Status: Complete. Thank you for reading. :)

Accidental Addiction

Matt & Allison (The Final Round)

“Until you’re both dead? What does that mean?” Brian asked curiously from behind Matt and I. I pulled away from Matt, and looked at Brian.

“It’s nothing.” I said quietly.

“Allison, both of your parents have been killed within an hour of each other, and now you and Matt are hanging onto each other for dear life and I just heard you say, ‘He’s not going to stop this until we’re both dead’. Who’s not going to stop what?” Brian asked, and I looked up at Matt.

“Should we tell him?” Matt asked, and I hesitantly nodded. Steven’s already got his hit list written, and once he’s written it, he doesn’t change it. Brian will be okay.

“There’s a man after me.” I looked back at Brian as Matt put his arm around my waist. “His name’s Steven Grim. We go back, how I met him, and why he’s after me is a whole other story. He’s got this thing that he does when someone’s done him wrong; stabbed him in the back and fucked him over. In this case,” I sighed. “That person’s me. He starts with close friends, then moves onto family, then goes in for the kill.”

“Wait, he kills them?” Brian asked, his voice becoming strained, and I nodded sadly.

“Jimmy, my mom, my dad…it’s all his doings. He likes to cause people personal pain; the kind of pain that will drive them insane, get them to beg him to kill them.” I said quietly, feeling tears stinging my eyes when I thought of Jimmy. My parents, I were never that close to them; hell, I haven’t seen them in four years, but Jimmy…Jimmy had become a very close friend.

“He…he was the one who killed Jimmy?” Brian’s voice cracked, and Matt nodded.

“Technically it wasn’t him, it was one of the people he’s hired.” Matt said, and I leaned into his side as Brian took a deep breath and run a hand through his hair as he sat back down on the couch.

“So he’s going to kill you guys too?” Brian asked, and I just looked over at him, then down at the floor. “Oh god…” Brian trailed off. “Isn’t there a way to get him to stop? Can’t you guys move to Canada or something and ditch him?”

“He’ll still find us.” I said, leaning into Matt’s side.

“Wait, why can’t we just call the cops?”

“He’s an officer, they’ll believe him before they believe us.” Matt said quietly, and Brian stood up, and walked over to the door.

“Where are you going?” I asked, and Brian turned to us, smiling slightly.

“Both of you stay right here, don’t let anyone in. I know some people who can help.” Before Matt and I could ask any more questions, he left.

“Wonder what that was about?” Matt looked at me as I pulled away and went over and sat down on the couch.

“I don’t know, but it can’t hurt but to at least try and help.” I said and Matt sat down beside me.

“I still can’t believe everything that’s happened today.” Matt said, and I nodded.

“You know, the last thing I told my parents in person was that I hoped they rotted in hell.” I felt the tears in my eyes. “Then the next morning I woke them both up, packed my things told them both that I fucking hated them, and then left. Right in front of their eyes and they couldn’t do anything to stop me.” I just shook my head at the memory. Actually, it was more like a stain. A horrible, ugly stain in my mind that I couldn’t get out. In less than a month my whole family was dead. My brother got killed overseas, and then my father got thrown through a glass window, and my mother was found unresponsive, and then pronounced dead when the paramedics arrived. I was glad I didn’t wake my brother up the morning I left, because I hadn’t talked to him since the day before that, and I would have probably told him something I’d regret. “I never wanted things to end like this.” I whispered, and Matt wrapped an arm around me, and I wrapped mine around him, burying my face in his chest.

“Things aren’t over yet Allison.”

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Brian’s POV*^
I got out of my car and just as I was walking to the doors of the police station, the person I came to see walked out.

“Hey Brian!” he greeted, and I walked up to him. My uncle was the sheriff, he was technically a second dad to me. He would listen to me, and I needed to help Allison and Matt. Even though Matt used to beat the shit out of me, he’s turned into a really nice guy, and I have to admit that I might have the tiniest crush on Allison, and I definitely owe her one since I relentlessly hit on her for most of the day today.

