Status: I'd drink to that

Who's this Guy? (Jake's Story)

You Make Me Feel So...

Jake wasn't home, then again he normally worked in the mornings. He was probably at the station she thought. She had been thinking of what to say on the way over...she really needed to buy a vehicle. Cara turned away from the door and started for the elevator and pushed the down button. The door dinged and opened up and standing inside was a very worn out looking Jake. Everything she thought about flew out her mind, she wasn't expecting to see him, she hoped she had more time...then again she never expected to mention the L word when it came to him.

"Cara?" he questioned. She missed his deep warming voice. His expression was blank and she was having a hard time tryng to find her voice. She felt her eyes start to water, and she wanted to throw her arms around him. She wanted to do so much but couldn't figure out what to do first... Jake shook his head and moved past her, he wasn't going to waste anymore time, he just got done working almost twenty fours hours on a case and just wanted to crash. No matter how much his arms itched to wrap around her he resisited and moved on.

"I-I'm sorry!" he heard her shout as he reached for the door halfway down the hall from her. He looked up. He was planning on seeing her, just not this soon. He wanted to apologize for telling her he loved her and if she didn't want him saying it he wouldn't...sure he'd be bowing down to her. But he couldn't stay away from her, Cara ran toward him and stopped in front of him she had a few tears rolling down her cheeks. He couldn't help himself as he wiped them away, she didn't flinch at his touch like he was expecting. "I miss you." she said looking up at him letting her emotions show for once.

Jake sighed. "I miss you too."

"You make me laugh." she said before taking in a deep breath. "You confuse me." she added making him open his mouth but she put her index finger to his lips to silence him. "You made me cry...I hate crying. You made me feel things I've never felt. I talked to Devin last week, a bit of closure. He talked about how his wife completed him...and how she made him happy. And he was happy, you could tell by his eyes and the way he seemed to brighten up as Darleen came down the isle. I never felt complete with Devin...but with you I felt. I felt alive...but I kept myself closed off and kept everything locked up. I don't know if I felt complete with you but I know I felt happy. I liked how I felt with you next to me. I don't even know what I'm saying really and if any of it makes sense. But...I know one thing, I don't want to loose you."

"I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have told you I loved you." Jake said; Cara felt her stomach tighten. That wasn't what she really wanted to hear.

"Oh." she whispered looking down not sure of what to do now.

"Hey." he said lifting her chin. "I mean I shouldn't have told you so soon, you weren't ready to hear those words. Then I tried to force you to open up, I shouldn't try playing doctor and try fixing a broken heart. I still love you and was planning to see you sometime this week to tell you I'm sorry and that I know you don't love me and may never love me. But I was willing to wait longer...and I'll be honest; I'm not going to wait forever, I just want to know if there's a chance."

Cara smiled. "Oh Jake." she sighed before wrapping her arms around his neck and standing on her tippy toes to kiss him.

"As much as this is nice and I missed you...I'm really exhuasted and about to pass out."

"Oh! I'm sorry. I noticed how tired you are, come on let's go to bed." she said taking his key and unlocking the door for him and leading him to the bedroom where she helped undress and she climbed into bed with him and sighed he wrapped his arm around her pullng her close.

"I love you." he whispered before falling right to sleep; she sighed and smiled as she closed her eyes.