Status: Fin.

My Life as a Navy Wife

Lipstick

Life was hell without Jack for those first few weeks, all I could think of was how much I missed him, the feel of his hands running through my hair and the way he would smile at me and especially the way he would wake up to my alarm, turn it off before I woke up and wake me by running his fingers through my hair and along my cheek, softly whispering my name. Now I wake up to the high pitched beeping of the alarm clock, every time I roll over and realise that he's not next to me, or even in the same state as me my heart sinks.

I walk to the bathroom, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, I shower and then look in the bottom drawer of the vanity and push things around looking for the new lip stick I know is in there. Its not until I accidentally spill a box of tampons that I realise what day it is. I dash out of the bathroom and look at the calendar and my face scrunches up as I become increasingly perplexed. The last time I had my period was 2 months ago, on February 5th just 3 days before my wedding. I check the calendar again then look at the one on my phone… today is April 12th, I am without a doubt well overdue on my monthly.

I dash down to the little shop thats on the ground level of the building next to ours and buy what I need. Arriving back in our apartment I do what I need to for the test and as I wait for it to develop I dress for work. The little blue line on both tests tell no lies and my heart beats as I realise that I am indeed going to have my husband's baby.
♠ ♠ ♠
Its short but to the point :) new chapter to be posted soon, if my internet is still working in 12 hours it might be up then. :)
Big thank you to my commenters and subscribers, you're wonderful :)