Get up Whenever You Fall

Nikolina

Thea and I were walking towards my house, hands full with bags which hold candy and all kinds of sugar for our sleepover. My parents were out of town for a weekend so I called her over, I wanted to get to know her and I didn't want to be alone at that huge house.

We were tired of the guys and their stupid stunts in the water, they played enough of them for an entire year just in the past week. Sow, when we were leaving the beach, after Thea agreed to come over, I banned them from coming in the 2 mile radius of my house. After they pouted, begged, threw us in the water again, whined and annoyed us for 2 hours, we managed to escaped them.

I turned right to on the driveway and Thea slowed down, looking at the house in a slight awe.
"I'm glad somebody likes it." I turn to enter the house.
"You don't?" She asks, surprised.
"Nah." I wave my hand. "It's too big. I like houses that feel more..home. I don't know. Maybe it's the fact that I still haven't got used to living in it." I shrug and she nods.

We get in the house and I throw my keys on the small table beside the door. "We'll have our movie marathon in the living room. The TV is bigger there." I grin innocently and she giggles. I dump the bags on the coffee table in the living room and go grab bowls in the kitchen.

"So..." I yell to her from the kitchen, where I was still looking for those bowls.
"So what?" She yells back, her voice sounding cautions. I open another drawer and finally find what I was looking for. I get back to the living room. "So.." I begin again. "What's going on with you and Trey?" I sit opposite of her, eying her shocked expression.

"I-I didn't think anyone saw it." She admitted sheepishly and shifted her gaze to her lap.
"Well, I won't tell anyone." She looked up instantly, her pale hair falling in her eyes and making her shake it. "You won't?"
"No. Why would I? That's your own personal matter. Although I would like to know what little water scene was all about." I smile slyly and she turns a slight shade of pink.

"Thanks and I promise I will but not before we have loads of food in front of us and a movie playing on the TV." She points a finger at me, warning me that I don't attempt to get anything out of her before we do as she said. I raise my hands in defense and get up on my feet.

"Let's at least hurry then! I'm hungry for food and gossip." I start pulling her to the kitchen with bags in my hands and jumping up and down in excitement. She rolls her eyes at my childish behavior but follows me non the less.

* * * * * * * *


"You kissed?!" I squealed. She tilts her head back and lets a full out laugh.
"What?" I pout.
"It's just that, when you're with the guys, you can completely adapt to them, they can't treat you differently 'cause you are just like them when you are with them, but when you're with me you can be as much as a girly girl as anyone."

I crossed my arms and puffed up my chest. "I'll take that as a compliment."
"You should, 'cause it was a compliment. You are easy to get along with, that's what I meant to say." She smiled sweetly at me and I returned the smile.

"So what's gonna be your next move with Trey?" I ask curiously.
"When I find out, I'll let you know." I raise my pinky up instantly. "Pinky promise?" She asks amused. I nod enthusiastically and she captures my pinky in hers. "Yaaay!" I bounce in my seat.

She laughs at my actions. "You had too much sugar." I giggle and nod.
"So.." She mocks me.
"So what?" I raise an eyebrow.
"Kyler.." She trails off.
"What about him?"
She rolls her eyes. "Seriously."
"Seriously what?"

"NIC!"
"Fine..what about Kyler."
She sighs but elaborates. "What's going on between you two." She says as if I didn't know where she was heading from the begging.
"Nothing!" She opens her mouth ready to protest but I cut her of. "You'll be the first one to know if so much a guy speaks to me." She smiles proudly and nods her head playfully.

"Who else, there's no one quite like me." She tries to keep a straight face but fails and bursts out laughing and I follow suit.
"Let's just watch the movie. We're starting of with a horror movie." She whines a bit but my warning glance shuts her up and she raises her small arms up in defense.

"Oh my God!!" Fifteen minutes into the movie me and Thea scream in unison.
I bury my head in her shoulder.
"No offense, Thea, but I really wish you were a guy right now." I feel her shoulder shaking, meaning she's laughing.

