Sequel: Hollywould Fix

Wonderwall

Surprise Homecoming

I spent the next few days not going much in particular. I would spend most of my time in the house. I borrowed a couple of books from Pete to read. Alex came over for a little while each day. Pete and I were like two ships in the night. I knew he was busy but I didn't expect to see him so little in his own house. Around 7 that evening Alex and I were in the middle of watching a movie when the phone rang. It was Pete. "Reina, I'm so sorry but I need you to do me a huge favor."

"Sure anything."

"Ashlee got back from Japan a little earlier than I expected. She's on her way to the house right now. Can you just hide out for awhile so I can talk to her?"

"Of course."

"And Rey...she's gonna be there in like 10 minutes."

"Got it." I hung up the phone. "Alex, you've gotta go!"

"What?! Why?"

"Ashlee's on her way here, Pete hasn't told her I'm staying here, and she might suspect something if she recognizes you on your way out."

"Honestly Reina you think she'd even remember me?"

"Alex..."

"And why hasn't Pete told her, is he hiding you or something..."

"Alex! Get out!"

He laughed. "Fine I'm going. Call me later and tell me how it goes," he said kissing my forehead and gathering the remnants of our dinner to take with him.

"Ok." I immediately began to search around the house trying to remember if I had left any of my things lying around. I knew I didn't I had kept most of my things confined to the guest room, mostly in my suitcase. I was in Pete's room double checking that nothing of mine was there when the front door opened. I froze and held my breath. I hoped she would go in the living room and I could sneak down the hall. But I had no such luck, I heard footsteps immediately heading up the stairs. I began to panic. I looked around frantically for somewhere to hide. Under the bed? Bad idea. The bathroom? No. Finally, I dashed into the closet and closed the door gently behind me.