New Destiny

Deep Sadness:Part 2

Mark laid calmly in his hospital bed. The nurse put the small cup of pills upon the little table beside him. He took the glass of water and took the pills. Swallowing, he felt much better.

Why? Because they were pain killers.

He took out the magazine he was reading and opened it. He sighed with pleasure, and relaxed.

Just then, making him jerk his head, Sandra busted into the room. "Mark! Mark!"

Tears filled her eyes.

He sat up, "What is the matter Sandra?"

"It's James....he..he..."

Mark shook with nervousness, "he what?"

"Oh Mark!" she cried, hugging Mark tightly.

"Is..is...he..he okay?"

Sandra shook her head, "N...No"

Mark's eyes filled with tears. he cried, soaking Sandra's purple sweater. She held him, trying to keep him calm.

"W...What happened to....him," he choked the last word with tears.

"He was in a car crash Mark."

Mark began to cry more.
**

Minutes after, when he could hold back his tears, he called for a nurse, "I need to see someone."

"I do not believe that is.."

"Do it!" Mark screamed.

"Okay...okay" and the young nurse grabbed a cane to support him while he walked down the hall to James' room.

When he got inside, he saw James. he was bandaged, and a life support was strapped into him. "Oh god!" Mark cried, falling to his knees at the side of James' bed.

The machine made mechanical beeping sounds, showing that it was keeping him alive. Mark cried, and grabbed James' hand. He swallowed, "L...Listen James. I know you can not hear me, but...but I wanted to say I will still love you, no matter what injuries," he wiped away some tears, " and what damage you may have." he kissed him on the cheek and left the room to the doctor.

The doctor looked at him, "Yes, how can I help you?"

"What is James' condition?"

"Well," the doctor said, flipping through some papers, "he appears to be unstable. he has a 30% chance of surviving."

Mark looked at him with watery eyes.

The doctor sighed, "I am sorry."

Mark looked at James, "Ja...James, please, please live!" he looked at James.

Mark walked away from the machine, and from James, not wanting to look back.

He went back into his bed. He pondered in thought for a while.

And, He cried himself to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is sad...