Status: a working progress...

Mistake

Chapter 2

“Uhhh… Haley. What’s that?” Damian asks, pointing to the pregnancy test that was on the floor.
“Noooothiiing.” I say in a sing-song voice. Damian said nothing. Instead, he walked over to the pregnancy test and picked it up.
“So, you’re pregnant?” He asks bluntly. I just stare at him, not sure what to say.
“Hello? Are you gonna answer me or not?” Damian asked, his voice a little harsh. That did it. I started crying. Damian immediately saw my tears and he ran over to me and he wrapped me up in a big hug. I just leaned against him and cried my eyes out for the next ten or fifteen minutes.
“Heeey… ssshhh… it’ll be alright…” He mumbled into my ear. I could tell he was trying to comfort me and it was working… a little. When I finally stopped crying, I said to him,
“Well, you found me out. I’m pregnant.” He just nods, probably not sure on what to say next.
“Can you please say something? You are really making me feel awkward.” I plead to him.
“Okay, um, well, for starters, I thought you said you didn’t have a boyfriend?” He asked. Of course, he just HAD to say THAT.
“I don’t. I’ve actually never had a boyfriend in my life.” I say to him slowly, hoping he’ll catch on the truth sooner than later. The moment I said that, the truth of how I got pregnant dawned on him. How do I know this? Shock and anger was written all over his face.
“So you mean to tell me that some, some, some jerk forced you to…” he just couldn’t get the rest of his sentence out. I nodded.
“Please don’t tell anyone though!!! Please!!!” I exclaimed. He looked at me weirdly.
“What about Sharon? She has to know!!!” Damian said, trying to stay calm.
“Well, at the start of the tour I had told her that I may be pregnant. And today, I just found out for sure that I was.” I told him, taking a seat on the couch. He sat down next to me.
“So, what are you gonna do?” Damian asked, putting his arm around my shoulder.
“I don’t know. I just don’t know.” I said, the truth of my answer starting to finally dawn on me as I said it.