Broken but Living

#11

“What the hell happened to me?” Matt sighed, placing his head in his large hands and pulling off his hat, dropping it onto the floor in front of him and sighing deeply.

Sky stared at him from the other sofa. Her arms were crossed over her chest and she was biting her thumb nail. She had her legs crossed tightly and her eyes fixed onto Matt. He had been mumbling to himself for about half an hour, his eyes sometimes wondering up to Sky but then quickly back to the floor again. Sky couldn't move her eyes away from him. He was like a time bomb. A huge, insane time bomb.

She sighed and ran a hand through her hair. She had just got everything sorted. She had just gotten over the trauma from her kidnapping and now everything was kicking off again. Could nothing ever be normal? All she wanted was a nice, quiet relationship with her husband after all the drama.

“Matt do you think you need help?” She asked quietly, tensing up as she waited for him to answer.

He shook his head slowly before lifting his head and narrowing his eyes, “Of course I don't. There's nothing wrong with me.”

Sky nodded, pursing her lips and biting the inside of her cheek. She was on edge, “I have an idea.”

He stared at her for a moment before falling back into the corner of the chair, “What is it?”

She took a huge breath in, “How about we go to counselling sessions twice a week. We can sort out your problems and spend some time together.”

He stayed silent for a moment, rubbing his chin and creasing his eyebrows, “No. You won't turn up and I'll go by myself looking like a fucking idiot.”

“I promise I'll go to every session.”

“If you promise, then I will.”

“I do, I promise but you have to promise to leave me and Brian to our marriage. I don't want anything to do with you outside of those sessions, got it?”

He nodded once before turning his head and closing his eyes, “Sure.”

Sky felt impressed. She didn't expect it to be that easy, she didn't expect him to react like that either, that was a huge shock. If she spoke to him like that when she lived with all the guys in the mansion, he would have for sure beaten the crap out of her. He had changed. He hadn't changed completely for the good but at least he can control his physical anger now.

He brought another hand up and rubbed his hair. He had let it grow for a while. Sky guessed it was because he always had it sort back when he was in the gang, it was a change of image. He obviously wanted to leave his past far behind him.

“Layla would be so mad with me.” He breathed, closing his eyes and resting his hands behind his head, “River was her best friend.”

Sky felt her mouth suddenly go extremely dry. She bit her lip and moved her eyes to her hands sat on her lap. What could she say? And why the hell was he back to talking about all of this again? Then, as if she was saved by the bell, the front door swung open followed by heavy breathing and fast footsteps. Brian appeared in the doorway, his forehead full of sweat and his chest beating in and out, fast.

“What's wrong?” He asked out of breath, moving over to Sky and sitting next to her. He wrapped a protective arm around her and inhaled the smell of her hair, a sigh of relief escaping his lips.

“Nothing, we were just talking.” Matt spat, rolling his eyes and running a tongue over his mouth.

“We're going to counselling sessions, twice a week.” Sky nodded once, turning her head so that she could see her husbands reaction.

He just cocked an eyebrow up, “T-That's it?”

Matt nodded slowly. He looked over at Sky and then back up at Brian, “Yep, that's it.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Check out my other story, Blinded.

I'm sorry for the horrible and short update that I haven't spell checked.

But I'll update again tomorrow if I get 5 comments :33

xo