‹ Prequel: Someone To Save Me

You Can Fight Fate, You Just End Up Losing

Pomp and Circumstance.

****TANNER****

“I really hate polyester” she said sliding on her gown. “But I think I can endure it for an hour or two.”

“You looks smart Adds” I replied brushing a strand of hair from her face. “And beautiful.”

“Yea yea. We’ll see how you feel tomorrow at your graduation how you feel about polyester Tanner” she said giving me a soft kiss. “We have to go. I can’t be late.”

“Alright, our families are waiting down stairs anyway.”

“I can’t believe that we’re graduating Tan.”

“It was bound to happen sooner or later” I said making her smile. She put on her chapstick and led me out of her room and out to where our families were waiting. They had gotten a hotel for the evening here, but we would all be staying at my house in Wisconsin for my graduation tomorrow.

Addie and I got into her parents rental car, her brothers joined my family in their car.
She cuddled into my side her hand resting on my knee as she chatted with her parents, telling them where they had to park and where they should drop her off. We’ve been together now for 7 months and they have honestly been the best 7months of my life. It’s like she was made for me, which sounds completely crazy but I love her. I could see myself spending every morning like this one, waking up with Adds in my arms, her head resting on my shoulder, and her hair fanned out over her pillow.

“Earth to Tanner” she said snapping me from my daze. “You zoned out there.”

“Sorry, what were you saying?”

“Daddy and I were talking about the draft stuff coming up.”

“Yea, how are you doing Tanner?”

“Well, you would probably know that better than I would Uncle Sid.”

“True, but how are you feeling?”

“Good, strong, nervous though.”

“You’re going to be fine baby” she said rubbing my knee gently. “Any team will be lucky to have you.”

“Thanks Adds.” She smiled resting her head on my shoulder.

**** ADDIE****

“I present to you the class of 2030! Congratulations!” I heard from my seat. This was it I’m officially done with school. My classmates all jumped up and threw their caps in the air screaming and yelling for joy. I can’t believe I’m done, and about to move to Pittsburg, or really where ever Tanner goes. It doesn’t seem real. I feel like I’m going to wake up and be a kid again running around the backyard with Tanner. Dad will be at practice with uncle Tangs and the rest of the guys, mom sitting on the back porch with Aunt Janie watching us and our siblings. It doesn’t seem real.

“Addie!” I heard to my left. Tanner came running to my side, “You’re done!”

“I’m done” I smiled as he wrapped his arms around me. Home.

“You’re amazing Adds, I love you so much” he whispered before turning his face to kiss me. It was more passionate than I was expecting at the moment but perfect. “If I don’t say it enough Adds I love you, you’re my rock baby.”

“I love you too Tan.”

“I just want you to know that, things are probably going to be crazy with draft stuff and I don’t want to forget to tell you how much you mean to me.”

“I know, you’re going to do fine Tanner, I love you. Where ever you go Tan I’m right there with you. Always.”

“What about Pittsburg?”

“I meant what I just said. . .”

“You don’t have to do that Addie.”

“I want to” I replied as our families came up behind him to congratulate me.

After a late lunch we were on our way to Wisconsin, our families were flying, Tanner and I driving since he had been down for the majority of the week. My feet were on the dash, toes pressed against the glass, listening to the music as Tanner drove holding my hand across the center armrest. I’m content, just sitting here quietly with him to my left. I love him so much. I love everything about him. Alright not everything but no one is perfect. He’s annoyingly OCD when it comes to hockey superstitions and keeping his house clean, he snores so loud, always leaves toothpaste in the sink, and leaves his wet towels lying around. All that considered, I wouldn’t trade him for anyone.

“What are you thinking about Add?”

“Nothing in particular. Nothing new either” I said with a smile. “I love you Tanner.”

“I love you too Addison.”

“Are you excited about next weekend?”

“Yes, and no.”

“What you mean?”

“I’m excited that I’m going to be there but nervous that I might not get picked.”

“Don’t think like that. You’ll get picked Tanner. You’re too good to pass up.”

“Thanks Addie” he replied kissing my wrist. “You’re too good for me baby.”

“I know, but I don’t really care.”

“Good.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys liked this post, I'm trying to speed things up a bit. Like I said before it's moving a little slow for me.