Status: Active

It Should've Been Me Instead Of Him

"You'll be perfect together."

Julie.

My eyes widened as Luna talked about me and John. "You guys are a great couple though."

I guessed my cheeks turning red because I felt heat up. Just imagined, it was in front of John. How embarrassed this moment was. Luna pulled my wrist, leading me towards the booth where Cam had already sat there and John just followed behind. I turned to face John but he just smiled at me and shook his head towards Luna's words.

As Cam saw John following behind me and Luna, he smiled at me. I knew he must've guessed that John was my boyfriend, like Luna did. Just like I wanted too. He got up before telling us to take a seat. Cam was smart and born in a noble family so his attitude was so good.

"Nice to meet you again, John." He offered a hand to shake with and John shook it with a nod and a smile on his face. "I've never thought if you two-"

"Me too, Cam." Cam turned to face Luna as she nudged his arm and showed a sly smirk. "I had thought of it before but then Julie said no and I gave up. And now, apparently you guys are really a couple. A great couple to be exact!" She winked.

I was being more embarrassed right now. What did Luna say? I had never thought if she'd do that. I squeezed my eyes shut and just shook my head. "No! No, we weren't a couple though. John's just my best friend and everybody knows it." I didn't pay attention to John's reaction. "And I've said my boyfriend went to Towson this evening, haven't I?"

I didn't understand why I felt it was wrong. What I said was the opposite of my feelings. Luna chuckled and so did Cam, but I didn't hear John's laughter. I also didn't want to turn to face him because I was afraid of his reaction. Never imagined of what it'd be. "Just admit it, Julie." Luna started it again and I rolled my eyes. "You'll be perfect together." Cam showed his thumb at me.

I knew it and I really want to but then..

"Hell no!" I swore I had never said snotty words before. "I've already said so many times that we were best friends, can't you understand?" I had never felt more embarrassed than this moment, it was in front of John.

"Shh.. Just be calm." Suddenly a hand squeezed mine and I turned to face a guy beside me, John. Now he was showing his warm smile. "Luna, she's right. We're just best friends. Zack went to Towson so now he can't exist here with you guys. I came here as her best friend not boyfriend."

I dropped my jaw. It was right. It proved that he regarded me as his best friend not more. Cam threw his arm around Luna's shoulders. "See? He's just her best friend. Don't insist, baby." He chuckled and so did she. I guessed she wasn't mad either at my or John's statement. I was lucky because she was the best of best friends though. She was mature, it was why I loved her.

Stresses decreased inside of me as a waiter walked over our booth. I just looked down at the table as the other was ordering their orders until suddenly a hand waved over my face and blurred my reverie. John asked what I wanted for the dinner but I just shrugged, not knowing what should I order. Luna chose for my meals and I agreed instantly because I didn't even know what Italian foods tasted like.

As we waited for our orders, Cam started our conversation. "How's Alex, Julie? Haven't met him for long time makes me miss him." He joked.

I chuckled. "He's fine in London. What makes you ask about him?"

He shrugged. "Just curious what he's doing because he has said that he's a musician and I'm gonna make a little business. Umm.. A guitar course and who knows he'll want to join me?"

I laughed. "Is that important now? He's been awhile in London to manage his parents' company. Maybe he'll be back here next month? I don't really know." Then I remembered what Alex had said that he and John were musicians at the first time I was being close to John. "Anyways, John's also a musician. Right, John?"

John just nodded and smiled. "Yep, you know as well. You must've already been told by Alex."

"Yeah." I turned to face John before looking back to Cam. "But I've never seen him singing or playing guitar or.. Somewhat like that." I rolled my eyes.

John laughed. "Just too lazy. I was a lead singer of a band when I was in high school, I also can play guitar and piano as well." He smirked. I had never known about it though. He was too cruel, not letting me know all about him.

"How great you are!" Luna squealed. "What if you join my boyfriend?"

"Good idea! How?" Cam was agree with Luna.

As the waiter came back to our booth with our orders, John had been agree with Cam's offers. They were gonna do that together. They were gonna be best friends and I was happy for that. Now John would do something in his days, not just watching tv or doing anything bored at home. He'd help Cam teaching in Cam's guitar course to-be. And eventually I was gonna see him being more attractive with his skills of music. I loved music though.

A whole dinner we spent with talking about Cam's plan about his guitar course. He was gonna make his basement as the studio where his students would learn about how to play the guitar well until become the professional guitar player. And the result of our conversation was we'd help Cam clean up his basement tomorrow and John and Cam would start the guitar course the day after cause they had already had many students, Cam said.

Once we finished, we said goodbye to each other. Tonight was a beautiful night. My second beautiful night in New York. The drive home wasn't awkward. John talked much about how happy he was and he thanked me of dragging him to the double date. It proved what Alex said when I asked him about what happened with John on my third day in New York. John was talkative and cheerful, actually. He was just totally perfect..
♠ ♠ ♠
The four of them will be perfect together. 2 best couples ever! If only Julie hadn't been Zack's girl yet. But now... Let's see!

I lost two subscribers :(
I know the last chapter was terrible. So sorry! Let's just enjoy this story again :)