Sequel: By Now

More Than Words

From the first time I pressed my lips against yours, thinking oh, is it love?

Even though we’d come to terms with the fact that we were, indeed, about to go on our second date, not much changed between Nick and I. we spent about as much time together as before. We worked together, ate together and watched movies together. Only now, there was a lot more flirting going on. Catcalls and wolf whistles were exchanged when one of us bent over while restocking books when there weren’t customers around. There was quite a bit of arguing about who would be paying for lunch or groceries. And, my personal favorite, there was a lot more cuddling and sharing of blankets during movie time.

Neither of us had attempted any sort of physical contact beyond that, but that doesn’t mean I didn’t want to.

There would be times when I would be curled up with Nick while we watched a movie and I’d look up at him to see his reactions, to remind myself that someone so beautiful had chosen me, and he’d catch me looking, smile and kiss the top of my head before going back to watching the movie. I knew it was because he didn’t want to take it too fast, but that doesn’t mean we had to move at a glacial pace either.

So I decided- if he isn’t going to make the move, I will.

We had just gotten back from closing the shop for the day and Nick had gone into the kitchen to get something to drink.

“Do you want anything?”

I dropped my messenger bag on the couch in the living room and walked purposefully into the kitchen, mentally preparing myself for what I was about to do. “Not to drink, no.” I said.

“Well, go sit down. I’ll make you something to eat.”

“Also, not what I want.” I said.

“Well then, what do you want?” he said, sighing at how seemingly difficult I was being.

I walked towards him, taking his hand and shutting the refrigerator door, taking the iced tea out of his other hand and setting it on the table.

I took both of his hands in mine, guiding them down to my hips and letting them go once he got the hint and held my hips in his hands, running his thumbs over my hipbones. I looked into his eyes and smiled playfully, wrapping my arms around his neck.

He looked back with a bemused expression, not quite sure as to what I was up to. I smiled wider and leaned in, pressing my lips against his for the first time.

There are a lot of stupid clichés that people say about a first kiss. Fireworks and stars and feeling like you were flying or floating on a cloud… I never really believed in any of them, and while I still thought they were ridiculous, I finally understood what they were trying to convey.
It was like… all my worries were lifted from my shoulders. Everything that wasn’t regarding the feel of Nick’s lips against mine, or the way one of his hands moved to press into my lower back, causing me to arch against his chest, was completely and totally irrelevant. He smiled into the kiss and wove his hands into the hair at the base of my neck, causing my hair to stand on end. My whole body was on fire, and I felt more alive than I had in years.

I pulled away, feeling myself growing weak in the knees and not wanting to lose my ability to stand all together.

“You.” I said, finally answering his question. “Just you.”

He smiled widely at me and leaned in to kiss me again, deeper this time, and with much more passion, as if what I said had finally allowed him to show his feelings for me, to put them out in the open.

I hummed in contentment at the feeling of his tongue running over mine and exploring my mouth, eager to experience all the new sensations that were now available to him. I tangled my hands into his hair, loving the sensation of the silky locks running through my fingers.

Everything about this was new and different than ever before. I’d kissed guys before, French kissed a few as well, but it had never been like this. Something about kissing Nick was electric and addictive and made it so I never wanted to stop. And, it seemed, neither did Nick.

He moved his hands that had been caressing my sides slowly moved downwards to slide into the back pocket and squeezed. I pulled his hair in response, letting a low hum escape from the base of my throat. He let out a quiet, almost imperceptible moan into the kiss and the vibrations carried into my mouth.

If I had been in danger of losing the strength in my knees before, then it was pretty much inevitable now. As if he knew I was about to collapse from the sheer emotional force of the kiss, Nick pressed me against the counter, stopping me from dissolving completely.

After a while, the kiss began to slow down and soon enough, Nick was pressing a soft, close-lipped kiss to my mouth and we pulled back, keeping our bodies close, but leaning back enough to see his face.

He smiled at me and his blue eyes held more life in them than I’d ever seen.

“Been waiting for you to do that.” he said in a low voice.
♠ ♠ ♠
FOR YOU, NICOLE!

Chapter title from Oh, It Is Love by Hellogoodbye.

Sorry it took me so long! I was on an airplane! But thanks to Nicole, I'd.Be.Your.Tears and Bolts;; for commenting!

Happy Valentine's Day again!

<3 Casey