Status: Hey there, this is my favorite story

Lisbeth

Caved

The air smelled fresh and clean when we walked outside. The sun was just coming through the clouds, and birds were singing. I smiled and snapped a picture.
“Where do you want to go, Destery?” ‘There’s this place a little while away. I think you would like it.” He started off down the cliffs, arms swinging casually.

I followed closely, until suddenly he disappeared. “Destery? Where’d you go?” I called, searching the cliffs. “In here, Lisbeth. “ I saw his arm pop out from between some rocks, so I walked over and peered down. Destery was looking out at me from a hole in the ground.
He grinned at me and motioned towards the darkness. “Are you coming?” “Uh, yeah. Sure.” As we walked farther, it got darker. Just when I was getting nervous, Destery took a lighter out of nowhere and flicked it on. We didn’t speak until Destery stopped walking and sat down, taking his shoes and shirt off. “Erm, Destery? What are you doing?”

He looked up at me with an unexpected smile. “Don’t worry, Lisbeth. I’m not doing anything bad. It’s just wet where we’re going.” “Okay...” As we walked farther I heard the sound of rushing water, and the rock around us became damp. “When I was younger, we used to have parties here.”
“You went to parties?” I couldn’t really imagine Destery wanting to hang out around lots of people, much less the insanity that is high school parties. “My mom said it would make us look good. Like I’m normal.” His voice was flat, but he frowned and turned away from me. I resisted the urge to touch his shoulder. I knew it wouldn’t comfort him.

“I’m guessing you didn’t enjoy the parties?” “Yeah. But I liked where we partied.” As he finished talking we stepped into a large cavern with a pool of water. Beer cans and cigarette butts littered the floor, along with a bunch of other random trash.
“I can see this being a good place to party.” He shrugged and headed over to the water. “I had sex here for the first time.” When he turned and saw me staring he flushed. “That’s something I shouldn’t say, then?” “Uh, yeah.”

To be honest, I was picturing what it must be like to have sex with Destery. He’s just the kind of person who inspires that thought. I had the feeling it would be really good. I was shaken out of my thoughts when Destery dove in the water, disappearing almost immediately.
Fear clenched around my heart. “Destery!” I dove in after him. It was really, really stupid of me, cause the water was shallow. I hit my head on the bottom and passed out.