Status: Active

It Should've Been Me Instead Of Him

"Since when am I being your responsibility?"

John.

"Thanks for the ride," I said to Luna as I get out of the car.

"Wait.. wait.. What do you mean?" She said, getting out of the car and following me behind. "I have to see her too, she's my best friend."

"She is." I turned back to face her before placing my hands on her shoulders. "But you have to go back to Cam's, either. He must be waiting for you and will worry about you. And.. I don't want your friendship with her be broken because of me." I hugged her for awhile. "You're such a good friend but trust me, I can handle her. I promise."

*****


I grinned to myself remembering how long I hadn't stepped my feet into a club like this. It felt like forever but actually I hadn't gone to a club or bar since I got to know Julie. Almost a year ago.

My eyes wandered around the club. This place was terrible. There was drunk people anywhere and the music was too loud, making me feel dizzy although I wasn't drunk. Zack.. What kind of boyfriend he was for letting Julie get into this place?

As my thoughts flew anywhere, suddenly someone bumped into me. A girl with dark blonde hair, how she reminded me about Julie. "S-sorry."

She walked past me to the toilet. I widened my eyes once I recognize her voice. It must've been Julie. I walked through the crowded and grabbed her arm until she turned to face me. "Julie?"

With that, she looked up at me and she really was Julie. I hugged her thight but she pushed me away. "Who the hell are you? How dare a stranger like you hugged me like that." She narrowed her eyes.

"John. I'm John O'Callaghan. Don't you recognize me?" I cupped her face with my hands. I really wanted to take her home and see her peaceful face when she was sleeping instead of her drunken face right now.

She was just quiet after I told her who actually I was and I took the chance with dragging her out of the club. "What the fuck?!" She yelled, trying to slap my face but I gripped her wrist hard until she gave up. I let go of her hand and she took a step away from me before speaking up. "I don't need you to be here, John. I have my own life, don't I?" She laughed bitterly.

"You do but you're my responsibility. I can't just let you ruin your own life."

"Since when am I being your responsibility? Tell me!" She yelled once again. "Just so you know, I'm not anyone's responsibility but my own and Zack's. Yeah, Zack because he's my boyfriend."

"I know." was the only thing I could manage. Even I didn't reply her question.

"Good." She said, ending up the conversation.

There was a long silence between us until I encouraged myself to look at her. She had her hands covered her face and her whole body was trembling. It was obvious that she was sobbing. Did I do or say something wrong to her?

I kept looking at her but I couldn't see her crying. I thought of how to soothe her before the toughts of holding her hands and stroking her hair appeared on my mind. My hand tried to reach hers. I didn't care about the footsteps which I heard in and out of the club. The only thing I cared about was all about Julie. I needeed to calm her down then take her home. She was a mess. But before my hand could reach hers, someone spun me around and punched me right on the face. My lips were bleed. I flinched in response and so did Julie. It was Zack. It was Zack's footsteps which I heard in and out the club lately.

I was still dumbfounded and could just see what happened in front of me. Julie immediately wiped her tears and pulled Zack's arm, bringing him far enough from me. But I could still hear their conversation. "You told me not to do something crazy but you did yourself." He remained silent and his hands still clenched up but he unclenched it once she held his hands. She gave it a gent peck which made me kinda jealous. "I love you, Zack. Please don't do that again, promise me?"

He smiled slightly at her words and nodded his head in return. He wiped the rest of the tears on her cheeks with his thumb. "I love you too, baby. Even more. I just don't want anyone to hurt you. He hurt you, didn't he?"

She shook her head. I could see her glance at me but soon she turned away before giving him a warm hug. "He just wanted to take me home and I think I should go home now." He frowned but smiling once she gave him another quick peck on the lips. "I'll see ya tomorrow, okay?"

Once he nodded, he walked back to the club and once he had lost from the sight, she immediately jogged towards me. She more like sober up right now. She showed a worried look, whispering. "Is it okay?"

She tried to touch my bleeding lips, but I flinched before she could, making her kinda shock. "We'd better be home soon, I think." I distracted my gaze from her to my watch. I couldn't bear this awkwardness. "It's 10 already anyway."

She sighed but nodding in agreement. "Yeah, we'd better be home soon." She repeated before walking past me and I followed behind.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me what you think, please :3