Are you telling me the truth? About not knowing that guy?”

Darcy was a terrible liar, and she knew it. She nodded slowly, “Honestly I didn't.”

“Then how come he had a key to the house?”

She froze. Fuck. How did he know about that? God he was observant, “I- He had a key?”

“Don't play dumb.” He spat, his tone suddenly angry. He stared down at her shifting his eyes from her face to his feet. She felt sick, she was stuck. But then again, she could tell him half a truth... Maybe if she just forced it out in one long sentence.

“My dad hits me. He's gone away for a couple of months, he probably got one of his freak friends to come and get me instead.” She squeaked, finding it hard to finish the sentence.

Whatever anger he had in his face dropped completely while he watched a single tear roll down her cheek. Without hesitation he wrapped an arm around her and pulled her against his chest, hearing her gentle sobs. His t-shirt began to get damp, but it didn't really bother him. How could someone hit his own daughter?

“I swear to you sweetheart he isn't going to touch you, ever again.”

She nodded but didn't answer him, she couldn't she was too upset. She had finally told someone. It felt good but, at the same time she knew nothing good would come out of it. What could Zacky do to save her? Keep her locked up in his house for the rest of her life? But right now, being him his arms was good enough for her.

Zacky was lost for words. He just didn't know what to do. Although it didn't come to a shock to him, he felt like she was his responsibly, he felt like he had to look after her, even though he barely knew her. He had always thought a mans daughter would be the most precious thing to them, they should want to protect them from being hurt not be the cause of it. It sickened him.

“What do I do Zack?” She asked between sobs, her fingers tangling in his shirt.

He inhaled deeply bringing a hand up and rubbing her hair, “I'll figure it out, don't worry.”
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY :3 Zacky is adorable.