Status: active

Warmness on my soul

Roses and Sketchpads

I couldn’t believe in what I was seeing but it was a beautiful sight. He did this for me? He must’ve wasted so much money… Even though he shouldn’t do this… I couldn’t deny it. It was perfect and I couldn’t be more happy!

Now I could see where the trail of roses led me. I walked closer to it. On a small table were several sketch pads of different sizes and the one that was on top had a little heart made of petals. Next to them there were several pencil cases. I opened them one by one. On the first one there were only color pencils, on the other I found markers and on the last one I found some other drawing supplies, like different sized erasers, regular drawing pencils and some sharpies. Next to all of this I saw two canvas and all kinds of brushes and paints from various colors. All of those supplies looked very expensive and brought me memories from the times when I used to live for drawing and art in general.

Yesterday when we talked about this I never thought he would surprise me like this. And honestly I really doubted I was still that creative. In the middle of the rose petals heart was another note.

“Don’t ever doubt yourself freckles!

Just start messing around with it and you’ll see

you’re gonna fall in love with it again… at least you did with me ;)

When I come back I wanna see a finished work or I’ll be mad!

Good work baby.

Brian”

Maybe he’s right. I sat down analyzing the pencils and I could already feel butterflies in my stomach and the urge to grab the sketchbook, but I decided I wasn’t gonna give in. Not yet. I went inside to have breakfast but ended up in bringing a bowl of cereals outside. But before that I went upstairs to grab clothes. Yes, I was still on my underwear. I was having my breakfast outside and the weather was just perfect for it. Pinkly joined me after a while and jumped on my lap. I played with the little dog for some moments and grabbed the sketchpad closer to me. Pinkly barked as a sign of approval and I laughed. Without even knowing I started drawing and I wasn’t thinking about what I was drawing, I was just doing it. Minutes after, I received a text message from Brian.

“Hey baby, I’ll be home in a few minutes. Hope you liked the surprise and I REALLY HOPE you’re using my gifts properly! ;) love you”

Home in a few minutes? What time is it? I looked at the time in my phone. Fuck! It’s 11 am already? Suddenly I felt a smile creep on my face. It’s always been like this. When I’m drawing I lose track of time of everything and I completely forgot about my problems. But now I actually consider myself happy. Except for the bruises but they seem to be getting better. I looked at the sketchpad seeing my work. I had fill three pages with studies. I was pretty happy with the result. It wasn’t great but considering the time I spent without touching a pencil it was pretty good. And considering the fact that the person I was drawing over and over again was completely gorgeous wasn’t helping. I also drew Pinkly and some parts of the landscape in front of me. On a different notebook though. And that’s the one I’m gonna show Brian. I grabbed everything and brought it inside with me. I started making something for myself and Brian to eat when he arrived. I jumped when I felt to arms holding me from behind but immediately relaxed when I knew it was Brian. “How’s my artsy girl? Missed me?” he whispered in my ear sending a shiver through my spine. I turned around in his arms and put my hands around his neck. “Of course I did silly!” He smirked at me and leaned closer and softly brushed his tongue against my bottom lip. “As much as I love seeing you in my shirt, I’d rather see it on the floor…” With him saying this I gave him a soft peck on the lips and moved from his arms. “I know you would love that, but your girlfriend actually cooked for you.”

“Aaww, she cooks?”

“I’ve got a lot of hidden talents!” I winked.

“Talking about hidden talents! How was your morning?” he asked smirking.

“Well, you know… Watching tv and stuff like that…”

“I’m not falling for that one again freckles, nice try though… You liked it?”

“Brian! I loved it, ok? It was the best thing somebody did for me! You must’ve wasted so much money with all of that! I don’t like you better if you buy me all this things! I like for who you are, I told you!”

“Damn girl! I know, geez… I just wanted to surprise you, and I can totally see that you loved it, you look happier!”

“That’s because I am. I have a perfect boyfriend doing all of this for me!”

“When are you going to show me what you’ve done?”

“Who says I’m showing you?”

“I do.” Pinkly barked. “There you go, see? Pinkly wants to see too.”

“Too bad, she already did.”

“Claire…” he cried.

“I’m kidding babe, I’ll show you after we’re done eating, ok?”

“You better do, so I can go to the guys bragging about my super talented girlfriend.”

“You’re so exaggerated!”

“And you’re so modest! From what I remember you were so freaking talented!”

“But I’m rusty Brian! I need much more practice.”

“Well, then practice freckles!” he said smiling picking up the plates from the table. After we were done cleaning the kitchen Brian jumped to the couch and I followed him.

“Care to show me now princess?”

“Let me go get it.”

“Wait, are they in the bedroom, I’ll go. Which one is it?”

“The smaller one, and thanks babe.”

He got upstairs to pick up the sketchbook and suddenly I remembered the other sketchbook. He can’t see that! I ran to the bedroom as fast as I could but when I opened the door it was too late. Brian was sitting at the edge of the bed with the small book on his hands smiling at it. “Babe, is this me?”

“There you go… Laugh all you want.”

“Laugh? Claire are you ok?” He got closer to me and put his hand around my neck, showing me my sketches from this morning with the other.

“Freckles, this is me! Anybody can see that. You really filled three pages with my face? How could you? I mean this right here is fucking detailed and I don’t have photos of myself hanging around there.”

“Well, let’s just say I like your face enough to remember it perfectly when you’re not around. I pay attention to every little detail you know. I like to observe. I know this is gonna sound creepy but sometimes when you’re sleeping I stare at you. Because you’re beautiful.”

“You’re beautiful. This is beautiful.” He said pointing at one of the drawings of his face. “And for the record, you’re still so fucking talented!” he screamed making me laugh.

*Brian’s POV*

“Care to show me now princess?” I was dying to see her drawings. When we were little kids, on the break from classes she would always carry her little book with her and I could spend hours just watching her draw.

“Let me go get it.”

“Wait, are they in the bedroom, I’ll go. Which one is it?”

“The smaller one, and thanks babe.”

“You’re welcome.” I muttered but I don’t think she heard. I went inside the bedroom and immediately saw the sketchpads on the bed. I was gonna bring them downstairs but I couldn’t resist. I sat on the edge of the bed and opened the smaller one. It was a beautifully drawn landscape and the colors she used made it look so stunning, I stared at it for a while and then turned the page. Aaaww, it was Pinkly! She looked so cute. It looked just like her. I thought she would draw more. Not that I’m pressuring her… I just thought I was gonna see a bunch of drawings. But this is good for her. It’s a start. When I stood up from the bed I made another sketchbook fall open in the floor. I had to sit again to admire what I was seeing. It was… It was my face. Three pages filled with my face. How did she do this? She’s so amazing.

“Babe, is this me?” I asked seeing her stand at the door.

“There you go… Laugh all you want.” She looked down at her feet.

“Laugh? Claire are you ok?” I got closer to her and put my hand around her neck, showing her the sketches with the other.

“Freckles, this is me! Anybody can see that. You really filled three pages with my face? I mean this right here is fucking detailed and I don’t have photos of myself hanging around there.”

“Well, let’s just say I like your face enough to remember it perfectly when you’re not around. I pay attention to every little detail you know. I like to observe. I know this is gonna sound creepy but sometimes when you’re sleeping I stare at you. Because you’re beautiful.”

“You’re beautiful. This is beautiful.” I said pointing at one of the drawings of my own face. “And for the record, you’re still so fucking talented!” I screamed making her laugh.