“Jason, I need a favor.” I said, and he gave me a stern look.

“Now Brian, don’t get me wrong, you’re like a son to me, and I love you to death, but I am not getting you out of another speeding ticket. What will this make? About the second this month?” I shook my head.

“No, no, not another speeding ticket. I have a couple of friends, and they’re being harassed by this man.” I took a deep breath and looked around. I knew who Allison was talking about, and what scared me the most was that I knew Steven on a personal level. I knew he wasn’t a god kid, I knew he was into a lot of bad shit, and I knew that he was in jail once, but I haven’t talked to him in years, so I didn’t know he was on the force. “Can we uh, go inside and talk about this?” Steven’s a sneaky bastard, he could be sitting across the lot in his car right now, watching me, with a gun aimed at my head.

“Sure.” My uncle said sketchily, and lead me inside, where we walked down a few corridors and halls until he walked me into a room, and I locked the door. He eyed me suspiciously as he sat down on his desk, and gestured for me to sit down in the chair in front of him. I sat down and looked up at him. “Brian, what’s going on?”

“Okay, do you remember that guy who used to beat me up? My dad used to talk to you about him. His name’s Matthew Sanders.” Jason gave a small nod. “Well, Matt’s got a girlfriend, and she’s in a lot of trouble. There’s this guy that’s after her. He’s been killing her friends and family. He hires people to do his job for him. He was behind James Sullivan’s murder, and Mr. and Mrs. Fincher’s murders.”

“Wait, what kind of connection does this girl have to James and the Fincher’s?” Jason asked, and I sighed.

“Jimmy was one of her best friends, and Mr. Fincher was her father, and Mrs. Fincher was her mother.” I said, and my uncle looked shocked at the news.

“So we know who kill James and the Finchers’?! That’s great!” He exclaimed, but I waved my hand.

“No, I know who was behind them, who gave the orders to kill them, I don’t know the actual killers.”

“Well who was behind it?” He asked.

“Promise you’ll believe me?” I asked, and he nodded. “Steven Grim,” I took a deep breath. “Aka Steven Haner.” I said, and Jason looked as if someone had just kicked him in the face with a steel-toed boot, or, you know, like he had just been told his nephew was a fuck up.

“You’re telling me your brother killed your best friend, and two of the richest people in Huntington?” He asked, and I nodded, and he chuckled. “Son, you’re out of your mind.” He said, and got up, and I stood up too.

“No! I’m not! Steven’s going to kill two more people, and maybe even more if we don’t do anything about it!” I exclaimed, and he sighed.

“Brian, Steven may have been in some bad stuff a few years ago, but he’s cleaned up.” I shook my head, at Jason.

“No, he hasn’t.” I could just about burst into tears at how helpless I felt. “I have the hole in my heart where my best friend should be to prove it. He was behind the murder of a guy that I grew up with and loved as a brother.” I said, and Jason’s smile faded. “Jimmy Sullivan was killed for no reason. He’s going to be six feet underground in just a couple of days, along with Allison’s parents. Three people who died for no fucking reason! I thought I could get you to help me! You’re fucking family! Steven may be my brother, and he may have told you that he’s got cleaned up, but that doesn’t necessarily mean he’s rid himself of his old ways.” I said, and Jason looked down, then back up.

“I’ll talk to him.”

“No you won’t!” I yelled. “He’s not even here right now! He isn’t patrolling like he should be, he’s in the bad part of town, talking to his minions about the death of Matthew Sanders and Allison Fincher. Two human beings that are both going to be dead by Friday unless you do something about it!” I said desperately. “Get people around Matt’s house, don’t let anyone into that place until you have Steven in custody, with his hands cuffed behind his back, and all of his crazed friends in a cell.” I said, and he finally realized what I was saying. He sighed.

