‹ Prequel: A Week, A Lifetime
Status: Ongoing

A Story To Be Told

Chapter 2

Dakota’s body was shaking as she raised her hand, and knocked three times on the door that lead in to Rian’s room, where he was sleeping. She mentally slapped herself for reacting this way, and she turned to look nervously at the gang, who were observing her every move. Silence. There was no sound at all coming from Rian’s room. Dakota cleared her throat to talk, but was interrupted by Alex.
“American accent. He’ll know who you are immediately if you talk like you normally do.” Dakota nodded in agreement, before clearing her throat again.
“Room service,” she said in her best American accent, which was pathetic at the least. She bit her lip, and she felt her heart beat violently in her chest.
“I didn’t order room service,” Rian shouted from the other side of the door, and Dakota pulled up her shoulders, as if asking Alex what she was supposed to do now.
“Just wait,” he said, and he too looked nervous.

It seemed like time had stopped, because nothing happened. Dakota was fiddling with the hem at the bottom of her dress, and she jumped in surprise as she heard footsteps at the other side of the door. She mentally braced herself for what was about to happen. The door opened, slightly, and a bare-chested Rian was standing in the doorway, and he spoke before taking a good look at Dakota.
“I said I didn’t order any room…” His mouth stopped moving as he took in what he was seeing. He scanned her entire body, from top to bottom, before he opened his mouth to speak, but no words came out.
“Hi!” Dakota said carefully, giving him a little wave. Rian’s mouth fell open, as he took a step out to the corridor. He turned his head to look at the guys, who were almost as excited to see what his next move would be, as Dakota was. Rian turned back to look at Dakota, his mouth ajar.

“Oh my god,” he exclaimed, and threw his arms around her, pulling her into a clumsy hug. Dakota wrapped her arms around his waist, and took a deep breath. She took in every moment of their embrace, and the familiar scent of Rian’s skin hit her nose, giving her goose bumps. She giggled nervously, as Rian pushed her from him, keeping his hands firmly on her arms, and he studied her carefully.
“Are you really here?” he whispered, and as Dakota nodded, the guys further down the hall cheered happily, clapping and shouting. Rian pulled her back to him, and placed a firm kiss on her mouth, before he pushed her out to study her a little more.

“Surprise!” Alex exclaimed happily, and clapped his hands, looking a little to excited. Rian grinned as he turned Dakota around, her back facing the door.
“I’m going to thank you guys, but right now I am taking this beautiful girl into my room, and I’m gonna have sex with her!” Dakota blurted out laughed, a tiny snort escaping her lips in the process, and Rian pushed her into the room and closed the door. He quickly pushed his lips onto her, this time more carefully than before. His lips were eager though, frantically exploring her lips, as if she would disappear if he slowed down. His hands were firmly placed on her back, as he pushed her up against the door. Dakota wrapped her small hands around his neck, deepening the kiss. Rian carefully broke away from the kiss, and placed his forehead against Dakota’s.
“You’re really here,” he said, and Dakota smiled carefully, placing a soft kiss on the tip of his nose.
“No, I’m an illusion.” Rian laughed, as he took Dakota’s hand, leading her towards his bed.

The first time they had been together, it had been careful and lovely. What most people would call making love, but this time Rian was much more eager. In a matter of seconds he had undressed them both, and his hands were exploring every inch of her body. Their kisses were rough and passionate, and Dakota loved how every fibre of his being seemed to want her. Her. He wanted her, and he wanted all of her. No words were said, but no words needed to be said. It was like they could read each other’s minds. And Dakota felt completely fulfilled when Rian collapsed on top of her, his breath ragged and tired.

Lying in Rian’s arms was the best feeling in the world. A thin sheet was lying on top of their naked bodies, hiding how close they were. Dakota smiled happily as Rian kissed her forehead, his breath still heavy.
“What a warm welcome,” Dakota whispered as she smiled widely.
“I’ve missed you so much!” Rian replied, and moved to rest his head in the palm of his hand, his face only inches away from Dakota’s. His other hand was playing with a strand of her hair.
“I have missed you too. More than you know.” Dakota blushed slightly, and Rian grinned at the sight of it. Dakota was not going to tell Rian, but she had missed seeing his smile. Well, she had seen his smile when they had video chatted on Skype, but somehow the digital version did not do it justice. Rian kissed her again, making the butterflies in her stomach flutter like crazy.

“You are so beautiful,” Rian said as he stared Dakota intently in the eyes, his hand still fiddling with her hair. Dakota blushed again, her eyes telling him how much she loved being with him.
“You changed your hair,” Rian commented, his gaze moving to look at her hair. Dakota nodded slightly, a smile etched on her face. She smiled as she remembered Kaylee commenting on how she thought he would like it. “You’re beautiful!” Rian said again, making Dakota grin like a little child on Christmas Morning.
“I love you.” Rian’s words echoed inside Dakota’s head, and she had never felt what she was now feeling. It seemed as though someone had set fire to her chest, the flames slowly moving from her chest to her face. It was a good type of heat though; it just felt foreign, as she had never experienced a feeling like it. Her face spread into a giant smile, and she pushed herself up, and her lips hit his with a force of intensity and love. She pushed him back in bed, lying on top of him, making their kisses deepen. When she finally broke the kiss, she mirrored Rian’s words, and the words seem to come from the very core of her being.
“I love you too, Rian Dawson!”

The only reason they left the bedroom at all, was because the guys had a show later that day, and they had to go prepare for the show. It was with great regret they left the comfort of the bed to meet the others down in the lobby. Their hands were clasped together as they walked over to where the others were standing.
“Was it a happy joining?” Jack asked, and winked at the two of them as they stopped in their strides. Dakota giggled, and felt her cheeks burn, and Rian winked back. Kaylee was grinning like crazy, and fist bumped Alex’s fist as they started walking out of the hotel. Dakota could not help but smile, as it seemed both Rian and her own body was radiating with intensity and love. Her thoughts were stopped though, as Alex turned to talk to her.
“So, you’ll be singing with us this week. On ‘Remembering Sunday’ and on ‘Guts’.” Dakota opened her mouth to talk, but Alex put up a hand.
“No discussion, we’ve already decided.” Oh well, thought Dakota, as they all got into the car that was going to take them to the arena.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cute, huh? ^^ Comment and subscribe! It keep me going :D xx