"I wonder who that guy is." I sit back up and laugh sarcastically. She rolls her blue eyes and looks back to the TV, her expression changing from horrified to disgusted in a matter of seconds. I look back to the TV carefully, afraid of what kind of scene would be on.

The moment my gaze lands fully on the screen an image of a killer stabbing a girl in the eye with a pencil flashes and me and Thea both let out a scream oh horror. We clutch to each other for dear life. I can feel her nails cut in my skin.

I can hear her breathing deeply, trying to calm herself. I mimic her actions. My body was coming to an ease and I tried to keep the images of the scary looking killer from my mind. I was about to sigh in relaxation when the doorbell pierces the dead silence. We scream again, terrified, but I regain my composure.

I slowly unwrap Thea's arms of me and get up. She grabs my forearm and tries to pull me back down. "What are you doing." She whisper-yells.
"Relax, it's just a movie, things like that don't happen." I point to the screen where a scene of a group of guys were beating everything and everyone around them to a pulp just because they were bored.

"You don't know that." She whisper-yells frantically. I laugh at her slightly and pry her fingers off me.
"It's probably just the neighbors. My parents are pretty friendly with them so they get together in free time. They probably don't know they are out of town." I persuade her.

She doesn't look too convinced but nods in agreement.
In walk to the front door, unlock it and open it slightly. I was greeted with non other than Trey, Devon, Kyler and Nate, with their gaze focused on the floor. I looked down too, thinking there was something there but I found nothing.

I looked back up at them. They finally realized I was standing before them and looked up. I gasped loudly at the sight. "WHERE IS YOUR PHONE I'LL CALL THE POLICE!! WE HAVE GUNS HERE, LEAVE WHILE YOU CAN!" I hear Thea yell slightly hysterically from the house and I can't help but laugh silently.

"Calm down! It's just the guys! Come here now!" I yell back. I hear her sigh in relief and her footsteps nearing. She appears with a smirk on her face. "You just can't live without us, ca-" Thea stops mid sentence and her jaw drops open.

"What happened?!" She voices my earlier thoughts. The four guys all had bruises on their face, some traces of blood even and I can just imagine the ones they had under the clothes.
"It's a long story.." Kyler says silently, his gaze shifting back to the floor.

"Lucky for you, we have time. Come in." I move out of the way and once they are inside, In close and lock the door. I motion to them to follow me and I lead them to the living room.
"Sit down, I'll go get the first aid kit." I hurry up the stairs, Thea on my tail.

"What do you think happened?" She asks, her voice laced with worry. I shrug my shoulders. "I have no idea. I hope nothing stupid, though." I give her a sad look and go back downstairs.

I sit next to Nate, because he's the closest and wipe the dry blood under his nose with a wet towel. Thea sits on the far end of the couch, next to Trey and does the same thing just under his lip.

"So, um, guys. What happened?" I ask hesitantly.
Kyler sighs. "We were skating around, bored out of our minds, when we came across a group of guys we already know back from high school. They hated our guts back in school, too, and apparently didn't let that feeling go. Like always, got in our faces with their normal name calling and threats. High school isn't over for some people, I guess. Just this time, we were enough with their shit and didn't just pass them phlegmatically, cause we really never cared, but it just got too old, we called them up on their threats and got in a fight. Don't worry, they look worse." He shoots me his manly smirk and I just roll my eyes. His smirk falls.

I put a band aid above Nate's eyebrow and tell him to sit on the armchair so I can mend Kyler. I press on the cut on his cheek bone with a small gauze compress. His eyes meet mine. "You're mad, aren't you." I stop my actions and look at him, confused.

"I'm not. I actually understand in a way." He smiles. "Don't approve of the actual fight, but I get it. Still, don't do it again. I'm supposed to be your nurse in the park, not out of it." I warn playfully.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lots of love to my cowrite!<3