Broken but Living

#8

The rush to get to the airport on time almost gave Brian a heart attack. He had never been good with stress and rushing around, it gave him a headache. Sky was shaking in the taxi back to their home, she hadn't slept for the flight. Just sitting and watching Brian sleep calmed her a little, it was nice knowing that he wasn't as worked up as she was.

“Brian,” She took a huge gulp and brushed her bangs away from her eyes, “I want to go to Matt's before we go home.”

He nodded once, “I'm going in there with you.”

Sky knew that Matt wasn't dumb enough to stay at his home, but she wanted to check there anyway just in-case he didn't suspect anything. Her heart was drumming a hundred times a minute in her chest, and her palms were sweaty. Winter had to be okay, she had to be.

Sky didn't acknowledge anything. She didn't look at his flashy car sat in the driveway, she didn't look at the exterior and beauty of his house, she didn't even look at the door when she slammed her fist on it. Everything seemed so unreal to her, she felt like she didn't have to, because any moment she would wake up and this would all be a huge nightmare.

She felt Brian grip a hold of her hand, squeezing it lightly as the door opened. Matt stood, panting and out of breath. His face consorted in anger, his hand drenched in thick blood.

Sky gasped, and before Brian could even react she had pushed Matt aside and sprinted into the living room. Winter was sat upright on the sofa, her nose spilling will blood. One eye supported a black bruise, the other a yellow bruise. She was shaking and when she saw Sky, her arms reached out in-front of her. Sky sat next to her and wrapped her arms around her neck pulling her into a hug listening to her quiet sobs and Matt and Brian arguing.

“You fucking animal! You're a fucking bastard! I hate you!” Sky screamed as Matt walked into the room. He stared at her with nothing but sorry eyes, his lip being bitten by his teeth. He reached his large hand out and placed it on Sky's cheek, only to have her slap it away and claw down his arm.

“Don't. Touch. Me.” She spat, pulling Winter closer to her, “Why have you done this Matt? Another girl, really? I thought you would of gotten fucking bored of it by now!”

“She reminds me of you.” He said simply, “She isn't you though.”

Sky swallowed. He was insane, she had turned him insane, “You're-”

“I'm not insane, I'm not.” He spat his eyes narrowing and his lips going into a straight line.

“You need therapy.” Brian chipped in, “We're happily married Matt.”

That seemed to send him into a frenzy. He ripped Winter away from Sky's arms and lifted her over his shoulder. Brian went to grab her, but he sprinted out of the room. Sky ran after him, Brian following. The door slammed in her face, the inside lock getting jammed in the doorway. Sky pulled at it, hearing a car engine start, her blood boiling.

Brian pushed her aside and snapped the door open, he sprinted out onto the driveway watching at Winter tried to kick open the door of Matt's cry, screaming for his help. But it was too late, they'd driven off.

“Brian!” Sky screamed from the house, watching his phone light up in her hand. She was shocked to see Matt calling him.

“Hello?” He answered panting for breath, “Get the fuck-”

“I'll do you a deal Brian.” Matt's voice was so calm, it send shivers up his spine. He pulled the phone away from his ear and clicked the loud speaker button, Sky looked up at him, wrapping her arms around his waist.

“Give me Sky for a month and I won't kill her.”

Brian's mouth fell open, “Matt I think we need-”

“No! Make the decision now Bri, I'm not fucking around here.”

Sky looked up at him and nodded slowly but Brian shook his head, he would not have that happen to her again, over his dead body, “You're fucking insane Matt. Just get back here so we can talk about this! We'll get you help.”

“Answer the question.” He said calmly, “I'll ask once more. Sky for a month, or Winter dead?”

Sky snatched the phone away from him, “I'll do it. Just bring her back here now.”

The phone went dead as she looked up at Brian. The couple felt there past creep up on them again, and stood in silence at the memories, both of them trying their best not to erupt into tears.
♠ ♠ ♠
Drama D: