‹ Prequel: Someone To Save Me

You Can Fight Fate, You Just End Up Losing

In The Club.

“Please tell me what the hell there is about her that he’s attracted to” I said to Mike as we sat that the high-top.

“I’m pretty sure it started as a fling . . . Are you sure you want to hear this?” I nodded. “They hooked up at a party and she got all clingy he was trying to get rid of her when he realized that she’s coaches daughter.”

“So he’s with her because she’s the coaches daughter. Seriously! She’s an idiot! Tanner is too smart for that . . .”

“You like him.”

“Yea I love him like a brother. Mike I’ve known him my entire life. He might as well be my twin” I said shrugging my shoulders before taking a drink.

“Well then dance with me” he suggested.

“Why the hell not.” He smiled and took my hand leading me out onto the dance floor. Instantly we found a rhythm rocking to the beat of the music, his hands resting lightly on my hips and my back pressed to his chest.

“You’re beautiful Addison” he whispered in my ear. I couldn’t fight the smile that spread across my face, it’s been too long since someone had said that to me.

“ADDISON!” I heard Tanner yell as he pulled me through the crowd and to the side of the room.

“What?”

“What the hell is going on out there?”

“Umm dancing.”

“That’s not dancing. You might as well just drag him into the bathroom and screw him.”

“Tanner, what’s going on with you?”

“What’s going on? What’s going on with you and Mike?” he asked angrily.

“Nothing is going on with Mike. Maybe if you weren’t attached to that whores side you’d realize that nothing is going on with me and Mike. I have to talk to someone Tanner. You’re ignoring me. It’s the one time of the year that I get to see you, the one time that I get to have my best friend and you’re accusing me of whoring myself out to your friend. Screw you Tanner. Now if you don’t mind I’m going to go . . .”

“Addie” he said in a softer tone than before.

“What?”

“I’m sorry” he said pulling my into in chest. “You look absolutely gorgeous by the way. No wonder Mike wants to dance with you.”

“Tanner” I sighed, instantly I forgave him like every time before.

“No really, you look so pretty. Who would have thought.”

“Shut up” I laughed. “You’ve seen pictures of dad when he was a kid, I was way cuter, thanks to mom and grandma being French-Canadian.”

“I knew there was some redeemable quality about you. . .”

“Hey!” I said smacking his chest. “Tanner Luc Letang. I can’t believe you.”

“Busting out the full names Addison Grace Crosby?”

“I miss this Tan.”

“Me too” he replied kissing my forehead like he had done a million times before.

“Tanner!” her shrill voice cut though the perfectly blissful moment with my best friend. “Let’s go home baby” she said staggering over to Tan pushing me out of the way.

“You ready to go Addie?” he asked steadying his girlfriend.

“Sure” I said walking to grab our bags. I met them at the door and followed behind as he practically carried her to the car. He set her in the back seat before closing her door and opening mine for me.

“Hey Adds.”

“Yea Tan?”

“I’m really glad that you’re here.”

“I’m glad that I’m here too.”

“That’s right buddy take the drunk one home and screw her friend!” some random guy yelled as he walked by. I couldn’t stop myself from laughing. Tanner shook his head and looked down at me with a smirk.

“He’s a little drunk.”

“Just a little” he agreed. I smiled before getting into the car, he closed the door behind me before getting into the driver side.