Sequel: Hollywould Fix

Wonderwall

The Offices of Jessica Simpson

The next morning I got up early and took my time getting myself together. Pete was still asleep when I left so I took the Jag again. I made my way downtown using the car's navigation system but not before stopping at the Starbuck's that Pete and Ashlee went to often. Once I had found parking I walked to the address; it was in a very slick professional building. I checked in with the receptionist and sat down to wait. It was only 9:30 am, I was a half hour early. I sat chewing compulsively on mints trying to banish my coffee breath. Not long after I was led back to Russell's office. The entire building was beautiful. Everything was sleek and shiny right down to the ergonomically designed chairs. We came to a door with the name Russell DuBose and I was led inside. I instantly loved Russell's office it was an ode to Paris. There was a shaggy cream rug in the middle of the floor. On the walls were beautiful black and white pictures of famous Parisian landmarks and bright colored photos of models on the runway. There was a pink feathery chandelier hanging from the middle of the ceiling and mannequins, fabric swatches, and sketches filled the rest of the room. Perched behind a clear, Lucite desk was Russell.

He was a chubby, bald man, who was unusually red faced and his eyes were so wide that he might have been on his 5th cup of coffee already that morning. Russell was very bubbly and animated. Almost as soon as we began, the interview turned more into idle chit chat. Russell explained to me the style theory of the Jessica Simpson brand and what my role would be. The job sounded amazing. I would be a freelance design consultant meaning I could work for other companies also if I chose to. I would make a very good salary and have benefits. Even though I knew that Peter would take care of me I would be glad to make my own money and give him rent for all the help he had given me. He probably wouldn't take it but I would try anyway. No my mother had never made $100,000 in her life but right now there was a pretty good chance that I would, and more. I left Russell's office optimistic and headed back to the house.