Without You, I'm Just Me

The cats got the canary spinning in his ribcage

I was outside the W in less than 10 minutes. My heart was racing and the only thoughts in my head were hurting Rob. Beating his face in until I would be forcibly taken away.

I wanted him to feel every bit of pain he put Naomi through. I wanted him to feel hurt and defenseless like he made Lewy feel. It was all about hurting him because he hurt those 2 people I care more about than myself.

I went inside, mindlessly taking the elevator up to the 4th floor. People surpassed me, I didn't even acknowledge them. I went straight to room 219 and knocked hard. I could hear voices beyond the door, very faint but I didn't even think about it. Once the door opened, I pushed my way through, shoving it open to force my way in.

I saw Rob a few feet away and went after him. It was like a big flash, a blur, my fist were raised and I hit him. Again and again and again until I felt arms around my torso, pulling me back. I elbowed whoever it was in the face and went back at Rob, who was on the floor crying out; "Get the fuck off!"

I couldn't stop. The anger just bubbled and it took over my entire being. I was pulled off again, this time the person encircled their arms around my upper arms and pulled me away. Rob groaned in pain, rolling around on the floor; the person holding me kept yelling for help, security.

"I told you I was gonna kill you!" I yelled at him, "Naomi told me what you did!" I struggled, but whoever had me had a iron grip. "I'm gonna fucking murder you!"

"Someone help!" The guy behind me screamed out. "Rob! Rob, are you okay? Get up, bro."

Rob staggered to his feet, using a chair to stand, his face was bloody; I felt proud, still bubbling with anger. Adrenaline pumped through me, I kept trying to break free, but I was held back tight. Rob spat on the floor, using the length of his arm to wipe the blood away from his face, his nose poured blood, "What did that bitch say?" He growled; and then he howled with laughter, smiling sickeningly at me, "She tell you I fucked her in front of your kid? Did she tell you he cried and begged me to stop?"

That was the final catalyst. I managed to break free and charged at him. I threw him against the wall, breaking a mirror and was at him again.

I don't know how many times I swung, but I hit him over and over again, my fist broke his nose. Two big set of arms pulled me away and tossed me to the floor; my hands were behind my back, I couldn't hear a thing but blood pumping through my ears and my heart hammering away in my chest. I felt metal against my wrists...I was being arrested, still I felt the anger rushing through me.

I was taken away, seeing a woman and a man tending to Rob, who was still on the floor. I was carried out, in the elevator and through the lobby where people gathered and watched. I wasn't embarrassed, I was just so angry, I could barely stand it.

The police officers put me in the back of a squad car and shut me in. I growled and leaned back in the shitty seat; it had no cushioning, it was just like a plastic bench, with the gate separating me from the front seats. After a few minutes, an ambulance arrived and then an officer got in the car with me.

"I met you the other day," he started shortly, "what were you thinking?"

I couldn't answer.

"Can you hear me?" He asked, driving off, "I read you your rights in the elevator, you heard right?"

I looked out the window, "I wanna talk to Naomi."

"We already have an officer going to speak to her," he said, looking back at me for a second. "Did she make you come here? How'd you know he was here?"

"He sent her a text message. I read it before she could...I left her sleeping at her house, she didn't send me. She's gonna kill me when she finds out."

"We're sending you to lock up," he said, "we're gonna book you and set your bail. If he decides to press charges, you'll be taken into custody and taken to court."

I felt really shitty for doing this. I was acting on impulse, but I'm glad I did it. If I would go to jail, then fuck it, it was worth it.


The police interviewed me and then put me in a holding cell. I had them contact my dad, he would help me get out of this, but I knew he'd kill me. I didn't get to call anyone, that one phone call rule doesn't work if they contact your lawyer for you.

I sat in the cell for a good hour, watching the clock that was on the wall across the room, near the door that separated me from the officers; Naomi probably picked up the boys, it was already 1. There had been a female officer watching me, but she left not too long ago. When she returned, she had my dad with her; "Wentz, your lawyer is here," she walked ahead of him, then got to my cell, unlocked it and let my dad in. "You get 20 minutes."

My dad looked stressed, "For the son of a law abiding lawyer, you sure are dumb."

"It was an impulse," I excused. "Am I screwed?"

My dad nodded, "Very. You broke his nose; he's pressing charges; assault and battery."

I hung my head, "How long will I be here?"

"You'll be let out in about an hour, I paid your bail, they're just finishing up paper work. They'll give you a court date, and you have to stay out of trouble."

"I am," I mumbled. "Does Naomi know?"

My dad nodded, "She called to ask where you were, I had to tell her. She just picked up the kids and she's pretty upset."

I sighed, "I did this for her."

"We know," my dad patted my arm, "we'll discuss this whole mess at home, I'll try and get you off, Pete...probation, something."

"Thanks dad."

My dad stood and the officer let him him. I leaned against the wall and sighed, knowing the hell I would pay once I was out of here. I still believe it was worth it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think the title of this chapter fits accordingly.
And I apologize for how short it is, but I'm saving their reunion for the next chapter because I don't want it to be too blah and so soon. Plus, I'm sure once I start writing it I won't stop and then the chapter would be too long (in my opinion).
So, what do you think? He didn't exactly murder Rob, and I did write that chapter, but it wouldn't even make sense if I did that. My epic chapter would've been scrapped and I was not gonna do that! Also, Pete Wentz couldn't kill anyone, he's too pretty for prison lol
Honestly, he is such a babe in real life, it's crazy. It doesn't help how funny he is, I wanna marry him.

xxali