One More Piece of the Puzzle...

Prologue

WGN - Chicago’s daily news channel reports.
June 23rd 2008

“Reports claim a high number of killings are ravaging New York City, we sent our chief reporter James Harrington for the details. What do you have for us James?”
The scene behind the reporter is a beautiful New York park, behind it is visible chaos, the cameras resist from zooming to catch it. Harrington is the centre shot.
“Thank you Jeanne, as you can see we are keeping our distance as we report to you today. The local authorities from the NYPD have said New York is bordering an epidemic. ‘People are dropping like rats and our forces are struggling to cope’ – the exact words of Detective Steven Godding. It seems it will be a while before the police are able to assume a correct identification of the killer, we can report they are all hands down on this particular case and remind us that the worst hit areas are the boroughs of Queens and Brooklyn. Though Manhattan has seen two killings which tie with the case, police say it is possibly a copy-cat killing. Still, citizens and visitors are advised to keep distance and walk in groups..”
“Thank you James, now for a couple of questions.”
“Certainly.”
“Is there anything specific about the killings.”
“Detective Godding told me that the killings were brutal, possibly ritualistic but he cannot be sure of the latter. The only continual sign is the mutilation of the bodies, little was found and in more than one circumstance, crime scene units found the victims hands, feet or even arms, legs or head several blocks away.”
“I’m sure they found that rather unnerving. How are the citizens of New York acting?”
“They’re taking it rather well considering. Most are attempting to keep a normal life, though schools and some places of work have been confirmed closed until the killer is detained. Despite NYPD efforts, that could be sometime yet.”