Status: updates when inspiration and free time collide.

Permanently Yours

Things That Make You Feel Free.

Sam wanted to get all up in the pit, but I was feeling not so hot, so I stayed by the bar with Ben. But even Ben was really into the bands playing tonight. I blamed the Jack. I really shouldn’t have drunk, but the boys were right – I didn’t really feel my hand hurting anymore.

There were two other bands that played before Augustana came on, yet Augustana wasn’t the headlining band tonight. I kept hearing all these girls at the merch tables raving about the last band called The Maine. I was irritated with the general age range of the crowd right now. It was obvious how young these kids were. Their parents were here at the bar with us.

“You want a drink, Grey?” Ben asked as the crowd quieted, waiting for Augustana to come on. They were setting up their gear on stage. I shook my head, but I was thirsty, so I did end up chugging the rest of the beer in Ben’s hand. Then the crowd started screaming. I could make out the members of the band walking onto the stage now. Sam must be having a blast, wherever he is.

I couldn’t recognize any of their songs except for Boston, to which I sang along rather drunkenly. It got Ben laughing at me, so I got kind of mad at him and left him there. I hated myself when I drank. I was one fucked up drunk person. Inhibitions? Completely washed away by the alcohol. That’s why Ben was with me… but when I returned from trashing the beer bottle, this other girl was in my seat, all up on Ben’s dick. Not really, but you know what I mean. I didn’t feel like being a cockblock, so I went outside for some fresh air.

I walked past the smokers and people just loitering around the venue until I made it to the parking lot and our car in particular. Sam parked right next to the bands’ buses. The bus right next to us had these five blindfolded guys on it. Weird. I lay down on the trunk of the car, my legs hanging down, and covered my eyes, trying to stop the pounding of my head. I always felt like I would go deaf in concerts. I should’ve just brought my ear plugs along.

“I think she’s passed out.”

“Well, what do you want me to do about it?”

“We can’t just leave her there! What if she falls off and hits the ground?”

The voices continued arguing, so I decided to uncover my eyes. “Can I help you?” I asked the two boys. Well, I’m pretty sure they were boys; one just had super long hair.

“Are you ok?” the long haired boy asked sweetly.

I blinked at them a few times. “You’re adorable as hell,” I declared of the long haired boy. They both laughed at me when I said that.

“Are you going to just lie there all night?” the other one asked.

“Yes. I’m a hobo,” I snapped, rubbing my temples. “Would you happen to have any Advil, kind sirs?”

“Pat, check the bus,” the other one told the long haired one.

I frowned and sat up, which made my head spin. I have such a low tolerance for alcohol. “You’re in that band?” I asked woozily when I managed to slide off the trunk and land on my feet, pointing at the bus with the blind folded guys on it.

“No, I just walked out of the bus because I broke into it,” he joked, reaching out to steady me. “You are so drunk,” he laughed, helping me lean on the car.

“No shit, Sherlock,” I laughed, trying to get a better look at this guy. He was…fairly…attractive, I guess. “Shouldn’t you be in the venue by now? Your band goes on after Augustana, right?”

“Yeah, but we’ve got some time until then. What’s your name?” he asked politely, hands in his pockets as he rocked back and forth on his heels.

But when I opened my mouth, I fucking vomited all over the poor guy’s shirt.

…So, it would be one of those nights. Oh, joy.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks for reading, hope you liked it!
my siblings are odd. they decided to camp in our living room.
and i do mean camp. they're in an actual tent. -___-;
anyways, feedback would be lovely ♡
thanks for the comment last chapter, ally... and thanks to you, subscribers! :D