In the Eyes of Strangers

I'll Be There For You

As soon as I got the text from Charlotte, I made Johnny drive me over to her apartment. I didn’t have time to knock, because the door flew open and she yanked me into the apartment, shutting the door behind us. Once it was shut, she pulled me to the floor with her and began crying her eyes out. I pulled her to me and held her tight, rubbing her back soothingly in the process. On the inside, I was seething. I couldn’t believe that he’d done that to her. It was taking all of my willpower not to go and hunt his stupid ass down.

“Do you know how he got that black eye?” she asked when she stopped crying.

“Not at all.” I replied.

She rolled her eyes, obviously not believing me. “Who pulled you off him?”

“Jay and he told me he didn’t miss doing it.” she just laughed; I was just as bad as her in fights and it normally took a few people to break up the fights…especially if Johnny was involved. The rows we’d get into. I quickly shook the thought from my head. “How is the hangover, love?” she glared at me and I laughed. “How about you get dressed while I get you some water and aspirin?” I ask, standing up.

“Why do I need to get dressed?”

“So we can go to the gym.” she just looked at me. “As fun as it would be to kick his and that slag’s ass, I really don’t want to be kicked off this tour before it even starts.” she shook her head, but pushed herself up anyway and walked back toward her bedroom. As I went to the kitchen, I noticed the broken glass near the wall; shaking my head, I filled up a glass with some water then went in search of the aspirin. It turned out to be in her adjoining loo, so I just set the glass on her beside table before walking out of her room.

I grabbed the broom and dust pan and went into the lounge to sweep up the broken glass.

“You didn’t have to do that.” I jumped and spun around at the sound of her voice.

“I didn’t want you to slice your foot open.” she smiled weakly at me. “Ready to relive some pent up frustration?”