Status: Fin.

My Life as a Navy Wife

Just another day

A few days later and I'm sitting on the sofa in our apartment texting Jack to remind him to get bread and milk, a smile plastered on my face. A slight knock on the door causes me to tilt my head in that direction then walk across the room, opening the door. Lucille frowns when she sees me but then smiles widely.

"What are you doing here Lyn?" she asks, her voice puzzled but excited.

"Jack and I were sorting out buying the apartment and stuff, he didn't tell you I was here?" I ask as I make us each a coffee.

"No he didn't, which is unusual cause he normally gushes every time he gets to see you," Lucy smiles.

"Hmm, well I don't know why he didn't mention it, we planned it a while ago, I've been here for a few days now," I tell her and we sit at the table and talk until Jack comes home.

He frowns when he sees Lucille and I sitting at the table together and I get up to help him put the groceries away as Lucille asks him why he hadn't told anyone I was coming to stay. Jack grumbles about how he just wanted his fiance to himself for once, causing Lucille and I to both smile and tease him for being such a sweetheart.

When Lucille goes home to get ready for her night shift Jack and I curl up on the couch together and just lay there, enjoying the feeling of each other's company. Not a word is said for quite a while until Jack's stomach growls and I take the initiative to get up and begin cooking dinner for the two of us.

Jack leaves me to it as he goes to take a shower and I sing softly as I prepare the stir-fry and rice. Once the meal is finished I get Jack a beer from the fridge and pour myself a glass of water. I place our dinner on the table and then set about finishing the lemon meringue pie for dessert. Once that's finished I place it in the fridge to cool and by then Jack is out of the shower and we sit together to eat. The food is still piping hot and I welcome the cold water to help cool my throat. Once we've both cleared our plates I take the dishes and place them in the sink to wash up later and then sevre Jack a piece of the pie with a few scoops of ice-cream, his eyes light up like a kid on Christmas and I smile at him, placing a kiss on his temple and beginning to wash up the days dishes.

Once he's finished his dessert he places his plate by the sink and attempts to coax me away from the washing up, telling me to let him do it. I simply shake my head and tell him to go watch the news, he makes a disapproving noise with his tongue and then walks into the lounge room switching on the TV. Once the kitchen is back to my standards I take a shower and join Jack on the couch, resting my head on a pillow in his lap.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys I'm back, I hope you like this, I have so many chapters written for you, I'm actually nearly finished writing the story!

I appologise for how long its been, my family got really screwed over by the internet company, its still not fixed but its working well tonight so I decided to post up a chapter for you guys. Hope you enjoy it <3