Status: Finished.

Twisted Symphony

Fade.

It’s become one of those weeks when all I do is devote myself to avoiding Johnnie and at this point I have to admit that I’m getting quite good at it. It’s easy to avoid him when I knew exactly where he doesn’t ever go, but then again he may not be looking at all. I’m hoping for the later but I can’t stop myself from taking precaution. It’s sort of crazy and I don’t really know why I’m doing it besides the fact that I don’t know what I would say when coming face to face with him.

“I’m insane.” I mumble into the phone as I curl into my blankets.

“Well, what exactly happened?” My sister Megan asks once more.

“I don’t even know. I had like half a beer and three jell-o shots and all of a sudden I go mental! It wasn’t even the alcohol. I felt totally fine, I mean I was a little down, but overall I felt fine.”

“Well, maybe you’re homesick.” Not really.

“I miss you, but I don’t miss home. I just can’t. I mean, I’m in New York City, If I’m homesick I’ve obviously gone insane.” I defend. “I just told him all these things about myself that I really wish I didn’t. I mean, it wasn’t exactly ground breaking stuff, but it was for me.”

“Well, how do you feel about it?” She questions.

“I don’t even know.” I shrug.

“Well, maybe you should figure that out baby-sister.” She teases. “I mean, what did he look like?” I can already feel the smile spreading across her face.

“I’ll send you a picture.” I roll my eyes. I walk over to Kayla’s desk and find a picture of her with Johnnie and another girl. I snap a picture of it and send it to her. Here it comes.

“You’re upset because a male model is up your ass? Tough life.” She’s obviously disappointed in me. “Come on baby sister! Have I taught you nothing?!” She squeaks. Her voice tends to go up twelve octaves when I disappoint her in this area.

“It’s different, you don’t know him! He’s basically sleeping with my roommate and still-” I begin.

“If Ryan gosling and Alex Pettyfer could become one person, this is his human form! When you get sent men like this, you do not question it!” She squeaks once more.

“I have to go.” I sigh.

“Gabrielle Francine! Don’t you dare hang up on me!” Cue the dramatics.

“Call Adam.” I say before hanging up the phone.

Image


Everything feels better when I play. It’s the first thing that comes to mind when people ask me why I play. Once I touch the keys everything becomes different for me. It’s as if a light turns on inside of me and something else turns off. In a practice room it’s just the piano and I. In a practice room I can do whatever I want. I can play the nicest pianos I’ve ever seen in my life. I can actually do what I came here to do and for a moment I even feel sort of invincible, but I know I’m not.

“So we’re just going to ignore each other forever? Is that what we’re going to do? Because I don’t think I can do that, Gabrielle. Not for long anyways.” He flips an empty chair in the room backwards and sits on it, resting his arms on the top of its back.

“Let’s not do this.” I fix my hair into a messy bun atop my head.

“No. Let’s.” He pushes.

“Get out.” I say sternly.

“You can’t do that.” He shrugs. “You can’t just mess with a person like that! What the hell is wrong with you?” He snaps.

“I warned you.” I shrugged carelessly.

“You didn’t warn me about you being a manipulative maniacal bitch.” He jeers.

“That’s a matter of opinion. Besides, it’s not as if you come with a warning label yourself.” I seethe. “This isn’t even about you. You’re not even that special.” I shrug. “I told you what would happen and you didn’t want to listen, but it’s still a little hypocritical for you to be the one judging me. It’s not like your behavior makes you any better than me, but I just have to ask, how does it feel to be on the other side? You know what? Never mind. It wasn’t even that personal. It wasn't a personal matter, it just happened to work out that way. You know? I have to admit, you had me there for a second.” I bite at my bottom lip.

“Yeah? You know what? So did you.” He nods leaving the room.

So did you.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short for a reason! More to come very soon! I broke double digits for subscribers :D YES! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Comments please! They mean so much.