I Wanna Hold Your Hand So Tight I'm Gonna Break My Wrist

Healing wounds.

You’re sitting on Mikes couch playing video games with Jaime and Tony, completely smashing Jaime’s attempts at beating you. Tony sits on the end of the couch quiet. He didn’t seem to take to you and Mike as well as Jaime did so it’s still awkward between you. He hasn’t said anything about it to you, but you get the feeling he doesn’t exactly approve and you don’t mention it around him. Whereas Jaime took to it fine, even commenting that he saw the signs of it happening.
‘So where’s Mike?’ Jaime asks, trying to put you off your game.
‘I’m not sure…He didn’t say.’ You reply.
‘He hasn’t been around a whole lot lately…’ He says sounding slightly concerned.
‘He’s just busy I guess…’ You try and shrug it off.
‘So this is where everyone’s hanging out…’ you hear a familiar voice and see Vic walk through the door.
‘Anyone want a drink?’ You ask before standing up and heading for the kitchen.
‘I’m good!’ Jaime yells, and you get no answer from Tony. You hear somebody follow you into the kitchen and turn around to see Vic leaning against the counter.
‘Mike’s not here?’ He asks.
‘Nope, he’s just a little busy.’ You reply smiling, but Vic see’s straight through it and knows something is wrong.
‘Is he finished with you already?’ he asks.
‘No, I told you. He’s just busy.’ You know you have nothing to worry about but it does worry you that Mike seems to be distant lately.
‘Are you sure? Because I don’t believe you. I can tell you’re worried about something, I know you.’ He replies.
‘Just don’t worry about it Vic…’ You try to end the conversation but he’s not about to give up.
‘I still care about you. You can talk to me. I don’t want you to get hurt.’ He eases out of his lean and steps closer to you.
‘There’s nothing wrong Vic. Fuck, why are you so quick to assume the worst of your brother?’ You try and shut him out. You can tell he wants to say something but he holds back when he hears the front door slam shut. Mike walks in to the kitchen to see Vic and looks at you concerned.
‘Is everything okay?’ Mike asks.
‘Everything’s fine.’ You smile at Mike, happy that he arrived in time to prove Vic wrong. Vic smiles at Mike sarcastically and leaves the room.
‘Was he giving you a hard time? ‘Mike asks you.
‘Kinda…he was just looking out for me though.’ You reply.
‘What did he say?’ Mike starts to look worried.
‘He was trying to ask me if you we’re cheating on me…’ You sigh.
‘We don’t need to explain ourselves to him. Don’t worry about it, he’ll get over it soon.’ He says putting his hands on your hips and kissing you on the forehead.
‘I’m just trying to make it easier on him when he’s around. But it’s so damn hard keeping away from you.’ He smiles, his hands creeping from your hips around your back and resting on your butt.
‘I know baby.’ You whisper before kissing him softly on the lips before he pulls you in for a more playful kiss. He gets caught up in the moment and pushes you back against the fridge and moves his hands down to unbutton your jeans while biting your lip.
‘Woah Mike, company!’ You remind him.
‘Fuckkkk…but I want you!’ He whines.
‘Not here…’ you smile at him and blush.
‘Let’s go to my room then.’ He suggests, rubbing his hand up your arm. You contemplate it for a second before deciding against it.
‘The guys are here…’ You smile, while Mike looks back at you in obvious pain.
‘C’mon.’ He sighs and takes your hand, following you back to the living room where Vic is now in your seat playing against Jaime.
‘That was a long drink!’ Jaime looks at you and winks. Tony looks at you and then Mike before pretending to be interested in the game, while Vic pretends he didn’t hear. Mike shakes his head and leads you over to the arm chair sitting down and pulling you onto his lap to prove a point to Vic, who again acts none the wiser. Jaime turns off the game, probably sick of being beaten by everyone in the room.
‘Ah just in time to go get me a beer!’ Mike remarks, looking directly at Jaime.
‘What? You were just in the kitchen!’ Jaime says.
‘Yeah but I’ve got a hottie on my lap…plus if you want a beer too you’ll do it.’ Mike bargains. You blush and he sits forward smiling and kisses your cheek. This time Vic clearly notices and the look on his face says everything he can’t. You feel bad so you jump up off Mike.
‘I’ll get them, who else wants?’ You take everyone’s order and head to the kitchen.
‘Hey…uh I’m going to head off now. I’ll see you later…’ Vic says standing in the door way.
‘Vic! Wait! You yell behind him. He stops and turns around waiting.
‘I’m sorry about Mike. He’s been trying really hard to be considerate of your feelings when you’re around…’ You begin but Vic cuts you off.
‘But decided to give up today? It’s okay, you guys can’t be expected to tiptoe around my feelings forever…’ He smiles faintly. You frown.
‘I have to get over it eventually’ he continues before turning around and heading for the door again. He stops and turns around.
‘Can I ask you something? And please answer honestly…’ He asks. You feel your heartbeat race wondering what he wants to ask.
‘Sure..’ You reply.
‘Do you still have feelings for me? Like any at all…no matter how small?’ He looks you dead in the eyes.
You take a deep breath in.