“What’s his address?”

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Steven’s POV*^
“Frazer, we have to do it now, my uncle’s just sent out for people to be stationed around Matt’s house.” I stood up from the table, cell phone in hand as I was already running for the door.

“Now?” Frazer asked.

“Yes now! Get your ass over there right fucking now!”

“You know, you need to stop calling me Frazer and start calling me by my real name.” He said, and I rolled my eyes as I got into my car.

“Well what is your real name then?” I asked as I sped off towards Matthew’s home. No one knew Frazer’s real name, all everyone knew was that he worked at Mr. Fincher’s company, on the twenty seventh floor.

“Frank.”

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Matt’s POV*^
The back door squeaked as it opened, and Allison and I froze. I stood up, and looked down at Allison.

“Stay here.” I whispered, but before I could walk off she stood up, and pressed her lips against mine, giving me a small, sad smile as she pulled away.

“Be careful.” She whispered, and I nodded.

“It’s probably just Brian.” I said, and she nodded. “I’ll be back.” I said, and she sat back down. I quietly walked through the kitchen to the back door, and who I saw shocked me. “Frank?” I asked, and he turned from the door and smiled.

“Hey Matt, how’s it been going?” Something wasn’t right. He wasn’t acting right, at all. He brought both hands up in front of his face, and my heart skipped a beat as I started down the suppressor that was attached to the barrel of the gun.

“Frank, what’s going on?” I asked shakily, and he smiled.

“Eh, nothing much.” He said nonchalantly. “Oh, I bet you’re wondering why I’m pointing a loaded gun at you, huh?” I nodded. “Well, if you haven’t heard, I’m going to kill you.” Fuck.

“Frank, don’t do this.” I whispered, and he thought for a second. “You don’t want to hurt me, Frank.”

“You know what…you’re…” He trailed off as he lowered his gun, and I let out a sigh of relief. “Wrong!” He pulled the gun up and fired three rounds into my head, and my last thought lingered for a second before I hit the floor. Allison, I love you.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Allison’s POV*^
“I heard talking from the kitchen, but I was too terrified to move from the couch. I heard three sounds, like a pellet gun being fired, but before I could move the front door opened.

“Bri-” I stopped immediately as I saw who it was. Steven stood in the doorway, a gun in hand, a smirk on his face.

“Hey Frank!” He said, smiling at someone behind me.

“Matt’s dead.” My heart stopped. Matt’s dead. No. Not yet.

“Good job, didn’t leave a mess, did you?” Steven asked, completely ignoring the fact that I was in the room. The Frank guy walked over to Steven.

“Not too much of a mess. I shot him in the head, so there’s a little blood, but that’s all.” Frank said, and I could only watch as Steven gave him a high five.

“Good job. This shouldn’t take, long, go wait outside.” Steven instructed, and Frank nodded before walking out. Steven shut the door, and smiled at me. “Ready for your turn?” Steven grinned, and I stood up from the couch and took off down the hall. I heard him behind me as I took a left and ran into the bedroom, as I turned around to shut the door, but Steven got in the door.

“Just leave me alone!” I screamed, and started backing up as he smiled.

“Allison, you have put me through hell in the past four years.”

“Hell’s exactly what you deserve.” I said, and he shook his head.

“Really? I’d watch what I’d say if I were you, because you’re not the one holding the gun.” He pointed his gun at my head, and I closed my eyes. I had no one and nothing left, and there was no point in fighting anymore. I heard soft footsteps, a gunshot, then someone rushed forward.

