Status: Finished.

Twisted Symphony

Disease.

Kayla didn’t bring up the whole thing with Johnnie. She’s actually acting pretty decent about it. She explained to me that’s how Johnnie is and I explained that I have absolutely positively no interest whatsoever in Johnnie. She told me she was just pissed off at him for being such a… guy. Believe it or not. We are not worst enemies and I am quite proud of myself if I do say so myself. Johnnie has left both of us alone since orientation and hopefully, me forever.

The worst thing about my evening right now is it’s twelve thirty at night and the air-condition is broken. Kayla is in boxers and an oversized t-shirt. Me? I’m in a navy blue tank-top and brief panties. Honestly I don’t care because I just took a freezing cold shower and I am still sweating like the heat of the sun is blistering my skin.We’re just sitting on our bed with a lamp to light us.

“So where are you from?” She smiles.

“Illinois actually.”

“Like, Chicago?” She runs a hand threw her hair.

“I wish.” I sigh. “More like, the farthest thing you can get from Chicago.”

“I’m sure it’s not that bad.”

“It’s not bad. Just nothing like this.'' I laugh. “Where are you from?”

“I live here in the city. I do the dorm thing to get away from the family. I only live fifteen minutes from here. It’s enough though. Enough so I can get my space and only see them on the weekends. It’s like college, but better,” she raises an eyebrow at me.

“Are you here for acting?” I glance at her posters again.

“Yeah. It’s that obvious huh? Well I never asked you what you’re here for, with that whole Johnnie thing and everything.” She seems embarrassed that she’s gotten so jealous.

“That whole thing is in the pasts. First impressions never go perfect anyways.”

“You probably think I’m some slut,” she looks down at her finger nails.

“No I don’t.” Yes I do.

“Yeah you do, but it’s okay. That’s how it looks if you don’t know the whole story. Johnnie is actually really sweet. I mean I’ve known him since I was little. Our parents met when we were like ten at some music and arts seminar in central park. We never liked each other like that. We were just friends until I had my first really real boyfriend in tenth grade. Johnnie was like my brother. That boyfriend broke up with me after I lost my virginity to him. I cried over the guy for weeks. He was such an asshole. We went out for a year and a half before I gave it up. I thought it was full proof, but it wasn’t. We had sex and he broke up with me three days later. Johnnie was there for me. Ice cream, movies, comfort food. The whole nine yards. Then we made-out on the rebound and nothing was ever the same. I mean me and him have never been anything with a label, but I love him. “

“You love him?” I’m unconvinced.

“Yeah I do. I think he loves me too, he’s never actually said it, but I know he does.”

She looks all giddy and I don’t have the heart to tell her she’s his booty call and there is no such love involved there. I can’t though. It would be like telling a little kid Santa isn’t real and I just can’t do that.

“Who was your first?” She flips her hair to the side.

“First?” I furrow my eyebrow.

“You know. Who did you lose your virginity too?”

“Here’s the thing, I’m still a virgin.” I don’t hang my head in shame because it’s nothing to be ashamed of. I just never found the right guy and didn’t give it up to the first guy that told me I was pretty and he loved me.

“Virgin?” She looks so surprised.

“Yup.”

“That’s sweet.” she smiles at me like I am a naive three year old. I hate that look. It’s all I get
when these sorts of things come up.

“So you and Johnnie are like an item right?”

“I mean. We’ve slept together if that’s what you want to know. I like to think we’re an item, but I don’t think Johnnie and I ever seem to be on the same page ya know?”

Then this tinge of sadness hits me because I feel bad for her. She loves him. I can just guarantee you he doesn’t love her back. He doesn’t see her that way. I wish he did, for her sake, but he doesn’t and I don’t think I’m making anything better. She’s actually really sweet and Johnnie just brings out the worst in her. I wish I could say I hate her, but I don’t. I can’t.

“Oh,” I touch my cheek. I can’t think of anything to say.

“Yeah,” she drawls.

“I’m going to go brush my teeth. I’m pretty tired,” I point to our bathroom.

“I think I’m going to bed soon though.” She yawns.

I go into the tight bathroom and look at myself in the steamed mirror. My wavy curls have reveled themselves since my shower and my green eyes are beaming back at me. I brush my teeth and run a hand threw my hair. It’s a freaking heat wave here. I turn the knob to the door and begin to pull.

“Hey Kayla I..” Oh. My. Why? Why is Johnnie here? He’s in a white v-neck t-shirt and red mesh shorts. Right now Kayla is giggling as he begins to kiss her neck and she leans back on her bed. His eye come to me and go wide. He stops kissing her and pops up on her bed.

“What the fuck?” he nearly screeches.

“You’re in my room. Don’t go with the interruption thing again.” I roll my eyes.

“You’re not wearing any clothes!” His eyes are tracing over every inch of my body and Kayla
gets that look on her face. The “I hate you bitch” look. I just remembered that I have a tank top and briefs on. Great. I slap my hand to my head.

“You go to sleep like this every night?” he raises an eyebrow at me and runs a hand through his hair. Kayla is going to shoot me. I can see it in her eyes. I pull at my wardrobe and slip on a random pair of pants.

“That’s hot.” he nods approvingly.

“SHE’S A VIRGIN!” Kayla yells as if it’s an airborne disease. Which it is not.

“Really?” He folds his arms over his chest.

“Yeah.” I shrug confidently.

“Confidence is sexy.” He smirks.

“But she’s a virgin!” Kayla interjects.

“You know Gabrielle, you’re the first girl I’ve met that can be innocent and sexy all at the
same time.” I think his own words amuse him.

“Is that suppose to be some sick twisted compliment?” He’s disgusting.

“They’re the only kind of compliments I know.” He smiles this boyish grin.

Those stupid pearly whites.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm looking for readers! Comment :D

Please.

Always,
-Shy;