Status: Complete :)

Call My Name and Save Me From the Dark

Hallow Bastion: Part One

The next few days were pretty boring, but for some reason I felt guiltier and emptier and ever, which was weird cause before I got kidnapped by Hades, only for a short while until Maleficent forced me to work for her, this was how I lived, barely talking to anyone, if anyone at all.

Cloud wasn’t around much anymore; he was busy with his own problems of his own. His darkness from what I gathered. He told me a bit about it once. One day, he would be rid of the darkness in his heart. The only way he could get rid of it was defeating Sephiroth. A few weeks later he was gone, but I knew he would be okay.

I was wondering around Traverse Town, finding myself not too afraid to show my face anymore. I got a few glares, but I didn’t mind them. I was headed to my secret spot on a rooftop over the Accessory Shop run by Cid, when I saw Sora and his friends begin to walk by. I quickly ran into the alley a few ways off. I huffed and puffed, thinking I had lost them, but they were right behind me.

“Hey, wait! Weren’t you with Maleficent?” Sora asked me, after grabbing my arm to make sure I didn’t leave.

“I was, but not anymore. She…had control over me.” I replied, quietly looking down.

“I believe you.” I widened my eyes while Donald alternated between glaring at me and Sora.

“How can you believe her? She could be lying right now and it could be a trap!” Donald squawked. Donald really is annoying, but does have a valid point…

“Come on Donald, lighten up. She’s telling the truth. Just look at her eyes.”

“My eyes?”

“When Maleficent had you hypnotized, your eyes were really dark, basically black. But now they're brighter, blue. Like an old friend of mine....”Sora trailed off in his own thought, in deep thought. I misjudged these guys. Partly the hag's fault, but Sora doesn’t seem so bad.

Sora paused, deep in thought, and then continued, “You should come with us!”

“What?” not only heard from me, but from Donald, too.

“Well yeah, the more the merrier. Don’t you guys agree?”

“Well shucks Sora, I think that’s a great idea!” Goofy exclaimed. Donald was death glaring me.

“I don’t think we should trust her, after all he did work for Maleficent.” Donald quacked.

“Well I trust her, if that counts for anything,” said a female. She had on a loose, lilac belt around her waist with black string tied into a bow on it over her pink dress with a magenta lining, buttons going down the front, except for the last two. She had a piece of black string tied around her neck, much like the one around mine. She has green eyes with brown hair styled into three braids; two short ones on either side of her head and one long one in the back, the latter sporting a red bow, bangs framing her face with brown boots to finish it off. I learned her name was Aerith. Apparently she knows Cloud really well; Aerith blushed slightly at just at the mere mention of him. But I don’t think he feels the same way, seeing as he never mentioned her ever. I met the rest of the Traverse Town gang and learned a bit of how their home looked like. It kind of reminded me of what Hollow Bastion looks like… I wonder why.
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
A few days later, Sora and his pals went off to go check on some previous worlds they visited before returning. I took that time to just walk around town and think. Leon has been encouraging me to join Sora and his friends, but I think that would be too hard. When Sora returned he begged me, literally got on his knees, asking me to join him and his friends to save Kairi and Riku. I didn’t want to, but how can you say no to his puppy dog pout, where did he learn that pout from?
We stocked up more on supplies and headed off to Hollow Bastion. On our way, I was in my own little world; I seem to go there a lot lately. What would Riku do when he saw me? Punch me into oblivion? Ignore me like I never existed? Kiss me until my lips…whoa wait a minute. What kinda of thought was that????
We finally got off the ship hours later, and I do mean hours with how often Sora had to go potty in flight. We finally got off the ship, I immediately felt uncomfortable, thinking about what happened the last time I was here…
“Gawrsh, look at that!” Goofy exclaimed, thankfully stopping my thoughts. He was pointing at everything.

“I know this place...” Sora mumbled, but we all heard him.

“Hmm, that’s strange.” Goofy and I said at the same time. I thought I was the only one in this group who’s been here before.

“I wonder why... I feel this warmth inside, right here.” Sora placed his hand over his heart, sighing.

“Aw. You’re just hungry.” Donald said, for once I agreed, but not fully.

“Hey, I’m serious!” a great roar was heard a few hundred feet away so we quickly ran over to see what it was. We saw this big beast, who we later learned is Beast, nor seriously that’s his name, lame right, and the big idiot himself, Riku.

“No vessel, no help from the Heartless... So tell me, how’d you get here?” Riku asked, smugly. Nice to know he isn’t prideful at all.

“I simply believed. Nothing more to it. When our world fell into darkness, Belle was taken from me. I vowed I would find her again no matter what the cost. I believed I would find her. So, here I am. She must be here. I will have her back!” Beast roared at Riku.

“Take her if you can.” Riku tempted, Beast ran over to attack but Riku quickly evaded him and counterattacked, injuring him to fall on the ground.

“Stop!” Sora yelled as he got in front of Beast, I leaned over Beast’s body to help heal him with the cure spell I learned before getting here, again, from Aerith.

“So, you finally made it. About time. I’ve been waiting for you. We’ve always been rivals, haven’t we? You’ve always pushed me as I’ve always pushed you.” Riku kept his gaze on Sora, glaring even, and ignoring me. So that’s how it is…

“Riku...” Sora looked, sorry. I couldn’t blame him. I mean they are, or were, best friends, but now enemies.

“But it all ends here. There can’t be two Keyblade masters.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Let the Keyblade choose...its true master.” Sora’s Keyblade disappeared from his hands, ending up in Riku’s. Goofy and Donald showed shock on their faces. The only ones not in shock was Riku and Beast. “Maleficent was right. You don’t have what it takes to save Kairi. It’s up to me. Only the Keyblade master can open the secret door...and change the world.”

“But that’s impossible. How did this happen? I’m the one who fought my way here with the Keyblade!” Sora argued.

“You were just the delivery boy. Sorry, your part’s over now. Here, go play hero with this.” Riku mocked and tossed a wooden sword next to Sora and quickly left. I scooted over to Sora as he knelt on the ground, suddenly overcome with disappointment.

“Goofy. Let’s go. We have to remember our mission.” Donald muttered, sadly, getting up to follow Riku.

“Oh! Well, I know the king told us to follow the key and all... But...” Goofy hesitated, but reluctantly followed Donald anyway.

“Sora, Hikari, sorry.” Donald told us before both him and Goofy left with Riku.

We looked back over to Beast, to see him still moaning. Even though I healed most of his wounds, I ran out of magic before I could take all the pain away. ”Hey, don’t move. You’re hurt.” Sora said, caringly, but still with a hint of sadness from being betrayed by his so called best friend.

“Why... Why did you...you come here? I came to fight for Belle. And though I am on my own, I will fight. I won’t leave without her. That’s why I’m here.” Beast said, trying to get up with our help. I handed him a potion while Sora got up to get his wooden sword, which we would learn is completely worthless against heartless.

“Me too. I’m not gonna give up now. I came here to find someone very important to me.” Sora said, and we joined Beast on his quest. “I’m surprised you didn’t go with the others though Hikari.”

“Well as much fun as it would be getting Riku’s baggy pants in a bunch, you need all the help you can get.” I said, smiling. “Though I’m not sure how much help I can get seeing as I don’t have any weapon.”

“That’s okay. I’m glad I have a friend like you.” Sora said, smiling. We headed off, and I was smiling, like I hadn’t smiled since my family died. I had a…friend. And it felt real nice.