Status: active

Warmness on my soul

Bad Memories

“Teaser!!!” Jimmy screamed pointing his finger at her.

“Come on Tanya, drop the attitude! Tell us!” Johnny begged her.

“I won’t be able to hide it any longer so… I’M PREGNANT!” she screamed. I instantly started jumping up and down and ran into her arms hugging her. After some moments Andrea joined our hug. The guys started clapping and congratulated Tanya one by one.

“Tanya, I have to say one thing…” Brian said.

“What?”

“Are you the father, Gates?” Zacky asked making us laugh.

“He is not! I can assure you that, ok? What is it Syn?”

“Well, I have to say, I’m kind of shocked you know…”

“Shocked? Why?”

“I thought you were a virgin.” Brian and the guys started laughing hysterically and Jimmy was rolling on the floor after hearing his best friend statement. Tanya threw Brian a pillow, making him laugh more.

We spent the rest of the afternoon in the house, mainly because the guys are such sweethearts and know that I need rest so they stayed to make me laugh and also support Andrea because she was needing more than me. When it started getting late they left leaving me and Brian alone.

“Ah, I thought they would never leave…”

“Where is you hospitality Mr. Gates?”

“It’s not about hospitality; I just wanted to spend the day with my girlfriend at home, doing nothing.”

“The day is not over yet babe… We can do nothing now.”

“Can we? Fuck yeah!”

Brian picked me up bridal style and placed me on the bed.

“What are you doing?”

“I’m cuddling with you for the rest of the day.”

“Babe, I’m going to fall asleep if we stay like this.”

“Good.”

It was so good to be this close to him, like he said, doing nothing. Just enjoying each others company. We weren’t talking. There was just silence. Not weird silence, just comfortable silence.

“I’m so happy for Tanya. She deserves her fairytale ending.”

“And you don’t?”

“That’s not what I said. But she really deserves it.”

“You do to. Every girl in the world should have her prince charming, right?”

“Dude, if the guys heard what you’ve just said!”

“Shut up freckles! I’m just saying, every girl needs to be treated like a princess. I mean you like that right?”

“I’m still waiting for that day…”

“You what?”

“I’m just messing with you silly!”

“I told you! Don’t do that! You’ll be the death of me woman…”

“Aaawwww you’re so exaggerated…”

“You love it, now come get kisses.” He said gesturing me to move closer to him. I didn’t need to be told twice. He started kissing me really slow but really passionate at the same time. His lips were so soft and felt so good on mine. Midway through our making out session Brian stopped because he probably saw I wasn’t so excited as he was.

“I’m sorry, I’ll stop. You just lost your job and I’m here like… I’m sorry just cuddle.”

“You don’t need to apologize babe. I’m the one who’s been putting you down.”

“Do you have an idea of what you’re going to do?”

“No. I have no clue… But I’ll find something.”

“You don’t need to. You can have a good life with me Claire.”

“Don’t say that, I’m not with you for your money, you know that. When we met you had nothing. I know you’d like to give me everything I want, but I need to do this for myself you know.”

“Yeah, I know. Sorry. By the way, tomorrow I got to go to the studio.”

“You’re leaving me alone?” I pouted.

“Don’t say that baby! You’re making me feel bad!”

“Don’t feel bad, I’m joking. I know you have to go. But don’t worry, I’ll have loads of fun with Pinkly.”

We shared a few more moments of silence and I was almost drifting off to sleep. Suddenly Brian broke the silence.

“Can I ask you something?”

“Anything.”

“Do you still draw?”

“What?”

God! He had to bring it up. I didn’t even remember it. Whole my life I was an art addict, I spent my days drawing and I was happy that way. It was my escape from the world and made me forget everything. They said I had so much talent, but I never believed them. I was only doing it because it made me happy. My passion for drawing abruptly faded when my dad died. Seeing him fight over cancer every day to have him die in my arms in the end… Having to deal with that and deal with the separation and with the moving right after it made me go to a place I’ve never been. To a dark place somewhere in my mind where not even drawing could make disappear. Since then I never picked it up again.

“Drawing. You were so talented. I bet you still are.”

“Well, no. Since I moved, no.”

“Well, you haven’t had much time.”

“No, I mean, since my dad died.” I could feel tears forming in my eyes and all of a sudden I buried my face on Brian’s chest crying over my father.

“Freckles… I don’t like to see you like this.” He was caressing my head to comfort me.

“I know, I’m just- I miss him.”

“I know you do baby, but he’s always here, he never left you. He’s right here.” Brian said pointing to my heart.

“I know.”

“Don’t you think he would like you to do what you love?”

“Yeah, I’m sure he would, but he wasn’t the only one I lost…”

“I’m here now. I am all yours and I will never leave you baby. I’m here.” He hugged me tight and I finally stopped crying.

“Do you think I can do it?”

“What? Draw again? Of course baby. You were born to do that. Every time you would draw when you were around us your eyes would shine in way that you can’t even imagine… Things like that never change. You should definitely start doing it again. ”

“Maybe I will. Thanks Bri.”

“No need. I love you freckles.”

“I love you too Bri.”

I don’t remember anything else from tat night because I immediately fell asleep. When I woke up I tried to put my arm around Brian but all I found was Pinkly. When I opened my eyes she started barking to me as if she was telling me to get up. I was going to look for Brian but first I read a little note standing on his pillow next to me.

“Had to go to the studio earlier than I thought this morning.

So… I figured I should wake up even earlier to buy some

gifts to my beautiful girlfriend. Use them well…

Follow the trail baby girl. ;)

Take care of my heart, I left it with you.

Brian.”

I grinned wide at the note. He really was my prince charming. He talked about the trail. The trail? I stood up from the bed and noticed that on the bed and in the floor were some rose petals creating a trail going somewhere downstairs. Pinkly barked again and ran so I figured out I should follow her and the trail. When I got downstairs I didn’t see anything. Just realized that the rose petals were leading me to his backyard. I was damn curious so I just followed it. Actually I’ve never been there. You can really see the beach from here, nice! The sun was shining and the weather was just amazing. No wind, no nothing. Just the sound of the waves on the beach. My thought were interrupted by his surprise. Apparently Brian went shopping. I couldn’t believe in what I was seeing but it was a beautiful sight. He did this for me? He must’ve wasted so much money… Even though he shouldn’t do this… I couldn’t deny it. It was perfect and I couldn’t be more happy!