Status: Completed :) thank you for reading!

Girls Do What They Want

deux

Carter's POV
I left for tour today. And frankly, I just didn't want to get out of bed.
I spent all yesterday packing and getting ready to leave, but then again, I didn't even know what to expect. I had recieved a call from The Maine's drummer, Pat Kirch last night, introducing himself and saying that I would have a blast on tour with them. I doubted it. Surprisingly enough, even though I had been working with The Maine for three years, I had only actually met the guys once. And that one time, two of the members were hungover.
After having a short conversation with Geller yesterday, I discovered that my job was to basically make sure the band was everywhere they needed to be when they needed to be there, and make sure they didn't do anything stupid. Nothing I was new to.
I dragged myself out of my comfortable bed and to the shower. I stripped my pajamas off and stepped into the hot water, rinsing myself and washing my hair. Pat had also told me that showers were kind of rare on tour, so I should bring some baby wipes and dry shampoo.
Realizing that the tour bus would be here to pick me up in a matter of minutes, I jumped out of the shower and quickly brushed my teeth. I pulled on a black sundress and matching black flats and did my makeup. (Cateyes and nude lips. Same makeup I had been doing since I graduated high school.)
I grabbed my Blackberry, turning it on. I had two new text messages and 30 minutes until the bus was supposed to be here.
From: Pat Kirch (The Maine)
Hey Carter! We're on our way to come pick you up. We're all stoked to see you. See you soon! -Pat
The second text was from Avery.
From: Avery Ross
Hi boss. The office is under control! Never fear. Have fun, okay? And text me anytime something awesome happens. See you in three months! A.
I sighed. I didn't want to respond to either one of the texts. Figuring I should at least let Pat know I was alive, I quickly typed a response.
To: Pat Kirch (The Maine)
Hey Pat. See you guys soon. Stoked to see you guys as well :) Carter.
Avery would unfortunatly have to wait for a response. I exited my bedroom, deciding that I should eat something before I left. To be honest, I was extremely nervous.
I grabbed an apple, taking a bite out of it and eyeing my suitcase in the living room. Suddenly, my phone vibrated.
From: Pat Kirch (The Maine)
Hi Carter! We're outside. Hope you're ready to go :) -Pat
My heart beat instantly quickened and my stomach dropped. They were here. Which meant I wouldn't be in my comforting apartment for at least the next three months. I took a deep breath, grabbing my bag and suitcase and slowly walking to the door. I felt like death was coming upon me.
As soon as the door opened, I saw a huge black tour bus with the words "THE MAINE" printed on the front in white.
Sure enough, five guys were outside the bus, waiting for me.
"Hey!" One of them (Pat I think) exclaimed, running over to greet me.
"Uh, hi." I greeted back awkwardly.
"I'm Pat," He grinned. "I'm the drummer."
"I'm Carter. Your new tour manager."
Pat nodded. "Do you want me to help you out or...?" He pointed to my suitcase.
"It's alright, I got it." I replied.
"Don't worry about it, we have it."
Another guy appeared, smiling polietly.
"I'm Kennedy." He said.
"I'm Carter."
"So do you wanna meet the rest of the bums?" Kennedy asked me as Pat grabbed my suitcase.
"I guess so." I mumbled quietly, following the guys' lead.
Three other guys were waiting outside the bus. I recognized all of them, I just didn't exactly know them.
"This is Garrett, John, and Jared." Kennedy announced. Pat stuffed my suitcase into the bottom compartment of the bus, where everyone else's suitcases were.
"Hey guys." I greeted, trying to be as enthusicasic as possible.
"I'm Jared."
"I'm Garrett."
The two grinned. John looked at me.
"I'm John," He said. His tone was strange and I was unable to read it.
"So... I guess we should get back on the bus, huh?" Garrett said awkwardly. I nodded, following Jared into the bus.
"It's not that great or anything. Kinda tiny, but we'll respect your privacy and everything." Jared told me.
"This is the entertainment area, I guess." Garrett piped up, pointing the the "couches" and the TV. There was an XBOX, a Wii, and a DVD player, so that was good.
"And the kitchen."
A mini fridge/freezer, a microwave, and some cabinents.
"And here are the bunks!" Garrett grinned. "They're pretty sweet. They fit two people, just in case you're wondering. Not that I would know though."
I smiled. Garrett seemed like the sweet, quiet one.
"You get the one across from John and below mine." Pat told me, pulling the curtain back.
"You bought sheets, right?" Jared asked. I nodded.
"Good."
"I guess we'll give you some time to settle in and stuff. Our first show is tonight in San Diego, but you probably knew that already." Garrett said.
"Yeah. You guys don't, uh have any press to do today but tomorrow you will." I told them.
"Sounds good, boss." Pat grinned. Kennedy, Jared, and Pat began to move towards the entertainment area.
"Garrett?" I half-whispered, biting my lip.
"Uh, yeah? You okay, Carter? It takes a little time getting used to, I know. But I'm sure you'll do fine as being our new tour manager."
"Thanks," I replied quietly. "But I, um... I was wondering. Why is John so... distant?"
Garrett sighed. "He just got out of a relationship. It was kinda semi-serious, which is pretty crazy for John. He hasn't been near any girls since, and John is a player. He looks for rebounds and meaningless fucks. I can tell we're gonna be great friends, Carter, so I'm telling you this before you get hurt. If he comes on to you... you have to tell him to leave you alone. It'll only cause more pain for him, and get you involved with his problems. It won't be good for anybody."
I bit my lip. "I didn't realize it was that serious."
"Yeah," Garrett mumbled. "John's a great guy, trust me. But he's hurt a lot of girls over the years. I don't want you to be one of 'em, Carter."
"Thanks, Garrett." I smiled.
"No problem. If you have any more questions, you know where to find me." He grinned.
This was sure going to be an interesting tour.
------------------------------------
Thanks for reading! <3