‹ Prequel: Someone To Save Me

You Can Fight Fate, You Just End Up Losing

Birthday pt 2

Tanner stood waiting by the door for me. He of course looked amazing in his black dress pants, white button up, and purple tie. His hair in it’s usual mess, he definitely got that from his dad. Seeing what he had on made me glad that I had chosen to wear my light grey fitted dress, that hit just above my knee, with a light pink cardigan, and sliver shoes.

“Wow Adds, you look . . . Wow.”

“Speechless Tanner? I never thought I’d see the day.”

“I’m always speechless around you” he said giving me a gentle kiss. “Let’s go, don’t want to be late.”

We drove in a comfortable silence, Tanner holding my hand across the middle. I seriously love him. More than I could have ever thought possible.

“Tanner, we’re not eating here?”

“Yes we are” he said stopping in front of the valet.

“This is one of the most expensive restaurants in town Tan.”

“It’s your birthday I wanted you to have a memorable night.”

“You didn’t have to pick here.”

“I wanted to, stop arguing with me about it.”

“Fine” I smiled following him inside and to our table.

Dinner was fantastic, I don’t remember the last time I had a meal that good. He even had them make me a small birthday cake with a candle. He seriously had this evening planned to a T and I’ve had the best time just enjoying his company.

“This has been the best night ever Tanner. Thank you so much” I said leaning to give him a kiss.

“Present time” he smirked, knowing that I wouldn’t be happy about it.

“Tanner.”

“Happy birthday Addie” he said sliding a velvet box across the table.

“You didn’t have to. . . Dinner was enough. Dinner was plenty really this place is expensive and . . .”

“Addison, take the damn present” he smiled. I couldn’t help but smile too he has that affect on me. I untied the ribbon placing it carefully to the side before cracking the lid opening the case slowly revealing a platinum heart locket necklace.

“It’s beautiful Tan” I said looking up into his warm eyes. “Thank you.”

“Read it” he urged. I gave him a confused look before bringing it closer to my face. There wasn’t anything on the outside so I opened it noticing an engraving on either side of the heart.

“Tanner . . .” I gasped reading the 4 words ‘Will you marry me?’. Looking up I saw him kneeling in front of me a diamond ring in his hand. “Oh my gosh . . .”

“Addison, I have loved you for our entire lives and I promise to love you for a thousand more years Addie. Will you marry me, please make me even happier than I already am.”

“Yes” I said pulling him towards me, my hands cupping his face gently before kissing him. We both laughed slightly when we parted, unable to stop smiling as he slid the ring on my finger. “Oh Tanner” I sighed, “is this really happening?”

“I hope so” he smiled kissing me again. “I love you so much Addie.”

“I love you too.”

“You’re the greatest thing in my life.”

“We’re getting married” I whispered. “Daddy’s going to kill you.”

“No he won’t. I asked him first.”

“You did” I said feeling tears well up, he got my dad’s permission. My dad is alright with this.

“Why are you crying Addie?” he asked his hands still holding my face.

“I’m just so happy Tan, I’m so glad that you asked daddy first. I was worried that he wouldn’t approve.”

“He gave me the third degree for a bit . . .”

“Well that is to be expected.”

“In the end Adds he knows how much I love you, and that I would do everything in my power to keep you happy.”

“And I you Tans.”
♠ ♠ ♠
=)

They're engaged! do you love it or do you love it?