Status: Active

It Should've Been Me Instead Of Him

"I'll go with you if you want me to."

Julie.

The last lesson I had to attend today was French and I was lucky because Luna was with me in that class. She was such an expert in French and she helped me so much. Maybe I was able to everything but I was vulnerable in French because my old high school in London used Spanish as the foreign language, not French. So I couldn't pay much attention throughout a whole lesson, just imagining about what Zack would do to make me happy this afternoon. He used to make any surprise in our relationship and I loved it. Once I imagined about it, Luna's hand waved over my face and snapped me out of my thoughts.

"What the fuck's going on?" Luna asked me in confusion as her eyes looked at me oddly. "Are you going crazy?"

"What? Nothing's going on." I wrinkled my nose, didn't understand what she meant. "And please.. that snotty word. I've told you-"

She rolled her eyes, cutting my words. "Never say snotty words in front of you. But then, I'm just curious. It must be something's going on if you smiled the whole lesson. And you know what? It's ended up already."

"Really?" I rolled my eyes before giggling, making her more confused. "I just imagined about my boyfriend and today's our third week."

"Third week? Even you've never told me you had a boyfriend." She raised an eyebrow before showing a sly smirk. "Don't tell me if he's John."

My cheeks burned, Luna always knew if I had a thing towards John. I shook my head weakly as we walked toward canteen. "Nope, he's just my best friend."

"How come?! You quite often-"

"Fought with him?" I faked a smirk and Luna just nodded as we took a table at the corner of the canteen, our favorite. "If you thought we couldn't be best friends just because we quite often fought, then why did you think we could be a couple?"

Luna was dumbfounded hearing what I just said, she snapped out my hair before smiling. "Yeah, you're right. But I think you guys might be, perhaps you told him that you loved him." She whispered onto my ear and smirked before Cameron popped up.

Cam gave Luna a warm hug before kissing her on the lips. They were a cute couple though. I shook my head towards Luna's words before, then Cam made a look. "You guys looked so serious, what happened?"

"Look at your best friend, honey." Luna told Cam with a sly smile on her face. "She has a boyfriend now."

"Really?" Cam beamed before snapping out my hair, making me pout. "You've never told us, have you?"

"She hasn't, it's why we debated." Luna answered for me as my cell phone vibrated.

I grinned innocently at them after reading a text from Zack which told that he was already in the driveway. "I'm so sorry guys, but my boy's in the driveway already."

I waved at them before leaving but Cam grabbed my wrist, making me stopped my steps and turned at him. "How about a double date tonight? I want to meet your boy though."

I looked at Luna. She nodded and smiled slightly, showing she agreed with Cam. I did too but I shrugged. "Okay, but I'm not sure he can."

*****


As I spotted Zack standing by his car, I ran toward him before hugging him tightly. He set me on my feet before kissing me on the lips, his kiss was gent but I didn't like it because he did it in the public area. I hated it when my friends could see us. I asked him to take me home faster and he just nodded in agreement. The drive home was completely awkward, not as usual. We could involve in the awkward moment if we were with John and I didn't really know why it was. We had never been in the awkward moment if we were alone because he was my mood booster. He always could make me smile whenever.

I hesitated to tell Zack about Cam's plan but then I had to do that, I didn't want to make my best friends disappointed because I had been agree with them and I guessed Zack wouldn't mind. "Zack?"

"Yes honey?" He answered without looking away from the road.

"My friends.. Umm.. I mean my best friends. They wanted to get to know you. They planned a double date tonight. You don't mind, do you?"

He sighed and I really thought it'd be a bad answer. "I don't mind, really I don't. But I can't.. I'm so sorry."

"Why?"

"I'm really sorry about it, I'm not going to make you disappointed." He cracked a smile as he turned to face me and rubbed my cheek with his thumb. I really loved the way he treated me, he really was my type. As we arrived in my driveway, he was gonna tell me the reason but suddenly his cell phone rang, he picked up immediately. "... Yeah, I know... I'm taking my girl home now... Don't worry, you know my flight at 5 this evening."

Flight? What was Zack talking about? Whom did he talk to? Was he gonna leave me? I was sure he wasn't, he used to be with me. As he hung up, I looked at him in the eyes. "Zack.." My voice cracked. "Who was that? Why were you mentioning about flight?"

He turned at me. His hands held my arms as he sighed. "It was my sister Hillary, I was gonna tell you about it. But then-.. Okay." He practically hugged me and whispered me. "I hope you'll understand. Hillary called me days ago, telling me that I had to go back to Towson. It was about my clothing line, Amerrickan. And she just reminded me."

"What the-" I paused as I pulled away and Zack looked at me in disbelief. "Alex left me about two months ago and now you-"

"I hope you can understand it." He pulled my hand and kissed on it but I pulled it back before getting out the car and slamming the car door hard behind me. I had never thought that everyone I loved would leave me one by one. I ran into the house and passed John in the lounge area but I didn't care. I didn't want to meet anyone. I wanted to be alone right now. I was just upset and had to calm myself down with some naps. Once I reached my bedroom, I threw my body onto the bed and took my cell phone from my bag, typing a text for Luna soon.

Julie: Luna, my boyfriend had to go to Towson this evening. And about the double date.. Tell Cam how sorry I am.

I tossed my cell phone on the nightstand and buried my face on the pillow before hearing my door room swung open. It must be John. He sat on the edge of the bed and my cell phone vibrated. I sat upright to take it from the nightstand but John took it first. He read the text and I didn't know why I didn't mind. He gave it back to me as he was done.

Luna: It doesn't matter baby. You know maybe it won't be a double date but then we can just spend the time together as best friends :)

I just smiled towards the text and suddenly John pulled me into his lap and hugged me tightly. "Just tell me what happened about the double date. You know I'm gonna help you."

My tears practically fell down and made John's t-shirt completely wet in the chest. He just stroked my hair and rested his chin on my head without saying anything else before I lifted up my head from his chest and looked up at him, shaking my head. "I'm-I'm sorry of being so childish, John."

"Shh.. shh.." He soothed me as he rubbed my cheeks with his thumbs, wiping my tears away. "Just tell me, Julie."

"Zack.. He has to go back to Towson for Amerrickan, hasn't he told you?"

"Nope." He shook his head and his eyes just focused at mine. His green eyes were soft, making me calm down. "Umm.. I'll go with you if you want me to."

"Really?" My voice cracked and I thought it sounded beaming. I didn't know what my face looked like but all I knew I was happy just because of John's statement.
♠ ♠ ♠
What will happen in the next chapter?
Oh so sorry guys it took so long :/

Hope you enjoy!