Status: Active

It Should've Been Me Instead Of Him

"You guys are a great couple though."

John.

I knew as well that I didn't have to answer her question, I just had to nod my head so I did it. I practically smiled as I saw her beaming towards my statement. I was happy if she was too. Suddenly she hugged me and I surprisingly hugged back.

"Thank you, John." She whispered as she smiled. "You're the best. Now I know why Alex likes you so much. It's because you're too kind."

I blushed hearing her words. "Don't exaggerate, Julie Carl Stewart."

She pulled away a sudden and looked at me in the eyes. "What?"

"Don't exaggerate."

"No, you just said my full name." The smile on her face faded. "Even I don't know yours."

"Hey." I smiled at her statement before ruffling her hair and throwing my arm on her shoulders. "We're best friends and I thought it was strange if we didn't know our full name each other. Mine is John Cornelius O'Callaghan the fifth."

"Oh, the fifth?" A smile re-grew on her cute face and I just nodded my head at her before suddenly her cell phone rang, not just vibrated as before so I thought it was a call not a text. She grabbed it immediately and saw the name on the screen but then she rejected the call and tossed it onto the nightstand. I saw her facial expression changed and she just looked down at her hand. Then she just ignored the call when her phone rang once more.

I grabbed her phone from the nightstand, seeing the name on the screen. It was Zack. I grabbed her wrist and made her looked up at me, her eyes questioned what I'd do towards her and I answered it with forcing her to take back her phone and talk to Zack. She just shook her head but then I kept trying.

"Please just pick it up. He'll just sorry and you just need to understand him."

"I do understand him, John." She paused and looked down before looking back up at me. "I'm just still upset at him.. You can pick it up for me, can't you?"

I sighed, I always couldn't let her begging me. I just nodded and picked the phone up. "It's John, Zack. What's up?"

"Can you just let me talk to Julie?"

"She.." I motioned for Julie to talk to Zack but she pouted and shook her head. "She doesn't want to talk to you."

"Just give the phone to her. I'm her boyfriend and now I just wanna talk to her."

"No matter who you are, I said she doesn't want to talk to you. She's just too tired and needs to take a rest right now."

"Fuck you! Don't you ever try to make me mad and pretend to either be so kind or care about her! You're just an asshole! You know as well she's mine and not yours! You don't have to get involved affair between me and her! Just take care of your own affair!"

"I do know that but you know as well I'm also her best friend, don't you?" I started to be upset as he was being so rude and started to show how jerk he was. But I kept calm, I wouldn't do silly things in front of Julie.

"What did he say?" Julie spoke up before grabbing her phone from my hand. "I just don't wanna talk to you, Zack! Don't blame on John!"

She hung up and turned off her phone before looking at me in silence. I put my hands on her jaw line and made her looked into my eyes. I looked into hers, it watered. Tears started streaming down onto her face. She was so whiny. She looked more vulnerable than she should be. She tought of this too much. I knew she was childish but then she really was also a thinker. "It's okay, Julie."

*****


It was 7.45 pm already. Julie had said that the double date would start at 8 pm. It meant just 15 minutes left but she hadn't done doing her makeup yet since 15 minutes ago. I had no idea what she was doing inside her bedroom. I thought she didn't have to do makeup so much because her face had already been created so perfect. But I couldn't wait either to see how beautiful she was after doing her makeup. She must've been so perfect then!

I was ready with my tuxedo, waiting for her in front of her bedroom door. I guessed we'd be late if we hadn't gone yet in 5 minutes because the drive to Crispo needed 10 minutes and finally.. I encouraged myself to knock the door, but suddenly it opened and Julie showed up with a cute mini dress.

She smiled at me. "Sorry, you've been waiting for so long. It must've been so bored."

"N-no, no." I stuttered, admiring how adorable she was. I smiled shyly to admit.. "You're just too-"

"Too what?" She chuckled, covering her mouth with her hand.

"Too perfect." I admitted and she blushed. "Then we have to go now or we'll be late." She nodded.

The traffic jam was really sucks, not as usual. As we arrived at the parking lots. I rushed to glance at my watch. Shit! It was 8.15 pm. We were late and I felt really guilty. I didn't like everyone who had usually been late but then I myself had been late. Couldn't forgive myself! I sighed.

As we entered Crispo, Julie's hand held mine and never let go of it. I was glad, actually. Her eyes wandered around the restaurant and a smile grew on her face after someone with a dark blue mini dress standing up and walking toward us. It was Luna. She hugged Julie and smiled at me.

"You guys are a great couple though." She winked at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's kinda sucks. Sorry :/