“Are you alright?” I opened my eyes to a man standing in front of me, his hands on my shoulders as he asked if I was okay repeatedly. I looked down to find Steven, and he was laying on his side in the floor, the gun still in his hand, a bullet hole in the back of his head, with blood quickly pooling. Then my hearing swarmed back to me, and I heard heavy footsteps throughout the house, and I saw light blue and red flashing lights outside the window, and orders being called outside and inside the house. I didn’t know what was happening, my mind couldn’t comprehend it, but the man lead me out of the room, and walked me down the hall as officers and paramedics rushed by us. We got into the living room, and paramedics were rushing towards the kitchen, while other officers ran behind them. The officer walked me out of the house and onto the front lawn, where I was immediately embraced by a person I identified as Brian.

“Oh god you’re okay.” He whispered, and I felt the reality of the moment hit me.

“Brian,” I pulled away from him slightly, and the officer walked away.

“What is it?” He asked, looking into my teary eyes.

“He killed Matt.” I said quietly, and felt tears streaming down my face as I collapsed into him, burying my face in his shoulder as he kept his arms tightly around me.

“Ms. Fincher, I need to ask you some questions.” I heard a voice behind Brian and I , but neither of us moved.

“Jason, not now.” I heard Brian mutter, and I pulled away from him slightly as the person walked away.

“Did you do this?” I asked, and Brian smiled slightly, and nodded.

“My uncle’s the sheriff, and…” Brian sighed.

“And what?”

“Steven’s my brother.” He said, and looked down. “I knew he was going by a different name, but it took me a minute to remember it, and once I did, I went straight to my uncle, and made him believe me.” Steven was Brian’s brother?

“Steven’s your brother?” I asked, and Brian nodded.

“I’ve always hated him. He used to pick on me a lot when I was little, and one day he just disappeared. I knew that he was in a lot of bad shit, but I had no clue at how much destruction he was causing. I’m so sorry.” He whispered, and I shook my head.

“Don’t apologize, it’s not your fault. If it wasn’t for you getting the police here, he would have killed me.” I said quietly, feeling more tears fall from my eyes as a gurney came from the house, a body lying on it with a white sheet over it. I squeezed my eyes shut and Brian wrapped his arms back around me. “I can’t believe he’s gone.” I whispered through sobs, and Brian rubbed my back. “I don’t have anyone left now.” I sobbed, and what Brian said next made me feel a little hope in my heart that maybe I’d be able to go on without Matt. Even as impossible as it seemed at the moment, what Brian stated next was true. I may have only known him for a little over a day, but he saved my life, and gave me a reason to stay in his arms.

“You have me, and you always will.”

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
I loved Matthew Sanders with all of my life. He was one person that tried to help me when no one else did, and loved me when I was left alone. He cared about me, and for me, and I cared about him just as much. I live with Brian now, but we don’t have a girlfriend boyfriend relationship, we love each other as best friends. He may have thought of me as a hot girl at one point, but now he thinks of me as a little sister, and I think of him as the greatest friend anyone could ask for. He puts up with my crap, and holds me close when Matt comes up, and I cave, dialing Lance’s number as fast as my fingers will allow me to, and he always kicks Lance out, even if that means later getting slapped by me. He keeps telling me I should put myself out there, and try to find the other half of my heart, but every time I tell him the same thing: “Brian, the other half of my heart is with Matt. He’s the only person I’ll ever love, and I’ll never love another person the same way.” To which he replies: “But I thought you loved me?” That’s when I tell him I do, just as more of a friend, and he ruffles my hair and tells me I need to broaden my horizons, and I tell him he needs to narrow his.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to every single one of the readers, subscribers, and a big special thank you to the commentors:

RazzyVengeance6661
Fiktion
A7XGIRL711
pekigirl
amodernmyth88

Well, this is the end of this massacre of a story. I apologize for the shit I've put you all through with these last few chapters. But all in all, I really do hope you all enjoyed this story. You do have to admit, it was one hell of a ride.

But, alas, even though this story is done, I am working on stories as we speak, and currently in the middle of posting Cherish My Heart, and also my collaboration with Fiktion, Trapped. So don't believe this is the end of me.

Thanks for the support and love(?) you guys shared with this story! :D

xoxo, Saleigh