20 Dollar Nose Bleed

The Healing.

"Wake up."

"No." I said rolling onto my stomach, then quickly rolling back after forgetting about my arm.

"You're obviously awake."

"No I'm not Pete."

"Liar."

"I don't lie. I'm too cute." I said sticking my bottom lip out but keeping my eyes shut.

"You keep telling yourself that. Fine you don't have to get up but you need to drink this." he said and moved towards my bed.

I opened my eyes slightly and glared at the glass in his hand. It looked like Blackcurrant juice but you never know with him.

"What is it?" I asked suspiciously.

"Your medicine. Hidden in Blackcurrant juice. No poison." he said holding it out to me.

I took it warily and gave it a sniff. Well it was definitely juice. As for the medicine I couldn't smell anything so it should be okay. I looked back up to Pete.

"How did you get in?" I asked eyeing him warily.

"I'm a vampire. There's a whole load of things I can do." he said giving me a wink.

I rolled my eyes and took a sip of the drink. It tasted fine so I took a gulp.

"Taste good?" he asked cocking his head to the side.

"It tastes fine. Stop acting like you care." I spat taking another drink.

"Whoa," he said holding up his hands in surrender, "sorry for asking. Just trying to make conversation."

"Well how about you try getting out my room?" I said sweetly, narrowing my eyes at him.

I moved my arm slightly. It didn't hurt.... damn this medicine was good.

"Not until you finish your medicine." he said. He sounded like my Mother.

I suddenly wished I hadn't said that as tears stung the back of my eyes. I brought my knees up, rested my arms on them and wept into them. I suddenly didn't care that Pete was there or the fact that he was watching me cry. The only thing I cared about was this whole thing being over and done with so I could go home.

"Hey, hey shush. Don't worry about it. It's okay." Pete said sliding next to me on the bed and pulling me into a hug.

I was too sad to push him off so I just let him comfort me. Could be worse, he could be biting me.

"You're okay. It's all okay." he crooned.

I was suddenly very angry.

"Get off of me!" I yelled and smacked at him. "It's not okay. It's never going to be okay again!"

Pete looked at me a bit shocked and stepped off of my bed.

"Okay okay. I'm sorry." he said backing away.

I started laughing, all previous anger gone in an instant. Pete frowned.

"What? What's so funny?" he asked obviously confused.

"Ha ha! Nothing... ha ha.... it's just that.... ha ha... you're a big bad vampire and you're... ha ha... apologising to me!" I said wiping tears from my eyes.

Pete frowned for a second then smiled like he had discovered something brilliant. He leaned against the wall, smiled again and crossed his arms across his chest. I frowned at him.

"What?" I said sniffling slightly.

"Finish your medicine." he stated looking unamused.

"Yes Mother." I said sarcastically. All previous anger or sadness had been replaced with silliness.

I gulped down the last of it and stretched my arm out fully. It felt brilliant. No wait. It felt completely healed. I looked back to Pete who was completely grinning now.

"Jesus! What was that medicine? It works really well!!" I laughed happily and waved my arm about.

"Oh it's nothing really," he said checking his nails, "Just blackcurrant juice and vampire blood."

My jaw dropped.

"What did you say?" I said not willing to believe what he had just said.

"Vampire blood. My blood to be exact." he said smiling again.

I was going to be sick. That sick Jerk! I felt the bile rising in my throat and ran out the room, down the hall and straight into Patrick.

"Hey are you alright?" he asked looking at me but I just shoved past him.

I made a dash for the bathroom and barely made it to the toilet before I was spewing my guts everywhere. Patrick, bless him, followed me and held my hair back for me like a real gentleman. I was extremely embarrassed and extremely disgusted. That complete and utter dick! I was gonna kill him.

"Wednesday. Honey what's happened?" he said rubbing my back with one hand and holding my hair back with the other.

I lifted my head out of the toilet and grabbed some tissue to wipe my mouth with. I couldn't talk. I couldn't even think of what had happened. Luckily I didn't have to since the Dick himself walked into the bathroom and leaned against the door frame. When he spoke I could hear him smiling.

"She drank some of my blood. I told her. It made her puke." he said happily.

"You did what?!" Patrick yelled making me jump slightly. I'd never heard him this angry.

"It's not a big deal. I did it to heal her. And she hasn't taken enough to change her fully anyway. Even if she was killed." he said shrugging.

"What so if I was killed I'd just die. Is that it?" I spat. My mouth tasted foul.

"Pretty much yeah." he said shrugging again.

"And you wouldn't care?!" I yelled feeling terribly sick again.

"No."

"You monster! Get out!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs before turning to be sick in the bowl again.

"I just fixed your arm. You should be thanking me!" he said getting defensive again.

Patrick stood up and turned to face him.

"I think you should leave her alone now Pete. You've done enough for one day." he said coldly.

"Fine. If that how's you're going to be then fine. I'll leave."

"Good. Get out Pete." Patrick said while I threw up. (How attractive)

"I will. But remember Patrick. Some day soon she's going to die. That's how it is. They live then they die. That's life." I heard Pete say. Then he left.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments needed please. I wanna know if I'm doing a good job. :) Thank you to the 2 subscribers and the many readers. Love you lots. :) x