Sequel: Hollywould Fix

Wonderwall

The Welcome Committee

I finally made my first big purchase with my new salary and what was it? Furniture. I couldn't have Dani sleeping on the couch for the entire summer so I took it upon myself to decorate another guest room. It was nothing fancy especially since Peter might come home and hate it but at least she'd have a place to sleep.

I thought it would be nice for Dani to meet some of my friends so that Friday at work I called Angel, Tessa, and Lacey inviting them over later that evening and asking them to bring a few friends. When I pulled up to the house from work a bunch of people I didn't know were already there. "What's going on here? Who are these people," I asked to no one in particular as I walked in the door.

"Who are you," asked a guy carrying a case of beer in the direction of the kitchen.

"I live here, who are you," I countered placing my hand demandingly on my hip.

"Rey you're here finally," Angel's voice floated from the kitchen, "Thanks Paul you're a sweetheart just put those over there will you?"

"Angel who are all these people?"

"They're here to help set up for the party."

I could feel myself starting to panic. "Angel I said a few friends not a massive blowout."

"This is just a few friends don't worry about it. They'll set up and you don't have to clean anything, I'll make sure of that."

"Yeah I'm sure they'll help clean up the house after they destroy everything in it," I said sarcastically.

"Lighten up Rey, everything will be fine I promise."

I gave up on protesting, sometimes Angel just could not be swayed. I headed upstairs to change and found Alex sitting on the bed flipping channels. "She just showed up so I let her in," he said putting his hands up defensively.

I dropped my bags, kicked off my shoes,a nd flopped onto the bed next to him. "Would it be rude to not show up to my own party?"

"Just a little. Come on it will be fun you just have to let yourself get into it."

"So that's why you're hiding up here too?"

"Hey it's not my party."

"Alex come on!"

He laughed. "Alright alright let's get ready."