Sequel: Hollywould Fix

Wonderwall

Stupid Girls...Shop at Fred Segal

When I had properly fixed myself up we met up with Pete and Ashlee downstairs. We ended up heading to Fred Segal. We walked around looking at the latest Chip & Pepper and Blue Cult jeans. I picked up a pretty lilac sleeveless silk blouse and held it up against myself in the mirror. "That looks nice," commented Alex coming up behind me. I looked at myself a second longer before noticing the $218 Marc Jacobs price marked clearly on the price tag and returning it to it's place. "Rey you know if you need anything all you have to do is let me know."

"I know," I smiled knowing I probably wouldn't take him up on his offer.

We walked to meet up with Pete and Ashlee again. I found that she was a little quiet but still nice and much nicer when Angel and the other girls weren't around. We found them in the shoe section, Ashlee was trying on a pair of high-heeled sandals. "Hey Reina, these shoes are so cute but they're way too small for me. I figured you might want to try them on if you like them," she said handing me a pair of Stella McCartney metallic lace up sandals with a wooden platform. I put them on my feet gingerly and stood up to look in the mirror. They were cute and they fit me perfectly. I looked for the price on the box. $495?!

"Hmmm, they're ok,' I said nonchalantly removing them from my feet.

"Are you sure because if you like them you know I'll get them for you?" This time it was Pete offering his help.

"Thank you but really I don't really like them that much," I lied.

Eventually, we left Fred Segal and went to Kitson. I headed to the accessories thinking I would be able to find something reasonable. I picked up a wallet with an Andy Warhol-inspired print of Elvis; $54. Ok, maybe not. I sighed heavily returning it.

After a long day of pining over things I couldn't have we finally made it back to the house. We all crashed in the living room. "You know I was thinking, I should get a job," I announced.

Alex, Pete, and Ashlee all paused to look at me. "Rey you don't have to do that, I've told you a million times I've got you covered. Anything you want," said Pete looking concerned.

"I know and I appreciate it, I really do. But I can't just live here mooching off of you until those men find my mom. Besides I've been here for a month and I think it would really help me to be out in the real world." I smiled hopefully in Pete's direction. I really wanted him to approve.

"Will you at least let me help you find the job," he conceded.

"I would love your help." I started grinning from ear-to-ear. Pete didn't look quite as happy.

"Can I talk to you for a minute...alone?"