Status: Finished.

Twisted Symphony

Break.

Johnnie doesn’t like taking Kayla out in public, he told me so in Fitzs’ class last week. And we’ve sort of come to an understanding since the Frank O’Hara incident a week and a half ago, but it only really made us forget that I punched him in the face, almost.

“I have a date.” Kayla smiles as she dances around our room.

“With?” I glance down at my music theory book and back up at her.

“This guy, Grant. He’s in my acting class and he is so amazing!” She drawls.

“He’s not ending up here tonight.” I declare.

“No. What kind of girl do you think I am?” She giggles. Her phone rings.

“Have fun.” I smile at her.

“Have to go! He’s here!” A huge smile breaks across her face as I watch as she scurries out of the room.

Image


I don’t do tears. I promised I wouldn’t do this to myself. The whole plane ride to New York all I did was convince myself that this would never ever happen. Too bad I’m being a complete and total hypocrite right now. It’s Saturday night in New York City and while everyone else is out and about like a normal teenager I’m here. Crying my eyes out staring at a computer screen like some idiot.

You know what? It doesn’t even matter because I don’t know anywhere. I don’t know anything. I would still be right here doing the same exact thing anyways. New York feels like too much in this moment. I’m alone staring at the picture of my Dad on the computer screen. The sad part is he doesn’t even know me. He knows I exist, but he doesn’t want me because when they divorced eleven and a half years ago, I never heard from him again.

He’s not that man anymore. He’s not who he was. Now, he’s rich. Rich, in New York City, running his own Law Firm. Now he’s Benjamin Danes attorney at law. Not simple Ben Danes my dad. What really gets me is he doesn’t want me. He doesn’t want Megan. He doesn’t want any of us and when he left my mom he left us all, but he promised that was not the case.

The curiosity kills me, because I’m dying to pursue a father that obviously cares nothing for me. I want to know. My mom is always trying to protect me from him. Saying I would be doing nothing, but ruining his life. And wasting my time with a father that no longer wants to oblige to his duties. It hurts me every time she says those things, but it’s true. It just doesn’t make it hurt any less.

I’m in shorts and a tank top. My hair up in a high ponytail as I wipe the tears from my eyes right before they can drop off of my chin and onto my desk. I look up at the screen again and breathe in. I hate looking at him. I’m the spitting image of him, and I can’t fathom why he wouldn’t he want someone that looks just like him.

The door swings open. It’s Johnnie with this look on his face. He saves that look strictly for Kayla, but she’s not here. I’ll never understand their dynamic and I don’t think I want to. It’s sort of sick and twisted.

“You seen Kayla?” I glance at him for a second with my swollen eyes and blotchy skin. I completely forget that I look like hell. Not that I care.

“She’s on a date.” I blink a few times.

“Oh. Okay. That’s cool. I guess I’ll just… are you crying?” He turns towards me in blue mesh shorts and a gray t-shirt.

“No.” I deny.

“Where you?” He sits on the edge of my bed.

“Does it matter?” I retort.

“Yes. Yes it does.”

“Goodbye.” I say sternly.

“No. Why were you crying?”

“It’s none of your business, Johnnie.”

“I’m obviously making it business.” I’m not doing this.

“You don’t care. Cut the crap. Besides, I’m not doing this. I don’t do tears like this.” I get up and pace over to the bathroom, fixing my pony tail.

“Come on.” No.

“ Listen, It’s not about a boy if you’re trying to catch me on rebound, so you can just go.” I glare back at him with a hand on my hip.

“You don’t cry over boys. You’re to independent for that shit.” he waves the thought off and I smile.

“I’m not that interesting.” I rub my eye.

“You are very wrong.” He smiles.

“It’s late.” I glance at the clock.

“Because I’m curfew conscious.” He smiles his boyish grin, and even in the dim light his dimple is noticeable.

I plop down on the my bed and grab a throw pillow, cross my legs so my pillow is resting in my lap.

“Why should I tell you?” I question tilting my head to the side a little.

“Because, there’s nobody else within a hundred feet for you to tell and I’m curious as to what makes you so compelling.”

“Compelling?” I laugh.

“Of course. I would love to know what makes you..you. Pulling people in.”

“Well my force field has officially crumbled.” I look down at my hands and then back up at him..

“Not for me.” He takes my desk chair and flips it so he’s sitting on it backwards like he did before in the practice room. I crawl to the edge of my bed.

“It’s just a sob story.” My phone buzzes on my bed and I flip it open to a text, and look up at Johnnie.

“You have to go. Kayla is literally down the block.”

“But we’re not doing anything wrong.” He’s puzzled as to why he can’t stay.

“Not In Kayla’s mind. If Kayla saw this she’d easily assume we’ve had sex and I’m carrying you’re first child.” I grab his arm ushering him off of the chair. His bicep is bigger than I thought.

“I would proudly be the father of your child if any of that came true. Especially the first part.”

“Ew. No.” I push him towards the door.

“I am not ew. Pee-wee Herman is ew. O.J. Simpson is ew. Kevin Federline is ew. I’m more of an ugh.” He justifies.

“Goodbye Johnnie.” I whisper closing the door behind him. Minutes later Kayla barges in late from her date and I’m just curious as to why nobody gets caught in this school.

She walks in and knits her eyebrows together.

“Was Johnnie in here by any chance?” she asks dropping her keys on the table. She’s a freaking blood hound.

“Uh yeah. Looking for you. I told him you were happily on a date and slammed the door in his face.” I smile. Even if it didn’t go exactly like that. She doesn’t have to know everything. Does she?

“Was he jealous?” she asks mischievously.

“No. He thought it was cool. You dating.” I shrug. Here I was thinking she was actually a healthy person.

“Crap! What does it take to make that boy jealous?” she runs a frustrated hand through her hair.

She grins and gears her head towards me.

“Gabrielle. What do you do?”

“What?”My eyes go wide.

“What do you do that makes him want you so bad?”

“Shoot him down?” I shrug pulling back the covers on my bed.

“So that’s what I should do? I should play hard to get? Then he’ll want me. He won’t be able to stand seeing me with anyone else.” She laughs. Poor girl’s going mental.

“Sure.” I yawn.

“You’re fantastic Gabrielle!”

For some reason I can’t bring myself to believe that her plan will actually work. Something tells me this won’t go anything like she’s planned. The knot in my stomach tells me that it will be all my fault.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for your support guys, I hope others can love this. Give me your feedback please. :D

Check this Story out. This is an amazing story and the author is talented.

DEMISE