Status: Will try to write as often as I can

The Love of a Slytherin Prince

Chapter Three

Chapter Three

“Get her!” Harry screamed at the guys who were chasing after Erin. She had the quaffle and was zooming towards the tallest goal post at the other end of the pitch. “You call that flying?”

“Come on, mate it’s not their fault that they’re being beat by a girl. Erin’s just that good”, Ron laughed still feeling the euphoria at being named keeper. He watched as the person who guarded the goal posts sweat in anticipation. Erin was flying at the speed of light towards him. She threw the ball with amazing speed and accuracy and watched as it flew through the goal post.

“And she scores!” Erin yelled as she threw her hands up in the air. She touched back down on the ground and dismounted her broom before going into the locker room to change. As she was pulling her Gryffindor sweater over her head Harry walked in.

“You were really good out there, Erin, it’s like you’ve never stepped off the pitch. You’ll be excellent this season”, he smiled.

“Thanks, Harry. I’m gonna go, I promised Dad I’d write him about try-outs.” She waved goodbye before running to the owlrey with her bookbag.

◊◊◊◊◊◊
Erin had just finished sealing her letter when she heard someone traipsing up the stairs. It was Draco. With rosy cheeks she turned away to tie the letter to her owl’s, Eyesis, leg. Some might say “Shouldn’t that be spelled Isis?” But Erin would always have to explain that she spelled it that way because of the eye-shaped dots on the owl’s feathers.

“Hello, Erin.”

She turned around and smiled. “Hello, Draco, what are you doing here?”

He held up a sealed envelope in answer. She blushed again. Wow you’re stupid, Erin, what else would he be doing here? Looking for you? HA! I think not!

“The Hogsmeade trip is coming up soon, I was wondering if you had plans that weekend?” He asked lowly.

Is he asking me out? Oh please let him be asking me out! “Um, no plans that I know of; just some early Christmas shopping, supplies, sweets, and maybe a butter beer or two with Hermione and Ron.”

“Well, um, would you like to go with me?” Draco had been staring at his feet but finally looked up. She gasped as she locked eyes with his beautiful grey ones. She had never seen eyes so beautiful, so hypnotizing.

“I’d like that.” She smiled.

The left side of his mouth lifted up into that smirk she loved so much. He nodded before taking off down the stairs, forgetting that he still had his letter in his hand.

Erin smiled to herself and waited a minute before following after. She walked into the Great Hall with a huge smile on her face.

“What are you so happy about”, Ron asked.

Erin just smiled and said, “Oh, nothing.”

Hermione smiled with a knowing glint in her eye. She is so in love! But with who?

◊◊◊◊◊◊
“I hope Harry lets up on practices, they’re killing me”, a third year boy complained.

“I’ve got homework to catch up on”, said a second year girl.

“Look, if you didn’t want to be here, then you shouldn’t have showed up at try-outs. Harry is just trying to make us a good team, I’m sore too, and I take more classes then you, but I still get my work done and come to practice. So can you!” Erin scolded.

Hermione smirked, “Newbies!” she sat down at the window next to Erin and began working on her transfiguration paper. “I’m almost done”, she yawned.

“Yeah, me too, I’m doing my potions paper.”

“It wasn’t bad”, Hermione commented. Erin could tell that there was something Hermione wanted to talk about. “What is it you want to talk about, Mione?”

“Who is it?”

Erin paused in her essay. Oh shit!

“Come on, you can tell me, Erin. Who is he?”

“Um, I honestly can’t tell you, but I’ll let you meet him at our first visit to Hogsmeade, he’s taking me on a date.”

Hermione smiled, “Yay, I can’t wait!”

“Me either”, Erin mumbled. “It’ll be a scream.” Erin worked silently at her paper while Hermione hummed happily.

◊◊◊◊◊◊
After three weeks of four practices a week it was time for the first Quidditch game. Erin tied her hair back into a ponytail while Harry gave the team a pep talk. She tuned most of it out. She wanted to get focused and hearing Harry Potter’s voice was not helping. She snapped out if it when someone called her name. “Huh?”

“Erin, come on, it’s time to go”, Ron smiled.

She mounted her broom and flew out on the pitch and got set. The whistle blew and the game was on!

◊◊◊◊◊◊
“Oh my God!” shouted Ron. “That was bloody brilliant!” The Gryffindor house had a lot to celebrate. They beat Slytherin again! Hermione ran to Ron and gave him a passionate, celebratory kiss on the lips. Of course Harry and Ginny were making out. Erin picked up her broom and trudged up to the common room. She had been up in her room for at least half an hour and had a nice shower before she heard shouts from the Gryffindor common room. I guess they’re going to be partying.

Erin grabbed her bookbag and made her way to the owlrey. She sat down by the window and began writing home. As her quill danced across the parchment, she fingered the necklace that hung from her neck; feeling the grooves that made up the dragon claw’s scales.

She heard someone coming up the stairs. Thinking it was Draco, Erin began fixing her hair and making sure her outfit, red skinny jeans, a Paramore shirt, and a black blazer, looked okay. Her heart fell when she saw Harry come walking around the corner.

“What the hell are you doing here”, she asked icily.

“I’m mailing a letter”, Harry said in a duh tone. “Remus sent me a letter and I was supposed to have already sent it but got sidetracked.”

“Yeah, sidetracked by Ginny’s tongue down your throat”, Erin mumbled under her breath.

“Erin, what is your problem?” Harry snapped.

“My problem is you! You go around dangling your girlfriend in front of me and trying to act like nothing happened between us during the war! Harry we slept together, I gave you something I’m never getting back, and all you can do is dry hump Ginny right in front of me!”

Erin did not know she was crying until Harry came towards her and wiped her tears, gently from her face. “I’m sorry, Erin. I should have thought about how you were feeling.” He tried to put his arms around her but she shoved him. “Don’t Harry!”

“Erin.” Before she could back away from him he throws himself at her and his mouth smashes into hers. She tries to reject him, but who is she kidding, she wants this just as bad. Erin kissed him back and relished in the feel of his lips molding with hers. She didn’t know how long they sat there kissing, but she heard someone walking up the stairs. Erin pushed Harry away.

“You have a girlfriend, Harry. I can’t do this. I refuse to be the other woman. Leave me alone, unless you want me.” She pushed past him just in time to come face to face with Draco.

“Hey, Erin.” He looked at the person behind me, “Potter. Is he giving you any trouble?”

“Yeah”, she turned around and glared at him, “he is.” Erin walked past them both and made her way back to the common room for a good night’s rest. Tomorrow is the first Hogsmeade trip of the year and she didn’t want to look like the walking dead on her date with Draco.