20 Dollar Nose Bleed

The Discovery.

I found out that vampires were real while staying with my parents. I know that sounds stupid. I know your probably thinking "Well someones had a few too many eggnog." but I haven't. Want to know how I know? He killed my parents. Then tried to kill me.

I wandered into the house dragging my suitcase. The front door was unlocked, the lights were off and the house was cold. Like it had been unused for a while. This was weird for my parents and I had a moment of wonder if I had walked into the wrong house.

That thought soon faded as I heard my Mother laugh. I followed the sound into the front room, put my bag down, opened my arms and smiled.

"Look who's come to town-" I stopped.

This wasn't right. There were two people stood in the middle of the front room, one dipping the other, and the lights were off. At first I thought Mum and Dad were sharing a kiss and so planned on spooking them.

I turned the light on and gasped. Blood. There was lots and lots of blood. Staining the white carpet, smeared along the cream walls. A lot of it was coming from the body splayed out at the floor. I soon realised that was my Father. My own Father lying in his own front room, lifeless and drained of blood.

"What's happening!" I screamed and the figures in the middle of the room moved.

The woman slumped to the floor, her lifeless eyes boring into my own. Mother.

I held back a scream and looked at the figure who had now turned to look at me. He was smiling. Wickedly. I saw the fangs first, dripping with blood. But he soon fixed that. He wiped his mouth with the back of his hand and chuckled darkly.

"Come to play?" he said, his voice layered with evil.

He was wearing a suit. One I recognised. I just don't remember where from.

"You look lost. Want some help?" he smiled again and stepped towards me.

I stepped back and he stopped, cocking his head to the side.

"So you have come to play. I'll give you five seconds." he taunted.

"One..."

I was off. Running. Literally for my life. I don't know if it was five seconds but he was behind me quickly. I knew he could catch me. He was just playing with my first. But at least I was outside. If I stay on busy streets I should be okay.

My legs began to scream at me as I ran down another street. I contemplated knocking on someones door and asking for help but decided against it. They wouldn't let me in. They'd shut the door on me and ring the police about a crazy girl going around.

I felt myself begin to slow and suddenly he was stood in front of me. He grabbed me and spun me around so my back was against his chest. He leant down to my ear and I could hear him smiling.

"Game over." he announced and tipped my head to the side for best access to my neck.
I shut my eyes and bit back a scream. I would not die screaming. I would die fighting. I lifted a leg slightly and got ready to kick but a voice cut me off.

"Let her go."

I opened my right eye and looked for the person the voice belonged to. I recognised the voice.

"I said: Let. Her. Go." the voice repeated it.

Brendon? The boy from the pet shop? It was him. Why he was here I don't know. Not that I had asked but he didn't look like he knew anyone in Arizona. But who was I to judge.
The vampire behind me shifted me slightly so her hand was around me neck. I knew he was grinning again. I really wanted to kick him.

"What are you going to do?" he snarled.

Brendon looked down and smiled, laughing slightly. He looked up and winked at me. I frowned.

"Let's just say I know some very important people."

Again I frowned. What did he mean by important people? I knew there was something weird about him.

"Like who? I could kill you before you blinked." my capture growled.

"I doubt that." another voice said from behind us.

I was spun around quickly, his hand smacking my throat making me cough slightly. There stood William in that same suit but without the fur. I knew I recognised my captures suit. It was similar to theirs.

"William Beckett!" he yelled and grabbed me harder.

I squirmed and William stepped forward with his hand out stretched. He didn't get there quick enough and I soon lost consciousness. Great. Here I am being attacked by a vampire when two people I have only spoken to once turn up and the only thing I can do is faint.

Typical girl.