New Destiny

Dates and Meetings

Sandra was getting ready for yet another date. She put on a black, simple skirt with a baby blue tank top with a sparkling butterfly design on it.

She heard a honk of a horn come from outside. She smiled and went downstairs to meet Darren. She kissed him. "Where are we going?"

"I was thinking a movie."

"Ooh, thats fun, what one?"

" I was thinking dark Knight."

Sandra shrugged her shoulders, "Sounds good to me."

She got in the car, and they drove to the movies.
**
After arrival, they bought the tickets, popcorn and sat in the theater. It was quite crowded, due to popularity, but they luckily found seats that were beside each other. The movie began, and they ate the popcorn, and upon occasion, kissed.
**
Darren and Sandra got into the car and Darren said, "I got to go somewhere, you stay here, okay?"

She nodded, "Okay"

He pulled up into a dark alley and got out. Sandra waited in the car, listening to the radio station, 'Hot 89.9'

She snapped her fingers to the tune, but out of curiosity, got out of the car and hid behind a wall. She heard voices, one of Darren's and a lower voice of an older man.

"You got the cash?" Darren's voice asked.

"Of course," the other voice said.

Sandra heard footsteps and she ran back into the car, and looked innocent when he came back. "So, you ready to go home?" Darren asked.

"Yes." Sandra said, turning off the radio.
***
The next day, everyone of the gang came to Sandra's house. She cleared her throat and began, "You know what happened during my date with Darren?"

Karen moved closer , "What?"

"Darren was in an alleyway, and he received money from come guy."

James' face went pale. Sandra looked at him with concerned eyes, "what is the matter."

"Nothing." He sipped his tea.

Sandra raised an eyebrow, "Okay....?But anyways, what do you think it was for?"

"Prostitution?" Alex asked, giggling a little.

"Alex!" The others yelled. Alex's face trurned red, and he remained silent.

"Maybe a gang?" Karen said.

"Karen!" Sandra said, spilling her coffee.

Karen got some paper towels. " No I am serious, I have seen movies..."

"Movies are different than real life," Violet said, holding Alex's hand.

"I know...but...ah forget it. I forgot." Karen said, lightly slapping her forehead.

"Should I still date him?"

"Of course!" Everyone said, and gave little laughs.

"Okay, okay..." Sandra said, and she brought everyone's cups into the dishwasher.

everyone waved good bye, and Sandra was all alone. She called Darren.

Three rings came, but no answer.

She sighed, and flipped her cellphone closed. She sat upon her couch and watched television.