Status: Active

It Should've Been Me Instead Of Him

"It's because I met you."

John.

After took some showers, I got changed into my white v-neck and a pair of basketball shorts. Those are my favorite. I took a glass of mineral water from the kitchen for Julie, just for her because I was sure Zack had returned to his house. And I was dumbfounded when I opened the door and watched a scene in Julie's bedroom. There I saw Julie and Zack shared a passionate kiss, but more. His lips wandered around her face to her jaw line. And luckily Zack stopped his actions when they saw me at the doorstep. Julie was dumbfounded seeing I was watching a disgusting scene between her and her fucking boyfriend, like I was. Her face turned red. Luckily Zack stopped his actions, I was sure he'd do more if I didn't show my face off.

"S-sorry, sorry I don't know if you-" I stuttered and could see Julie's eyes focused at me.

A sly smirk formed on Zack's face, making me want to punch it. "Oh it doesn't matter, John." He kissed Julie's forehead before walking toward me. "I'm gonna go home, dear. I'm sure you'll be okay with John. Isn't it right, John?" He winked at Julie as he patted my shoulder before leaving.

After gave Zack a slight nod, I sat on the edge of her bed. Looking into her eyes. "Um.. Are you sure you don't want to see doctor?"

"Of course I'm sure, John."

Her pale face didn't show that she'd be okay if she didn't go to clinic but I couldn't do anything. I couldn't force her. I could just do what she wanted me to. "Alright then I think you'll be better if you take a rest. How about naps?"

She showed an amazing smile before nodding and I helped her to set her pillows before she laid down to sleep. I wished her sleep tight and stroked her hair before leaving.

*****


As I passed Julie's room to my bedroom, I heard her cell phone rang but she didn't answer it. I tried to open her room door and it actually unlocked so I stepped in and saw her still sleeping tight. I intended to wake her up but I was afraid if I'd make her headache hurt her more when she woke up then. I felt calm when I saw her sleeping in her position, she was hugging a teddy bear and she looked so cute with closing eyes. I kissed her forehead quietly in order not to interrupt her and grabbed her cell phone before looking at the name on the screen. It was Alex. I moved farther by the window as I picked up.

"I miss you so bad, my little cousin. So sorry I haven't called you. It was because of so many important things in the company so-" Alex talked without letting me tell him I wasn't Julie and she was still being a sleeping beauty.

"Uh Alex, just let me speak."

"Hey who the hell are you? Where's Julie? Oh wait.. Is it John?" Alex guessed.

I just chuckled hearing what he said, oh god I just knew if my best friend; the adorable guy had a ridiculous thing which I didn't know. His voice sounded freaking out and I knew it was because he worried about his cousin, he loved her, like I did. "Of course it's me, dude. And... Your cousin's still being a sleeping beauty."

"Oh wow!" He exaggerated. "She sounded so exhausted. What did you do this morning? I swear I'll kill you if you did something to her."

I could hear him smirking on the other line and I could know what he thought. Hooked up. "Whatever you say. I don't really know but she's getting sick."

"How come? You didn't take care of her?" His voice sounded worrying again as I sighed. "Have you brought her to the hospital?"

"Oh no, she didn't want to. She said she was fine. I couldn't-" I didn't continue my words as I turned at Julie and saw her already woke up, unless I smiled and walked toward her before sitting on the edge of the bed, right near her feet.

"John? Are you still there, John? John fucking O'Callaghan?!"

"Oh yeah, sorry. She just woke up, you wanna talk to her?" After got a simply 'absolutely' from Alex, I told Julie as she threw her covers back and sat upright before I handed her phone. "It's Alex."

She just nodded briefly and focused at what Alex said on the phone afterward. "Oh I'm fine, Lexy. Alright I have to obey you. Bla-bla-bla."

She hung up and tossed her phone on the nightstand before turning to face me. I saw her face and caught her changing expression. "What's wrong?"

"You just told him I got sick and now he wants me to see doctor. Happy?" she explained sarcastically and I just laughed at her. "It shows you're happy, doesn't it?"

I gave her a warm smile before placing my hand on her forehead, finding out her temperature was so high. "You always know, it'll never make me happy if you're sick like this." I sighed. "You're fever and I have to-"

"Bring me to the clinic?" She raised an eyebrow. "Fine. It was the one Alex wanted me to."

*****


"So I hope you'll never let her trapping in the rain again." Dr. Vicky said as she smiled and handed Julie her medicine. "And get well soon, Julie."

"Yeah, I promise I'll never do that again doc." I replied as I smiled and Julie just nodded in response.

As we went out of dr. Vicky practice room, Julie asked me to take her to a diner. She said she starved and it was already 6 pm, time to dinner. I pulled my car out of the driveway before driving to the nearest diner.

After we got full, we decided to get back home soon. I thought Julie would be better if she took her medicines and slept tight. Once we arrived in our driveway, I forbade her getting out the car before I walked to her side and opened the door for her. I didn't want her to do everything by herself in the condition of ailing. I was scared if it'd harm her, she might fell down and so on. So I walked her to her bedroom and waited for her to take her medicines first before I left.

"Good night, Julie." I gave her a small smile before stroking her hair and stepping toward the door.

"John?"

"What's it?" I didn't know what to say, so yeah. I just walked back toward her and sat on the edge of her bed.

"Um.. Thanks for taking care of me." She said doubtfully as she looked down and looked back up at me when I squeezed her hand gently. "May I ask you one thing?"

"Oh yes, of course. What's that, Julie?"

"Why are you changing your attitude? I mean, you're so cold but you're so friendly and full with smile lately and-" she paused as I touched her cheek with my finger, she froze before finally continued. "I hope you aren't mad at me because of this silly question."

I sighed as I stood up, but kept focusing my eyes at her whom was looking at my eyes right now. "Oh it's-" I guessed my face turned red because I felt it burned, I was ashamed to admit it. To admit that I loved her but then I took a deep breath to calm myself down, thinking of what I'd say to her whom was waiting for my answer. "Of course, I'm not mad at you. I'll never be."

She smiled and a relief seemed in her eyes. I stroked her hair again before bending toward her to reach her ear. I wanted to whisper it onto her ear. I wished she could her it clearly.

I cleared my throat. "It's because I met you Julie." She flinched and I just smiled. "Well then, you have to sleep now. Sweet dreams."

I planted a sweet kiss on her forehead before leaving, without her responses.
♠ ♠ ♠
John's being so sweet! He takes care of Julie so much and it seems like Julie enjoyed it :)
So we'll see what happens in the next chapter!
If you could, please comment about my bad grammar too.
Thank you for being faithful with this story!
I love you guys so much!! <3
Keep reading/commenting/subscribing :)