‹ Prequel: Someone To Save Me

You Can Fight Fate, You Just End Up Losing

See you soon.

“Call me when you get home?” I said holding onto Tanner, my arms around his neck.

“I will Adds.”

“Promise?”

“Yes” he smiled his arms tight around me.

“If you get tired you’ll call me. I don’t care how late it is. I don’t care if you wake me up . . .”

“You’re mean if I wake you up in the middle of the night.”

“I don’t care this time Tan, I want to know you’re safe.”

“I’ll call you, I promise.”

“Good.”

“You have fun in Pittsburgh for a couple days. I’ll see you on New Years.”

“I’ll call you before I leave. You’re picking me up right?”

“Yea. Love you Addie.”

“Love you too. I’ll see you soon” I said giving him a kiss. “Please drive safe.”

“I will, I’ll see you soon love.”

“Seriously Tanner Luc, If you even think about getting sleepy you call me” I said as he stepped into the car.

“Addison” he said firmly before walking over to me. “I love you. I will call if I get tired. But if I don’t get going that might be at 4 in the morning and you will not like that at all.”

“Ok” I smiled realizing how ridiculous I sounded. He placed his hands on my shoulders, raising an eyebrow at me. “Alright I get it. You’ll be fine, you’ll call if you get tired . . .”

“I love you” he smiled.

“I love you too.”

“I really have to go Addie.”

“I know” I said resting my hand on his face lightly. “But I don’t want you too.”

“I don’t want to either, but I have to. Practice.”

“I know.”

“I love you. I will see you for New Years.”

“And I’ll finally have a New Years Kiss.”

“Yes” he laughed, “you’ll finally have that New Years kiss.”

“Go before I don’t let you . . .”

“Alright” he said giving me one last kiss. Climbing into his car he gave me a small wave before pulling out of the drive. I stayed outside watching his car until he turned out of my sight. Walking back into the house was sad; without Tanner here too it just felt empty.

“Peanut, you alright?” daddy asked as I shrugged out of my coat.

“Hmm?”

“Are you ok?”

“Yea” I said with a small uncertain smirk. “It’s just, weird being his house without him. I don’t know how to explain it daddy. It’s weird. . .”

“Damn. . .”

“What?” I asked surprised and slightly worried.

“I know what you’re talking about and I don’t like it.”

“What do you mean?”

“That’s how I felt every time your mother would have to go. . .” he smiled. “You really do love him don’t you peanut?”

“Yes.”

“Damn” he smiled rubbing his face slightly. “Well, you’ll be done with classes soon enough Addie, graduating college, starting a career somewhere . . . And you’re in love. I guess this was all bound to happen eventually.”

“Daddy I told you a couple days ago that I loved him . . .”

“I didn’t believe it until you said that. I didn’t know that’s what it felt like until I had to watch your mother leave. Like a magnet, there’s a pull.”

“Yea . . .”

“As much as I hate to admit it, my baby girl is all grown up, and - God help me- in love.”

“Daddy, it’s not like you don’t know him. It’s Tanner not a complete stranger.”

“I know but it would be easier to intimidate a complete stranger instead of some one who is as close if not closer than family.”

“I get it but it’s Tanner, mom and Aunt Jane have been gunning for this forever. It was bound to happen apparently.”

“I know and I can’t believe she was right about that. . . Don’t tell her I said she was right.”

“You don’t have to daddy, she’s standing behind you.”

“Sidney Patrick Crosby” mom said with a smile. “I’m right huh?”

“At the moment yes” he replied.

“We leave in the morning right?”

“Yea, why do you ask peanut?”

“I have some things to think about, daddy. A lot of things.”

“Let me know if you need a sounding board. Maybe I can help.”

“Thanks pops.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Little bit of filler sorry. I'll post again soon.