‹ Prequel: Someone To Save Me

You Can Fight Fate, You Just End Up Losing

DRAFT.

He was nervous. It was easy to see. The buzz that surrounded him over the past couple years is finally come into fruition. All his hard work has led us to this, sitting at the draft with his parents, waiting for his name to be called.

“Breathe Tans” I said squeezing his knee.

“Thank you for being here Addie” he said leaning towards me, resting his forehead against mine.

“Anytime, I’m here for you Tanner. Always.”

“Ditto baby.”

“They’re starting” Uncle Tangs said with a thrilled grin on his face.

The first pick was made, then the second and third, so on and so forth until, “For the 12th pick of the 2030 NHL Draft traded from the Los Angeles Kings, the Pittsburgh Penguin select, Tanner Luc Letang of Wisconsin.”

A smile hit my face and instantly Tanners arms wrapped around me “Thank you Addie.” He held me for a few seconds before stepping back giving me a quick kiss, shook his dads hand and gave his mom a hug. He did it. I beamed looking at the stage, watching him joining a team we grew up with, the team he’s dreamed about being a part of for far too long. Pictures were taken hands shook and he half ran back to us having up follow him out to do more photos.

“Addison” he said when we had a moment just the two of us, a reporter asking his dad how he felt about everything. “I couldn’t have done this without you.”

“Yes you could have” I said smiling up at him. “But I’m glad I got to be here for it all.”

“I love you so much babe” he said giving me a kiss. “Addison Grace Crosby. I love you. And someday you’re going to be the mother of my children.”

“Oh really?”

“Yea. . .”

“Crosby?” someone to our left asked.

“Yes” I replied turning towards them.

“Mr. Lemieux is looking for you” they said gesturing towards a group of men in business suits. Uncle Mario in the midst of them.

“Oh, ok. I guess I’ll be right back Tans. Enjoy this ok?”

“Alright.”

I walked up to the group noticing that they were reporters. What is going on?

“Addison” He said giving me a hug. He’s looking better than he did around the holidays. But he’s still very ill. At 65 he’s still young, it’s just all caught up to him.

“Hi, Uncle M. How are you feeling?”

“Good sweetie. I want to introduce you to a few people. Guys this is Addison Crosby, she will be joining the Penguins family as well sitting in on meetings and honestly being my right hand until I retire. Then she will be taking over as majority owner.”

“Uncle Mario you don’t have to do this. Not now.”

“Too late Addie” he said in a fatherly tone. I shook hands with each of the men, learning that they all were a part of the organization. “Now we have two legacies back with the Penguins. Crosby and Letang back together.”

“Tanner and I have always been together. Since birth” I said feeling a set of hands wrap around my waist from behind.

“We always will be Adds” he whispered resting his head on my shoulder.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry kind of filler. I'm trying to move it along but I couldn't skip almost an entire year with Tans and Adds. Next post will probably be after the summer for them, just a heads up.